Valkyrie Profile

A place to talk about... anything!
Yukira
Feral Cat

Valkyrie Profile

Post by Yukira »

Anyone else tried this magnificent game? I'm at chapter 3 now and I've enjoyed every bit of the way! My only hope is that it would have had original japanese voice track since some of the english dub is utterly miserable. Luckily the voice of Valkyrie is rather good though.

Also, if anyone knows any tips on developing the characters (for example what skills to take and what to avoid), please share! :)

P.S. If I'm not seen in Vana'diel for awhile, don't wonder... :lol:
Sylphine
Tomcat

Post by Sylphine »

I've cleared all difficulty of this game. (easy, normal, hard and cleared Seraphic Gate 10 times for all secret and have the save game of almost 100% voice collection) :?:

There're many things to say on the character's skill, I suggest you to look for a faq or you may PM me if you want.

Don't forget to send the Eienherjar for Freya, and don't take too many of Odin's artifacts. Or Freya will kill you! (I'm not kidding)

By the way, I really like this game personally. That's why I play, play and play until the I got all secret and all main characters are lv 99.
Sylphine on Titan Server...

[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sylphine]More Info[/url]

Aw...after 50 leveling becomes more difficult now........
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

Heh....taken just two artifacts so far and even those weren't worth it....guess I'll just send 'em all to Odin.

In the first chapter I didn't send any Einherjar to Valhalla, but in chapter 2 I sent Llewelyn and Jelanda. I think I'll keep Arngrim, Nanami & maybe Jun as static members of my party.
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Oh yeah, I remember how like... a good portion of the VA cast I recognized from the Pokemon TV show.

The game did rule though, it's just one of those games that's impossible to find a copy of. It goes for over $100 on Ebay.

I remember always trying to rack up huge combo numbers as best I could, usually ending up with several hundred hit PWSes.
Sylphine
Tomcat

Post by Sylphine »

Yukira wrote:Heh....taken just two artifacts so far and even those weren't worth it....guess I'll just send 'em all to Odin.

In the first chapter I didn't send any Einherjar to Valhalla, but in chapter 2 I sent Llewelyn and Jelanda. I think I'll keep Arngrim, Nanami & maybe Jun as static members of my party.
Actually, you'll need to send at least 1 Einherjar to Freya per chapter. And I highly recommend you to send 1 Einherjar per chapter.

You MUST keep Arngrim, he's too good to be send up, besides Freya said he's not suitable. (I've never try to send him, he's way too good to be sent away :lol: ) But you may not use him in the party, it depends on your consideration...

Another static member (I keep her until the end game) is Mystina. She's another character who can NEVER be send up since she's too good to be send up. (again, she has quite high magic power comparing to other mages) And she doesn't have enough hero value when Freya ask for a mage.

After the event in chapter 5 in normal mode or above, right after Lorenta's event. You may be able to get Mystina. After you got her and you're out on the map, visit her hometown and go to her house, she'll walk in and pick out her "Infinity Rod" which allows the mage who use it to cast Legendary magics when the combo gauge is full. (Beware, it have a chance of breaking! 8% Approximately)
---------------------------------------------------
Another tip when you made the combo gauge full :thumb: :

When the gauge is full, wait until the number drop to 50 and hit the button to select the one to use their special attack. The special attack will be 1.5 times in damage than the normal special attack with other number.

----------------------------------------------------
Valkyrie's Niberlung Valesti :thumb: :

Valkyrie (or you may know her full name as Lenneth Valkyrie) has 3 levels of Niberlung Valesti, depends on her weapon.

Level 1: Lenneth delivers a normal combo : Slash, slide, then a 2 hit sword swing. And 3 spears pops out and stabs the enemy 1-by-1. (most of the time, the sword she has is at this lv)

Level 2: Lenneth delivers a normal combo, 3 spears stab, then she jumps into mid-air, spread out her wings making the Valkyrie Lance and throws the lance toward the enemy. (Mid-level sword can trigger this level)

Level 3: Same as level 2, but after she threw her lance at the enemy the lance will explode and cause a deadly damage on the enemy. (Very rare sword trigger this, usually they're the sword in 1-2 last chapters)

I guess I typed too long this time, I may be posting some other trick tomorrow. (It's already 2.40 am here, I guess I'll be off to sleep) :|

[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sylphine]More Info[/url]

Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

Found a soundtrack of some kind: http://rpgcornerbis.online.fr/VP_Arranged/index.htm :D
Chaoskitten21
Feral Cat

Post by Chaoskitten21 »

omg!i havent played that game in so friggin long!if i remember correctly my final pt for the boss was lenneth,arngrim(sp?),the old granny(forget the anme),and lucian(that's his name right?dude in the red armor)
Althaia
Tomcat

Yay for VP!

Post by Althaia »

8) This game is so cool. 8)

I just have a little warning: there are two or three (I forget which...) endings to this game but only ~one~ best ending. Slyphine could probably help you out more than I could, but, after doing all that, wouldn't you want the best ending?

Well, good luck. Yay for Valkyrie Profile again. :wink: :D
~[url=http://adventuresalthaia.blogspot.com/]Alth Aaiaa: Bio and Music[/url]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Astragem14/CharGallery/MithraPrideSig.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.bismarckcommunity.com/]Member of the Bismarck Server Community[/url]
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

Nah, actually I want the ending that reflects on my playing style most first. After that I will later aim for the endings i haven't yet seen. :)
Sylphine
Tomcat

Post by Sylphine »

OK, another tip on the endings! Here we go! :thumb:

Ending C : Yes...you betrayed Odin :twisted:

To do this ending is practically easy. When you kill a boss, Odin's Artifact boxes will appear. Choose not to return it to him, his trust in you will reduced by 5.

Keep doing this until his trust drops to 0, and when you exit the dungeon after his trust is 0 you'll eventually meet Freya, who will warn you that if you ever do this again (make Odin lose his trust in you) she'll punish you.

Ok, now you'll get another chance to choose whether you want this ending or not. If you've decided, make his trust (which is now at 1) drop to 0 again.

**Spoiler** (drage the mouse below)

Freya will come to you and take you to a place where she'll fight you AND no matter how much you try, you will NEVER win against her!

Grats, you got killed by Freya and it's a gameover...

Ending B : Ok, the war of gods...let it begins

Play as you want to play, don't let Odin's trust drop below 50 for the rest of the game, send an Einherjar to Freya (every or almost every) chapter, the game will eventually make your final dungeon to be the Icy Palace "Jotunheim" where you will fight Surt, the king of giants.

**Spoiler**
Surt will try to tell you that the one who started the war was Odin, but Valkyrie won't listen and she will finish Surt off.

Ending A : That's the truth! (Do this to unlock the real prologue)

Start off carefully :thumb:
- don't go to the small meadow, encounter Lucian in Jeravellan, or meet
Brahms until chapter 4
- don't take off the Nibelungen Ring yet
- keep a relatively high Trust of Odin

1. As soon as Chapter 4 starts, send up a person who meet Freya's
requirements. This should get your Seal Rating to about 100.

2. Now, without going to any other events, do the following:
- visit the small meadow: -15
- meet Lucian in Jeravellan: -15
- meet Brahms, choose not to fight: -15
- Defeat Lezard in his castle: -15

These four events, plus doing any other side events, will make your Seal Rating plummet from around 100 to about 41. Now take off the Nibelungen Ring before the Sacred Phase (and take it off prior to other Sacred Phases from now on). The ring does give you 50% against "Dark" so it's a useful accessory otherwise.

3. When Chapter 5 starts, go recruit Mystina and Lucian for your party. Mystina will take off -15, and Lucian -18 from your Seal Rating. Doing about 3 side events will take off -6. And if you took the Nibelungen Ring off before the Sacred Phase, that's another -2. At this point, your Seal Rating should be hovering around 1 point or so.

Now send Lucian up. This will boost your Seal Rating, but since the goal is to keep it below 37(?) and since sending people up nets you a +12 it shouldn't be a problem.

4. Now, when Chapter 6 ends, if your Seal Rating is below 37(?) then you should see an event during the Sacred Phase with Lucian (Freya and Loki will be talking). Witnessing this event is THE KEY to getting the good ending. (In other words, if you don't get this event - you blew it ;) )

After this it won't matter what your Seal Rating is, so you can send people up to Valhalla if you want. But remember to still keep your Estimated Odin's trust above 40 before the end of the game.

5. When Chapter 8 starts, press start and it should tell you to go to the small meadow. But before you go, it may be a good idea to visit other dungeons to collect items and boost your levels. As you'll soon enter the last dungeon of the game.

I'll give this no spoiler, it's a very very long typing :( Do it and see for yourself, it's worth it in someway. :)

:!: About Lenneth's Niberlung Valesti, the lv 3 one require her to wear the Nibelungen Ring too.

Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

Chapter six almost finished already. Seal value high so I guess I'll be getting ending B. :)
Sylphine
Tomcat

Post by Sylphine »

OK, another tip on characters :thumb: :

Lyseria : The legendary witch who can't control her own power, so she sealed herself within a ruins.

You'll get her only in hard mode, during the sacred phase before chapter 8, Odin will have a word with you about Lyseria.

Now head to the Ruins of Archden, go to the deepest crystal where you fought the servant of queen hell. You'll get an event with her, then she'll test you out.

After you win her, you'll get this powerful witch, BUT the hard mode will set all character to lv 1 no matter when you get the character. Make sure that you have enough exp left in the exp orb if you want to use this witch.

Is it possible to get Freya, Brahms and Lezard in your party? :thumb:

Yes, but you'll have to play in hard mode first. Get the Seraphic Flame Jewel from the 8 chapter. (1 per chapter) And be sure to save at the last save point available in the final dungeon, after you have cleared the game, go into Seraphic gate mode.

In Seraphic gate mode, all your friends will be in your party no matter you have send them to Asgard or not.

As you walk around, you may notice a strange green door with lots of glyphics on it. Check it, there will be an option asking if you will use the Seraphic Jem or not. Behind the door will be either the best items in the game or Freya/ Brahms/ Lezard who will join after you win a battle with them. (You'll only find one person or 3 treasure chests when you open the door, and there're 8 doors all over Seraphic Gate.)

Seraphic Gate Mode

This is the hidden mode that you can enter only when you cleared the game once, and have saved at the last save point in the game.

Whenyou enter, load your save, and you'll be a the entrance of Seraphic Gate. BE CAREFUL! There is only 1 save point in this mode and it's at the very beginning of this dungeon!!

OK, there're 4 levels of Seraphic Gate : Yellow, Red, Green, and White. You'll have to go through these levels to get to the boss of Seraphic Gate.

Also, this is where you can make your voice collection to be 100% All monsters you meet in the big room before confronting the final boss will give you the voices of the one you didn't fight in the last save game.

e.g. : Surt, Loki, Hrist, Genevieve, Akhetamen, Wraith, Bloodbane, etc.

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Valkyrie Profile

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Valkyrie Profile

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru