The sky is mine!

A place to talk about... anything!
Fiye
Captain Fiye

The sky is mine!

Post by Fiye »

I finally made it to Sky. And oh my dear lord was it beautiful.

And of course, we all did the normal ritual. Went to Ru'Ann Gardens, someone got aggro'ed by one of blue wall groundskeeper. White mage used a Cure spell when a member got to red health, and we all died.

t'was a fun fifteen minutes.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Lucky. I've been 70 for oh...*Looks at wrist* a year or so now. >.< Still on ZM4. All end game LS's either require Sky, or new LS's just aren't good enough to get you there. And I <3 my social LS, it's just not high level enough to take on the RoZ missions.

I did go to Ro'Mave or whatever the other day for the hell of it for the first time. I was on my own, and got aggro from a DC weapon, that was an interesting fight.

Not even sure why I want Sky anyways, not a damn thing there for Drg.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Congrats on getting it.
My suggestion:
Stay away from it for a while, at least until you get the levels to exp there.
You can now, but that might be a rare party on the birds outside, and looking at your level you'll be outleveled on those soon.
But that doesn't take you real far into sky either.

Exploring the place comes when you get into an endgame linkshell.
(That is if you are interested in that stuff.)

I remember my first time in sky, the ranger I explored with agroed a Groundskeeper (doll) from the wall and died.
We were both too afraid to continue further into Tu'Lia and looked for the exit.

Later on in my first endgame/sky LS I got to explore the many things Tu'Lia had to offer.
Eviticus wrote:Lucky. I've been 70 for oh...*Looks at wrist* a year or so now. >.< Still on ZM4. All end game LS's either require Sky, or new LS's just aren't good enough to get you there. And I <3 my social LS, it's just not high level enough to take on the RoZ missions.
It's quite ok to not have it if you're not interested in any of the endgame activities.
However I will say the storyline is pretty interesting, especially if you're doing CoP on the side.
They've made those 2 storylines fit nicely into the bigger plot, but I won't spoil that for you or anyone.
I got sky when I was level 61 whm about 2 years ago, some jobs may have it easier the others of course, and I won't deny that.
But if you like to proceed with Zilarts look for /shouts. ;)

Having said that, there are enough endgame activities which don't require an endgame shell and can be done with friends.
A few examples are:
ENM, Assault, Salvage,
Dynamis, (<- needs a special kind of shell but doesn't require you to have sky, next to that you only do Dynamis 2 times a week at most so it won't keep you away from your social activities.)
Some smaller pop NMs, (Rutter sabatons can be done with a good ballanced party of 6 for example, and those are good boots for DRG),
Kindred seals BCNMs.
Even without an endgame shell, there is enough to keep you busy.
Not even sure why I want Sky anyways, not a damn thing there for Drg.
Some of the Hecatomb Abjurations drop there, it's not full time gear but handy to macro in during weapon skills.
Other then that, it does not have much to offer for Dragoons indeed.
Sea makes up for that with Homam gear from Limbus, however you'll need sea for that which is even harder to get then Sky ~.~

The gods and NMs are pretty fun to tackle tho.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Yeah Hecatomb is very sexy for WS. You can get Harness, Mittens and Leggings from Sky, Cap and Subligar are off Fafnirr and Nighog(sp?).

I hate Sky/gods myself, only done it twice but Hecatomb is sexy enough for me to go back to it *sigh*

It's also a nice place to exp with friends since no one goes there anymore.

Rutter Sabatons are euw :oops: Slow+2/3% no thanks. People pay millions for Haste+3% then casually get some slow stuff, seems somewhat inconsistant :oops: People say "you won't notice it" but it doesn't mean it's not there and it "builds up" over time.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote: Rutter Sabatons are euw :oops: Slow+2/3% no thanks. People pay millions for Haste+3% then casually get some slow stuff, seems somewhat inconsistant :oops: People say "you won't notice it" but it doesn't mean it's not there and it "builds up" over time.
It's a nice substitute for Heca feet.
And like Heca, just macro them with the weapon skills ;)
And have you taken a look at the stats on Heca gear?
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

I've been playing this game for a good three and a half years. Its about time I got access to Tu'Lia. Although, I heard about the wall aggro, I didn't expect it to be "Blue Wall + Groundskeeper".

I thought if you stood too close to the wall, something would jump out and start smacking you sideways.

But now, I'm looking at Unlocking Lufaise Meadows, and later on sky. I need to get Black Mage up though. I've uses black mage 100% on CoP runs so far (And I've only one two BC Boss fights so far).

Although, I'm guessing I'll unlock Sea soon enough. My Linkshell is planning on doing CoP runs, and we're starting at the beginning, which means I should see Sea within a month.

Although, my LS started off with ZM4 and ended up wiping after I accidentally aggroed a bomb when trying to tractor in a stupid Warrior who decided to run off ahead to light his lamp.

Edit: As for ZM8 and 12, we did 8 with the first party losing two members, and the second one losing one (Our tank due to light blade).
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

In all seriousness- good luck with your goal of getting Sea within a month.

CoP Missions have a bad habit of smacking you sideways- even more so if you get cocky. CoP also has the annoying tendency to end up being longer then you expect.

Sacrarium, Promy Vazhell, Three Paths, Airship and all of Chapter 8 especially.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

CoP really only has one nice side-effect. Players who are completely done with CoP are generaly much more skilled than players who have not. And when you tell post-CoP players something is HARD, they really take it seriously. Sea-access folks know the meaning of hard.

Told friends (who had sea but not ZM14) that the 5xAA fight was HARD. And, as a result, we went in and owned it with a standard alliance on the practice run. Afterwards, the comment was, "Uh, I thought you said it was hard?" :oops:

CoP is hard. Very satisfying to complete with great CS's all over (tons of runabout), but you'll really feel good about completing it.

I remember how nice it felt to get sky access (back in the dim times). Multiply that by 100 for finally finishing CoP.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

People tend to use Ruttons as TP pieces because they're too cheap to get Barone Gambieras or seem to think the STR+1 will make a difference and the Slow+2/3% won't :oops:

Yes I've seen Hecatomb stats, like I said very sexy for WS including Penta Thrust. It's a general rule of thumb not to switch in STR gear for Penta Thrust but Hecatomb is the exception :lol:

Unfortunately I think the only Hecatomb pieces I'll be able to get are Mittens and Leggings, Harness would be too widely contested for and the other two aren't from Sky :(
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Kirin drops the Hecatomb body quite regularly, more then Shining cloth or Crimson Cuisses, about as much as he drops an Osode.
In my experience the Heca body drops more then any other Hecatomb piece from any other god.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Really... but don't RMT camp the hell out of the pop items? :oops:
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Mostly just Ulli and Zip. The rest are fairly easy to get.
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:Mostly just Ulli and Zip. The rest are fairly easy to get.
That really depends on server, if I have to believe the stories of Asura the RMT own everything.

Sky, Sea, Dynamis, Limbus, the 3 kings, the 3 Wyrms everything.

On Titan they had control on sky, we couldn't get a stone for weeks because everything was taken down before we got there.
Every Aura pot that dropped Ro'Maeve water was camped, every Curtana spot was covered, there was a group farming for Despot and Ullikummi was botted the crap out of.
No chance on getting anything, or we had to be really lucky for if one of those groups wiped to one.

Note that it was not just one RMT group, we had 5/6 different groups of RMT up there at a time.
Getting up there at the entrance and you would already lose count on the Galka PLDs Mithra THFs and RNGs Elvaan NINs and Taru BLMs.

The ground NM, the NQ versions of the kings were also botted the crap out of.

Nowadays it looks a bit better, I haven't spotted the bigger RMT groups for a while but most likely it won't be long before they come back.
However the RMT still have control on the lesser ground NM like Simurgh, Serket etc.
But more because people just don't camp them anymore..
MittensValefor
Big Cat

Post by MittensValefor »

Fiye wrote:I've uses black mage 100% on CoP runs so far ( My Linkshell is planning on doing CoP runs
If ever you need a BLM or RDM lemme know. I'm on 4-3 right now.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
http://www.allpeopleeverywhere.com/
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

you're right Shirai- the amount of RMT penetration does vary from server to server.

As far as I know on Remora the RMT has gotten bad at Ground kings, Ulli, Zip and to an extent Dynamis and Sea but much less so there.

RMT doesn't need to "control" every pop item in sky- they can make it hell for legit players to gain pop items for Kirirn just by "controlling" one or two NMs needed to get the pop items for the "lesser" gods.

I left the endgame scene last fall and have no desire to go back so my info is undoubtedly out of date. Everyone in my social shell feels the same way I do about the sky/hnm endgame scene.

The fights are fun but the drama between legit players/shells, RMT shells and "legit" players who bot just isn't worth it.

Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Anyone here done both Sea and Sky and the event(s) that connect the two?

You get an achievement for doing that and...I don't wanna be one of the lame kids using achievements from easy games for the Old Spice rewards thing so I wanted to know if I actually could get that one by the end of the contest.

I'm at Mission 5-2 and STILL stuck on Promy-Holla :oops:

I'm kidding about the achievement unlocking thing but serious about the first part. Anyone here done it yet?
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

I have experience on both.

I've had sky for 2 years and have done every NM and god more then several times.
The NMs and gods are not really challenging anymore for me as far as going with the entire LS.

The challenge is in beating them with minimal resources.
(Naked Genbu was extremely fun. No armor allowed, weapons only.)
Normally we don't even allow blms or smn in the Genbu alliance, melee only.
But that's just an example to keep things fun.

Some are a bit more challenging at the moment we are trying to perfect straight tanking Kirin and killing him faster that way.
(Our last attempt we didn't track time but we did 30>0% in 3 minutes.)
We just need to perfect keeping the tanks alive.
And the timing of Skillchains and Magic Bursts.
(pretty rough when he has some special moves that do 4/1000+ damage which ignore shadows and likes to use them back to back.)
As you might know when a tank dies or loses hate the mob moves to the next person highest on the hate list.

Most endgame linkshells have sky pretty much figured out and are just trying to perfect strategies.

Now sea, is a whole different challenge.

The monsters are completely different in behaviour, funnier is the sky gods all use a 2 hour ability.
So do the sea gods, but.. several times.
And the abilities of sea mobs can be quite deadly.

Sea gods are more deadly and challenging then the sky gods are and spawning them is considerably more trouble then sky.

For example: You can get a full spawn set for all 4 gods + kirin in a good day as all NMs have a 100% droprate on the stone needed to spawn a god.
All sky gods can be downed in less then 3 minutes with a good group.

Sea is a bit more tricky:
To spawn a tier 1 god you need to either collect a stack of chips dropped from a very specific mob or one or a couple of HQ organs.
For another you need to roam around the zone killing specific mobs on specific places to spawn it.

Spawning it can take hours of farming/roaming and then the funny part.
The droprate of the stones needed to spawn the tier II gods is not 100%.

Getting the ultimate price: The set for the tier III god Jailer of Love and Ultimately Absolute Virtue can take weeks to months.

I've fought every sea god, and I have to tell you, the fights indeed take considerably more skill, strategy and endurance then sky fights.

What sky and sea have in common, I don't know yet as I still have to do the final mission which connects Zilart and CoP together.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Keavy was specifically asking about the final battle that connects both RoZ and CoP I believe.

But yea, from what I've seen of Sky vs Sea- quite a bit of sky and very little of Sea (just running around for kicks/CoPmission stuff)- they're two completely different animals.

Even the normal mobs in sea go by different (and confusing at first) rules.

Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Side note about Rutters Sabotons(sp?). {Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.} I have a hard enough time as it is getting help for other NM's. I'm gonna keep my RSE feet for TP/WS, and use Amir boots for TP when I get them.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I don't know how bad RMT is on Bahamut, I believe my endgame still does Sky and Byakko and Genbu I've seen taken down quite easily. I haven't been to a Kirin fight but I know they've done him once or twice :oops:

Amir Boots are very sexy, unfortunately the Assault(s) to get them sucks and also has Pahluwan Seraweels which I also need :oops:
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Valefor isn't all to bad on RMT as far as I've scene.... although the Yagudo that drops the Monster Signa is camped to holy fucking hell. I wouldn't even dare test farming it vs. the 200k cost (Plus, I can always sell it back when I'm done with Bard).

I wish SE was a bit more prominent in allowing us to report RMT. Basically, we report names, GM sends a /tell to the person in question. Is no response, /tell again. If still no response, /3 day ban and put a check against them.

If they continue the behavior again, go for a month ban, and then once more, ban the credit card.

I'd find that way to be a hell of alot easier than other things.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: The sky is mine!

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо