*Sigh* Too many WHM's, not enough parties.

A place to talk about... anything!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

*Sigh* Too many WHM's, not enough parties.

Post by Keavy »

Today I got a grand total of 5K exp.

Why? There's too many goddamn WHM's on my server!

I flew through my first seventy-two levels when I was able to get on but the last three...I swear no matter when I log on to LFG I find at least five other WHM's in my level range also looking for group.

/cry

I don't have the money to level anything else. I need the dark crystals I earn from leveling to make more Yagudo Drink to sell to make the money I need to buy some more dark crystals and make even more Yagudo Drink and keep on doing that until I build up a sizable pool of gil then swim in it a la Scrooge McDuck.

...and after my swim take some of that gil and use it to buy gear, invest part into leveling crafting, and save the rest on my mule for a rainy day.

I'm just feeling a little depressed right now because I am so close to 75WHM but I feel like its miles away.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

/comfort

Unfotunately you're also now at the Main Heal Hell levels for RDM- where TP Burn style parties can rack up the big chains and often prefer to fill the 5th party spot with a DD instead of another mage and just let the RDM handle the healing duties.

Maybe try and build some parties or go with linkshell friends? You'll get there eventually :)
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

/comfort

Make your own. If there are 5 WHMs there will be 15 - 33 DDs. Hard part is the BRD, but as all BRDs hit 75 in like 2 weeks it isn't that hard. Just keep Regen III on anyone who doesn't /NIN.

Lately I even tend to prefer that the BRD goes /NIN too.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

OK I don't know if all the WHM's on my server dropped dead or were in Dynamis or what but ten minutes after logging in this afternoon I got an invite. I accept and do a /sea all WHM 70-75 and you know what? I WAS IT!!!

Yeah, baby!

Also, I think all the RDM's, Bard's and COR's were dead or in Dynamis, too because I didn't see a single one of them on all day, either.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

It varies a lot by time of day. A while ago, mornings was pure healers while evenings was pure melee. It shifts around as you level up, too. It's almost as bad as the AF2 clumping in dynamis (I swear we're down to gearing mannequins with whm af2 bodies ><).
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Keavy wrote:Also, I think all the RDM's, Bard's and COR's were dead or in Dynamis, too because I didn't see a single one of them on all day, either.
BRDs and CORs aren't your competition though :P

If I had a mannequin of one job's full AF2 I'd totally level that job :lol:
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Sugami wrote:
Keavy wrote:Also, I think all the RDM's, Bard's and COR's were dead or in Dynamis, too because I didn't see a single one of them on all day, either.
BRDs and CORs aren't your competition though :P

If I had a mannequin of one job's full AF2 I'd totally level that job :lol:
Yes, but without one of those three no one will level.

No joke, I just had a party getting 10K an hour and they disbanded (with me 7K to 74) because no RDM's, COR's, or Bard's were LFG.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Well Refresh is kinda important and 7K is quite a bit.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Keavy wrote: Yes, but without one of those three no one will level.

No joke, I just had a party getting 10K an hour and they disbanded (with me 7K to 74) because no RDM's, COR's, or Bard's were LFG.
In my opinion, breaking a party because of the lack of refresh is just stupid.
Of course exp will slow down a little because of the lack of refresh and you having to rest a little more.

However there are a few things that can help greatly in recovering MP and keeping the exp flow coming even if it is a tad slower then "normal".
You might go back to maybe 7k/h instead of the 10k/h.
I see you have summoner leveled as subjob, a lot of parties found it acceptible for me to have the smn subob a little gimp a while ago simply because it was high enough for auto refresh.
(I leveled whm from mid 60's to early 70's with a level 25 smn subjob occasionally, I used my on par BLM sub most but some parties didn't have a big problem with a gimp smn sub when there was indeed a lack of refresh.)

Sanction adds a bit of refresh when your MP reaches a certain point and you party in an aht uhrgan zone.
I never use food except for cookies most of the time, some food is helpful for some occasions but in exp MP recovery is more important then MND, Enmity down or even extra MP.(Most food gives enough extra MP for an extra cure which you get back in one tick while resting, woohoo!!)

Most parties around that level do a lot about damage negation. (Nin sub, Sam sub)
So you should be able to rest during fights in most parties, even through several fights unless.... your party sucks.

And if the need breaks and you have cooking leveled, bring some crystals and ingredients to make some drinks....
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Shirai wrote:
Keavy wrote: Yes, but without one of those three no one will level.

In my opinion, breaking a party because of the lack of refresh is just stupid.
Of course exp will slow down a little because of the lack of refresh and you having to rest a little more.

However there are a few things that can help greatly in recovering MP and keeping the exp flow coming even if it is a tad slower then "normal".
You might go back to maybe 7k/h instead of the 10k/h.
I see you have summoner leveled as subjob, a lot of parties found it acceptible for me to have the smn subob a little gimp a while ago simply because it was high enough for auto refresh.
(I leveled whm from mid 60's to early 70's with a level 25 smn subjob occasionally, I used my on par BLM sub most but some parties didn't have a big problem with a gimp smn sub when there was indeed a lack of refresh.)

Sanction adds a bit of refresh when your MP reaches a certain point and you party in an aht uhrgan zone.
I never use food except for cookies most of the time, some food is helpful for some occasions but in exp MP recovery is more important then MND, Enmity down or even extra MP.(Most food gives enough extra MP for an extra cure which you get back in one tick while resting, woohoo!!)

Most parties around that level do a lot about damage negation. (Nin sub, Sam sub)
So you should be able to rest during fights in most parties, even through several fights unless.... your party sucks.

And if the need breaks and you have cooking leveled, bring some crystals and ingredients to make some drinks....
OK...with my BLM sub, food, and gear I was starting with about 50MP per tic while healing, the only spells I had to use were Haste (on the melee) and Regen II on the puller. Even when the RDM forgot to Refresh me I never dipped below 600MP. We were consistently getting chain 7 and probably could have gone higher with a fifth melee. I tried to reason with the group and tell them we really didn't need a Refresher. The mobs weren't alive long enough for him to get enough enfeebles on them to make any difference and I didn't really need Refresh at all. Honestly, the RDM was dead weight mainly because he was AFK most of the time.

It just pissed me off that after replacing two people thirty minutes prior they decided to break up because they couldn't fill a spot we didn't even need.

I'll resume leveling tomorrow. I didn't today because I thought my Zilart Static was going to finish RoZ today but I'm the only one not on vacation. I kinda needed a break anyways and wanted to finish the Thieve's Guild storyline in Oblivion anyways.

With those achievements done I can finally enjoy the game.

P.S. I found out on my server there are "WHM dead zones" and I'm using those to my advantage. My LS wants me to replace their WHM in their Meripo static so that won't be an issue for me once I hit 75.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: *Sigh* Too many WHM's, not enough parties.

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru