So I was fishing yesterday and...

A place to talk about... anything!
Sugami
Anime cat

So I was fishing yesterday and...

Post by Sugami »

Disclaimer: story contains rant :P

So I'm happily fishing minding my own business when I get a random party invite. Now I have no flag or comment and I'm on DNC (why are we wanted? We're actually quite crap :lol:) so I think about this for a second then decide to accept.

Guy tells me to gather in Jeuno and I ask him to let me know when the party is full before I make my way up there. He then calls me selflish... so I basically tell him to take his invite and shove it.

WTF selfish? I only want to fish whilst waiting for him to gather all the members. He's lucky I even replied to his random invite let alone accepted it. I find it ironic he called me selflish and he's the one expecting me to drop everything I'm doing to help him out when I haven't explicitly advertised for a party in the first place. What a jerk! :x

Perhaps he misunderstood. I did accept the invite not tell him I only join parties that are 5/6 like what stuckup BRDs do. But being a douche didn't help his case.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Funny that I do the exact same thing, no matter what level.

If people want me to party with them, it's up to me to set the standards basicly.

When people ask me to exp no matter what level my first question always is what their setup is before I decide to join.
Simply because too many times I've been invited to half arsed parties that disband half way of building it because there is no rdm, brd or healer replying or lfg.

In my opinion you build a party Support > healer > tank > the rest.
When there's no support looking I won't even start inviting or accepting...
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

hmm this reminded me of something that happened a few weeks ago...
I was fishing in get lost & die jungle.
I hear this noise like a taru dying and look around. Sure enough, dead naked taru. Before I can even react beyond that, the body disappears.
Moments later... I hear the sound of one of those fish aggroing, followed by taru dying.
:?:
I moved so I was at a better vantage point to whitness this taru run in.
I wondered if they were hp-ing and then OP-ing just to run back out and die... but thought that was REALLY odd.
Again it happened... but I never once saw the taru run up from anywhere.
Sure, the taru could have had sneak oil & prism powder but still... this was getting curious-er and curious-er.
:?:
I did a /sea all of the name and they never left the zone.
I decided to kill some of the fish so the taru wouldn't get aggro...
Next time the taru *popped* and just stood there, since there was nothing around. I began to fish. Next thing I knew I heard the sound of a taru dying!
I cursed a little because I had missed it.
Next time the fish popped, I slept them.
Taru popped... then a short way away, a fish spawned. The taru seemingly de-popped from near me & re-popped next to the fish. :?
Now THAT was super suspect!!
I placed a call to a GM & continued messing with this test taru bot...for about 30-45min...when a GM finally got to me.
I explained everything & invited the GM to join me for the fun.
Much to my dismay, he declined.. HOWEVER! He did say that they detected a violation & that the player had been removed! :shock:
Sure enough, every time I searched the name, nothing! :lol:
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I took a chance in dunes. 4 people, I was on dancer, it was a random invite, but after 6+ hours in dunes (on my 360 at my garden railroad club, it was raining, we had new members and there was a live steam clinic going on, I was there basically because I take any chance to help out when I can). well in 2 hours I went from 17 to 18 very quickly. We had a PL and while normally I disown PL's, I took the slack off this RDM by spamming Curing waltz and reducing the amount of MP lost or the need for Refresh, I think the PL kind of enjoyed that.

Other times I've had crap, Sometimes, its best to take a chance, sometimes, stay clear away from them!
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Aye back in the days when my parties weren't doomed to fail from the start I'd do a search for tanks, refreshers and healers. If there weren't 2/3 seeking I wouldn't even bother to try and make a party.

However the invite came from a DRK75 not in a party, so I instantly new he was still putting it together since he wasn't on the right damn job. Hence I wanted to keep fishing until he got the whole lot ready. If I find the party setup is lacking certain jobs I'll just leave it.

That's really weird, Tianshii :? I wonder what that taru bot was trying to do (besides die a lot). Any NMs spawn around that location?
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

No! lol No NM spawns anywhere near where I was that I can think of.
I even asked my LS & they were perplexed.
My guess is it was someone testing a claim bot or a <pos> warp hax type bot because I could never target them or see them until they spawned.
Whatever they were doing, it was enough to get them insta-banned, which made my night :lol:

To add something to the party scene: lately I'm very finicky with parties because my last one that wasn't 100% ppl from my ls was HORRID.
Now I just harass LS members to exp with my SAM (now 71).
Next job I want to get to 37 at least is dancer & I'm kinda worried... ;>.>
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Hey Tianshii think you could hook me up with a siggy banner like yours?

also, Chances are yes that's what they were doing, I caught someone pulling that crap today on Hades, only they were testing on one of the goblin pops for a campaign op in East Ronfaure S. Claiming it right off me. GM took care of that for me, yes I got a nice GM For once Horray!
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Curious and curiouser. They're little test char get their main char banned too? :lol:
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

KarouKaniyashia: sure, you want it exactly like mine only your model or something else? lol
Just PM me what all you want so we don't totally d-rail this thread.
I work 40++ hrs a week so my sig making time has been cut down to about 3 hours once a week. If what you want isn't too complicated, I could have it for you in a week (2 max). :)

Sugami: I have no clue if their main was banned also, but that would be nice! :twisted:
Assassen Summoner
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I'd suppose the entire account would be banned. If they're feeling extra generous they may investigate other accounts owned by the same credit card and ban those too :twisted: :lol:
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: So I was fishing yesterday and...

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting