What did you do this weekend?

A place to talk about... anything!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

What did you do this weekend?

Post by Keavy »

Friday: Came home for work and prepared for "Friday night flicks." Its this thing me and my friends have done for a while now. We find movies that are mindless fun and watch them together. This week it was a double feature: Clerks and Clerks II. Most of my friends had never seen the first one and none had gone to see the sequel so it made for a great friday night.

Saturday: My "Friend" (He's like the Cartman of our group) wanted me to come over and I wanted to head over to EB Games to trade in some old games and get some new stuff so off we went.

At EB I got Final Fantasy III (I was too busy to pick up my reservation before) and also got the GTA Trilogy on Xbox and Devil May Cry box set for PS2. My buddy that works there asked if he could have DMC2 and the boxset box so I gave it to him which pissed off Cartman because he wanted DMC2. He should have asked. Also, I have to point this out: Cartman made the manager of EB laugh so hard he actually coughed up phlegm by saying the following: "Rainbow Six: Vegas is just another GTA clone." I kid you not.

So anyways, Cartman decided to get a DS Lite and a couple games (Castlevania and Final Fantasy III) and wanted me to play with him. So instead of killing hookers on my Xbox or slaying demons on my PS2 I decided to play FFIII with him. Three hours into it Cartman was in full rage mode because he couldn't figure out the game and I refused to help. Then I left and went home. Had dinner at home and stayed up all night watching the first season of Buffy with my roommate, his brother, and my friend Evelyn.

Sunday: Woke up late, took a shower, played more FFIII, then watched "Reservoir Dogs" with my dad because he'd never seen it. He loved it and like me, he will think of that scene in the warehouse everytime he hears that song "Stuck in the middle with you."

Now I'm chilling while watching "Goodfellas" on Spike TV (I have the DVD but I like to watch the bastardized version every now and again.)

So, how was your weekend?
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Sugami
Anime cat

Re: What did you do this weekend?

Post by Sugami »

Keavy wrote:Cartman made the manager of EB laugh so hard he actually coughed up phlegm by saying the following: "Rainbow Six: Vegas is just another GTA clone." I kid you not.
What? :oops: :?

FFIII is multiplayer? How does that work?
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Is it? Or were they just playing it at the same time, next to each other?

This was drill weekend for my hubby (he's a weekend warrior for the Army- at least until April when his unit is going active and deploying to Iraq /sigh) so I was single momming it this weekend.

Played FFXI fri- static group tried to do 8-2 but our Oklahoma bound members were iced in and couldn't stay online longer then 30secs withotu d/cing so I just wandered around Vana'diel, chatting on linkhshell and admiring my current chocobo.

Sat- tried a hunt or two in FFXII and explored a few new areas, made my insanely good chocolate chip cookies (seriously, its insane- no one who tries them can ever stop with just one. I can not keep cookies in my house) with my son, who at 5 can already knows how to cook more then his daddy does, and tried to do 8-2 again. Same issue as Fri with our Okies, so we postponed it until this coming Tues.

Tried to get a merit party with my friend, no takers, so we went out NPC levelling for a bit, then helped some linkshell members get a coffer key in Crawler's Nest for AF.

The nearby party was a bit miffed when we showed up- two 75s alone go through the coffer mobs quickly and with a party we were just snapping up all the prey.

Anyway, did that for a bit and logged for the night.

Sunday- Read some, finished two new books I'd just picked up and played FFXI while ignoring the growing pile of dishes in my sink.

Which I now have to face. /sigh
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

He wanted me to be a "Strategy guide" for the game since I beat the emulated NES version. I refused to help because if you're too dumb to figure out that game you need to be shot. Hell, if you can't figure out the main quest in FFXII you need to be shot along with your children.

Its got some DS Wi-Fi functions like sending mail and such.

Oh, and Sugami I am not kidding. He actually said that. I seriously wish I had one of those camera phones that got Kramer in trouble so I could upload that on YouTube and shame that fat bastard.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Trying to stay warm. Inch of ice on all trees, trees too heavy, fall on power lines, 1,000,000 without power.

And in other news, this is the second time in one year my area declared a national state of emercency. (The F2 Tornado tap dancing through my town in April was the other time.)
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Spent saturday morning christmas shopping and getting errands done, was finished by 2. Went to Gamestop and traded in my PS2 since they were doing a big push and offering an additional $20, considering I had the old style and had that unit for at least 6 years, walking away with $77 for a ps2, 2 controllers and a memory card was pretty darn good imo. After that Spent a couple of hours playing LoZ:TP, then played with the baby until it was her Bedtime. Spent the rest of the night playing Resistance.

Sunday, few hours of resistance, did some chores around the house and got prepared for my interview today.
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

This weekend I spent about 18 hours tracking down a spanning tree loop in my switch network x.x

Other that that I jumped out of a blackhawk :D thats always fun.

Scarlett, April is when we punch out. If you husband is relieving the army unit here at TQ we can leave him a bunch of stuff... Funriture, fridge's, microwaves, etc... Just have him find the Marines at Comm Co.
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/The-Master-Thief.png[/img]
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Will do, and thanks^^

Not sure where he's going to end up in the sandbox yet. He got involantarily transferred and from what he said this weekend, his new unit is barely at half-strength with alot of newbies straight out of training making up what manning they have.

He goes active in April, but has 90 days of training or some such thing at Ft. Bragg before they go over so its not like he's going over over in April.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Sakino
Big Cat

Post by Sakino »

Eh, depends on if you mean in game or out of it. :wink:

In game it was a hectic weekend but a fun one. Emerald Arcanum hosted 3 events as sort of a test of the new calendar feature on playonline.

They went well. The lvl 20 Garrison netted everyone who came an item as well as a mannequin part. The BCNM20 runs went well also. 3 astral rings and 3 thunder spirit pacts. :)
Ph33r th3 b4rd!

[img]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4166/131035531942hl.gif[/img]

"Wealth is an illusion, power is fleeting, but tuna... tuna is REAL!" - Brynmor of Phoenix
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Went to London on thursday to visit some great friends from ingame and explore London a bit.

Got up at 5 AM in the morning took a shower and went to Amsterdam airport for my flight at 9 AM.
Arrived at 9:30 AM London local time and got picked up by friends holding up a sign /sea all Shirai XD

went to their home and set up a PC with internet access for me, went out for some food went home.

Friday:
Woke up went out for breakfast and some shopping and exploring, ate lunch and went home again to do Reverend Mail.
Afterwards camp a few HNM and went to sleep.

Saturday:
Rainy and stormy day so we stayed at home and talked, cooked and had an all out great fun day inside.

Sunday: went out exploring a little, came home ate dinner killed some sky gods and tried to get a claim at King Behemoth.
Alas no go.

Monday:
Time to say byebyes, time went by too fast. :(
Invited to come back to London in summertime to visit them again, maybe even a bit longer and enjoy London's theater season.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I spent all weekend on the Phone with Chevrolet and The Make-A-Wish Foundation to do a project car for charity. Well Chevy Gave my shop the go ahead and donated a Chevy Cobolt SS to the project.

We dont do these projects often, but their still fun
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru