Heart and Soul

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Heart and Soul

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I wan't to quit my Rdm.. ive lost 8 times against maat, and im burning all my gil every time. I go in on darksday and windsday, i go in naked, I cast sleep and dispel first, and it gets resisted. I try Sleep II and it gets resisted, I cast bind, it gets resisted, I panic and try to run, I die, I face him and cure myself, I end up burning too much mp. I try yag drinks, I still burn up too much MP. I get frustrated. I nearly punch my computer screen. I stop playing rdm for days until I try again. WILL I BE STUCK AT LVL 70 FOREVER??????????????????????? :x :x :x

Travelling to Beaudex to farm a scroll of Rdm Testimony: 200 gil (chocobo)

Buying supplies and meds to fight Maat: 230,000 gil.

Using convert 3 seconds into the fight Against maat because you pressed the wrong macro button:.... Priceless.

For everything else, theres Mithco!
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Maat's a pain, there is no doubt about that. Have you tried asking on the RDM forums at other places, such as wiki.ffxiclopedia.org, or (heaven forbid I should suggest these, the lag is atrocious) www.killingifrit.com or ffxi.allakhazam.com ? Tho, you're more likely to actually get help over at KI than at Alla, you could ask there in both the RDM forums, and possibly in the forums for your own server as well. Being a non-RDM, I can't really make any suggestion for ya. X.x
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Oye. That RDM Maat can be a tough one to swallow.

Thankfully, I have an online BF that's worth millions of gil, and likes my company ^^.

Anyways, it'll be a pain, but I'll overcome it. After all, my BF has gone 0/14 on DRK against Maat.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Hey now, the alla forum for RDMs is pretty good- many experienced RDMs who welcome newcomers/honest questions. Just read the sticky first :lol:

Less lag then KI too- don't have to wait for page long sigs to load and at least on the RDM forums there's less tendency for everything to fall into a drama war.

The RDM fight is a pain- but it can be beaten. Don't give up^^
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Heh not to be mean but your BF sucks :P DRK Maat isn't that hard but RDM certainly is.

If you don't care so much about getting 75 that quickly then just leave RDM alone until you can do Maat on DRK.

I've known someone who tried RDM Maat over 20 times :oops:
80% luck, 10% fluke and 10% knowing what to do.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

gave up on wanting to fight maat for time breaker on war
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

I'd switch the numbers around some and add in a few percentage points for not panicing but yea- there's a great deal of luck involved in RDM Maat.

You could always level another job up for the fight- no shame in that.

One of the worst and most arrogant RDMs on my server took 3 months of nearly constant Maat fights to get past Limit Break 5, but he did it in the end so don't give up^^
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Just take the easy way out like I am with WHM Maat. All you have to do is wear him out then change his Depends, give him his Metamucil, and tuck him into bed.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Hehe the worst RDM on Bahamut will never beat Maat 'cause he's determined to melee him to death :lol:

Your guys might have heard of him, he's called Birdhair and he seems to post an Allak :lol:

P.S. I think "not panicking" comes under "knowing what to do" :lol:
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Nope. Knowing not to panic and not doing it are too very different things.

Something will always go wrong in a fight/mission- that's why they're called the enemy.

:?: Birdhair....he hasn't posted recently on alla I don't think. Name is vaguely familiar though.

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

It has been fairly well proven that Maat does not copy your equipped stats. I believe that he is the same level that you are due to his never using Aero III on me at levels lower than 69.

Generaly agreed on things for RDM Maat:

Do not stop and buff. While you buff so does Maat. If he gets Blink up, you die. Hit the ground running, cast Sleep II first thing. Have Sleep macroed as a back up.

Do not Silence him. His spells will not kill you near as fast as his fists. Corrolary; carry Echo Drops. You do not have Asuran Fists.

Yagudo Drinks not Refresh. Lower casting time, takes no MPs.

Its not mostly about luck, its ALL about luck. Many RDMs can tell stories of going in with average to gimp gear, just to see what it was like, and winning first time. Others can talk about having ALL the hot gear and going 1/18.

Took me over 12 tries, I don't count things like that, I might get discouraged. Decent gear for parties, somewhat gimp for Maat.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
MittensValefor
Big Cat

Post by MittensValefor »

Soon after I got Refresh, all the stories I heard about RDM Maat scared me into leveling BLM to 70 for the fight. Took me about 6 tries with BLM.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
http://www.allpeopleeverywhere.com/
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I've had Maat cast Diaga II (non-RDM spell) on me and my friend said she had him cast Fire III (RDM71 spell). Also Asurian Fists is a Lv71 WS (250 Skill) so yeah Maat's a big fat cheat :P

P.S. Silence won't stick 9 times out of 10 and if it does it won't last longer than a few seconds anyways :P
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

He does resist Silence and Gravity pretty heavily, but I have had it stick for a good 10-20s before.

Considering how fast he can move, he doesn't need more then a few seconds to unleash Asuran Fistaga on you anyway.

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Sugami wrote:Silence won't stick 9 times out of 10 and if it does it won't last longer than a few seconds anyways :P
A few seconds is all it takes for him to unleash Asurian Fists all over your helpless body. And if it DOES stick, he will.

Just my luck, every time I silenced him, it stuck... :roll: Then I learned not to.
Sugami wrote:Maat's a big fat cheat :P
Of course he is. He has two full jobs, you are striped of your sub. On top of that he has an A+++++ rating in H2H and spells unavailable to NMs of his level.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

I am going to fight Maat as a thief and just take his wallet ..... easier said than done im sure.
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/The-Master-Thief.png[/img]
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

No that's a fight that's 100% luck. :lol:

At least you can get two tries out of every test^^

Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:No that's a fight that's 100% luck. :lol:

At least you can get two tries out of every test^^
The problem is living long enough to try a second time XD
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Its even easier.

Go in
Put a RR of some sort on (CP item, hairpin, w/e)
Try to steal
Pop flee/2hr and run to the outer edge of the arena/hallway and let him kill you.
Wait until he returns to the center
RR
/heal until timer is back up for steal and try again^^

I admit, I don't have any personal experience doing this fight but two of my good friends in game were/are thieves and they both used this method to eke out more chances against him.

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I didn't think he agro'd when you RR'd so doesn't matter where he kills you ^^ you could try and hit him with a buttload of sleep bolts but you'd probably be long dead before Steal is ready again :lol:
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

No he does- its like all BCNMs, there's a range where you're "safe" from aggro when he's in the center, but if you put a toe over that line he'll start moving.

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

But you can run up to him and poke him at the start and he won't agro. Guess once you touch him it's game on :lol:
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Heart and Soul

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Heart and Soul

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru