After watching this I sold my PS2, 360, and Wii to get a PS3

A place to talk about... anything!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

After watching this I sold my PS2, 360, and Wii to get a PS3

Post by Keavy »

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 4B0089A675

This is without a doubt the best argument I have ever seen for PS3.

Resistance is a ton of fun. Way more fun than Gears of War, Twilight Princess, Halo, PGR3, Dragon Quest VIII, and FFXI combined.

/sarcasm

Yeah, I'm joking. I didn't sell anything and certainly do not have a PS3 even though the EB Games, Wal-Mart, Target, and Gamestop by my house all have plenty in stock. Also, that kid's an idiot. The videos are worth it for a good laugh.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
MittensValefor
Big Cat

Post by MittensValefor »

Doh. Looks like I was too late. "This video has been removed by the user." ;.;

Still this was funny to read:
Playlist: GodOfGta3
Description: An 8 or 9 year old kid (who apparently has Parkinsons) gets his facts wrong, calls people immature, and generally makes a fool out of himself all while eating his own earwax. Good stuff. He has taken his videos down, but they will always remain in the hearts and minds of us all. GODSPEED GODOFGTA3
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
http://www.allpeopleeverywhere.com/
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Poster child for post 9 month abortion.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1280217957

Someone was kind enough to post his PSP vs. DS video on Google.

Also...LOL! He gets pwned by a Brit!
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Wow...just wow...typical self-absorbed brat who's parents have more money than sense. I mean...damn, where did he come up with half of his "facts" there? XD
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Didn't you know? We pwn all :P
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Sadly you all missed out on gems like him calling Nintendo fanboys "42-year-old guys who live in their mom's basements eating dorito's and drinking pepsi" or saying M-H-Z instead of Megahertz or commenting that the backwards compatibility of PS3 is innovative and Wii isn't because some other console whose name he can't remember had motion control or (My favorite) saying that the PS3 is more powerful than a supercomputer.

If there was an internet hall of fame, I would petition for his entry into it.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

I think he already found a place for himself in an internet hall of fame...the one we use for all the other moronic idiots that decide to try and be smart. :lol:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

hehe he likes to play with the PSP's analog stick

/em waits for it... waits for it.... and then gives up.

he completely forgot about PSP's crap for crap battery life, not to mention the UMD failure... i mean hidden feature of boom headshot... and ya, he is definatly too young to be playing $#!+ games like GTA or anything by Rockstar for that matter.

Ya, he is the poster child for abortion... as in the reason to have one.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

For the record Kahvi not everyone's PSP sucks..

I get 8 hours a clip out of my battery and in the entire time I have owned it never had a problem, owned since release day.

My DS, although I loved it I had 3 crap out in a row on me. :(
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Difference is you're the minority with your PSP and DS since most PSPs are poorly put together and most DSs are pretty damn sturdy, the Lite even more so :P

Nevermind, with this kid advertising for Sony I'm sure their sales will pick up :lol:
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Sugami wrote:Difference is you're the minority with your PSP and DS since most PSPs are poorly put together and most DSs are pretty damn sturdy, the Lite even more so :P

Nevermind, with this kid advertising for Sony I'm sure their sales will pick up :lol:
Minority on the DS yes, minority on the PSP no. If the majority of the PSP owners were having problems that severe you would either have a mass recall by Sony or the PSP would just stop selling. As it stands it really is just a very Vocal minority, honestly the PS3 is really the same. No real problems wide spread just a vocal few which is interesting as most of the opponents of it do not even own it. Thing to consider with these things is you have to consider number sold vs number actually broken, not number of people actually complaining. I work in the warranty business and if I made my judgements of consumer electronics off the majority of peoples opinion that called us for warranty fulfullment, Very little of the product out there is worth a darn from that point of view. However if I look at the complete picture, of number of units sold vs number actually broken, the Average for CE product is less then 3%. The PSP just like Ipods, Nintendo DS, or really any major CE device has the same exact fail rate, otherwise there would have been a class action lawsuit against them for it by now.

My company underwrites gamestop as one of the many companies we underwrite and off the top of my head the breakage point for that particular program being exclusively game consoles and handhelds is around the 1% mark. Also the PSP is not poorly put together, it is just as well assembled as the DS/DSlite. It really is a matter of preference, you either like the system and the games it has or do not. So the above statement was factless hating, seriously do not start that mess up.

And yea refer to earlier comments on this kid, But do be careful your angst against Sony is pushing you dangerously close to being the mirror of him just backing a different company.

My preference here is simple, I like both and thus own both.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Factless hating, uh-huh. Well compared to the number of stories I've heard of PSPs randomly breaking compared to all one of DSs randomly breaking I think that's enough facts for me :P
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Once again heresay vs actual facts.

The breakage rate is basically the same on both units.

Now you dislike Sony, that is fine entirely your choice. However please be careful in flinging "Facts" around without any grounding. It makes you sound like a fanboy, I doubt you are as I never really have gotten that impression from you I am just saying what it sounds like.

A Good example, I particularly dislike Maxtor hard drives. I have had a bad experience with them and know more then my share of people who have had the same experience. I will not personally own a Maxtor I stick to WD and Seagate. However it is a personal opinion based only on personal experience, the actual numbers for Failed maxtor hard drives are the same to that of WD and Seagate. So in that token while I personally will not own one, I likewise will not go around telling everyone they are trash just because of my personal opinion, when the actual facts say they are no different then anything else out.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

The whole PSP vs DS thing is a matter of preference.

Personally, I'd take the DS over the PSP. I mean, the Analog stick on it isn't a good choice for me. If they want to put an analog stick in, they better have one for the right side. Because Camera Angle = Everything. It can break a game easily.

Now. The Internet features are nice. I already have a medic center (iPod 30 GB FTW!) And I don't care for widescreen on a small screen. Now, on a 50" Plasma screen, I'll care.

Also, please note that 1080p is an UNRELEASED TECHNOLOGY. It's so new, it was invented 1-2 years ago. Now, when it's released, it'll be about 10k I bet. Like early Plasma screens.

And as for the technology of the games. 32 bit - PS1 and 64 bit - Nintendo 64. And the graphics are PS2 level, or else we'd fucking see FFXII on the PSP. (I'd buy it just for FFXI on the go goodness).

Hnn... Anything else? Oh yes, PS3 is a gimped out Machine right now. You'll be better off with an Xbox 360 (Or even a Wii)

Now, the best time to get a PS3 is when FFXIII comes out. Or rather, a month before. By then, a good amount of games will be available.

But, TBH, SE is slowly moving back to Nintendo. The reason why they moved was because they wanted to have a cheap method of holding the large information in FF7-9. A cartridge that size would be too expensive, and three/four discs would be easier.

And UMDs are a failure. Mostly because they don't have a PC/Television output method. That, and having a SD flash card is alot easier.

Also, if I ever want what the PSP offers, I'll just have a Blackberry, 30 GB iPod, and a Nintendo DS. And I already have half of it. All I need to do is cough up $300 for the upgrade cost. It may be more expensive, but I honestly would like doing that better than getting a PSP, a system that, chances are, I would dislike alot and use less than my DS.

All in all, it's a matter of preference. Although, I'll be dishin gout $600 for FFXIII.
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

PSP and DS hating aside...

I said that the kid "Likes to play with the PSP's analog stick"

bah why do i even try... just forget it...
that was on par with all my DS jokes about "Rub is Love" and "Touching is good"
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Fiye wrote:The whole PSP vs DS thing is a matter of preference.
Yep
Fiye wrote:
Personally, I'd take the DS over the PSP. I mean, the Analog stick on it isn't a good choice for me. If they want to put an analog stick in, they better have one for the right side. Because Camera Angle = Everything. It can break a game easily.

Now. The Internet features are nice. I already have a medic center (iPod 30 GB FTW!) And I don't care for widescreen on a small screen. Now, on a 50" Plasma screen, I'll care.

Also, please note that 1080p is an UNRELEASED TECHNOLOGY. It's so new, it was invented 1-2 years ago. Now, when it's released, it'll be about 10k I bet. Like early Plasma screens.

And as for the technology of the games. 32 bit - PS1 and 64 bit - Nintendo 64. And the graphics are PS2 level, or else we'd fucking see FFXII on the PSP. (I'd buy it just for FFXI on the go goodness).
Chances are I would still play if I could get ffxi on my psp...that would pretty much rock for me.
Fiye wrote:
Hnn... Anything else? Oh yes, PS3 is a gimped out Machine right now. You'll be better off with an Xbox 360 (Or even a Wii)
Umm I own a PS3 and it is anything but gimped. 360 is preference, there are no games for it I like so I do not own one. Wii, LoZ was enough for me to buy it and love it, Though I hope they produce some better games pretty soon, Trauma Center is pretty decent, so is Elebits but those can only hold one so long.
Fiye wrote:
Now, the best time to get a PS3 is when FFXIII comes out. Or rather, a month before. By then, a good amount of games will be available.
Except FFXIII is slated for 2009, and if we all know SE which I imagine all of us here do, it will get pushed back at least a year...*sadface*

However on point, the Best time to buy the PS3 if you did not get one on launch will be around November. March is when the first real wave of 1080i games come out and when the largest shipment of the truly good looking titles for the PS3 hit. From what I am seeing the second wave will be around Nov, so you will want to get it then before the holiday mad rush and you end up staring at empty shelves until january again. Had I not ended up with one on launch day It would not have hurt my feelings to wait until at least march. However now that I have it...well lets just say I have hardly touched my PC for gaming.
Fiye wrote:
But, TBH, SE is slowly moving back to Nintendo. The reason why they moved was because they wanted to have a cheap method of holding the large information in FF7-9. A cartridge that size would be too expensive, and three/four discs would be easier.

And UMDs are a failure. Mostly because they don't have a PC/Television output method. That, and having a SD flash card is alot easier.
Agreed, the UMD concept was rather innane. However Sony has pretty graciously given us a semi solution to that. You can download PSP games to the PS3 and play the on the PSP, I have downloaded one myself and it works pretty decently and sure as heck beats keeping track of those stupid little minidiscs. Right now its not perfect but it has the potential to become really nice.
Fiye wrote:
Also, if I ever want what the PSP offers, I'll just have a Blackberry, 30 GB iPod, and a Nintendo DS. And I already have half of it. All I need to do is cough up $300 for the upgrade cost. It may be more expensive, but I honestly would like doing that better than getting a PSP, a system that, chances are, I would dislike alot and use less than my DS.

All in all, it's a matter of preference. Although, I'll be dishin gout $600 for FFXIII.
I think you may change your mind about the PSP once you own a PS3, may not but I think with all the inter-functionality they are giving it you may reconsider. Same token goes for me on the Xbox360, right now I am not interested but with the promises and potential they are bringing with Vista they may very well change my mind.[/quote]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

So people's actual experiences aren't facts? What are they then? Illusions?

Think the DS "slogan" is/was "Touch me" and quite a few of the old adverts showed someone touching this guy's DS and him having an orgasm :lol:
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Sugami wrote:So people's actual experiences aren't facts? What are they then? Illusions?
No, its whats referred to as hearsay and perception- just because you had a bad experience with Product A doesn't mean that I had the same bad experience with Product A.

Reports of malfunctioning Product As get all the attention but you also have to take into account how many that is against the number currently in circulation and how it compares against similar reports for Products B +C to really get an idea for whats going on.

All of which I'm sure you know already- I swear, you just like stirring Tivia up. /sigh
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:
Sugami wrote:So people's actual experiences aren't facts? What are they then? Illusions?
No, its whats referred to as hearsay and perception- just because you had a bad experience with Product A doesn't mean that I had the same bad experience with Product A.

Reports of malfunctioning Product As get all the attention but you also have to take into account how many that is against the number currently in circulation and how it compares against similar reports for Products B +C to really get an idea for whats going on.

All of which I'm sure you know already- I swear, you just like stirring Tivia up. /sigh
I need say no more.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Although, I can guarantee I'll be pulled into the PS3.

Especially with the next gen of Ratchet and Clank titles. Not to mention anything else that pops up.

But, 2009/10 for FFXIII! Damn!

They'll be taking their sweet time with FF7/FF12 stuff. Not to mention Dragon Quest and anything else they have up their sleeve.

Though, a KH MMO (Or Multiplayer) game sounds like fun.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

In the interim White knight Story looks really good as well.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php? ... 0&type=mov
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

My point was there are more unsatisfied PSP owners than unsatisfied DS owners and I'm pretty sure there are more DS owners than PSP ones too.

And yes I do take some satisfaction in annoying Sony fanboys/girls :P
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami wrote:My point was there are more unsatisfied PSP owners than unsatisfied DS owners and I'm pretty sure there are more DS owners than PSP ones too.

I HATED THE DS! that thing was smegging annoying! 2 screens drove em nuts!
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I doubt I'll ever get a PS3. My Xbox 360 has more than enough games to satisfy me, plus, if Sony keeps doing whatever it is that makes developers run like hell then I'll have everything available to me on 360 anyways :lol:
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Sugami wrote:My point was there are more unsatisfied PSP owners than unsatisfied DS owners and I'm pretty sure there are more DS owners than PSP ones too.

Ok I will bite.

Please provide me the numbers proving the satisfaction percentages of DS owners vs PSP owners. I am sincerely interested in seeing actual factual data backing that statement or of it was just another while speculation pulled out of personal opinion.

Easy enough to pull sales figures for the DS and PSP for actual owners, I would however expect there are more DS owners simply on the cost of the system alone. Also owners like me who own both systems, most PSP owners I know own multiple handheld systems.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Tivia wrote:Please provide me the numbers proving the satisfaction percentages of DS owners vs PSP owners. I am sincerely interested in seeing actual factual data backing that statement or of it was just another while speculation pulled out of personal opinion.
Search for J. D. Powers and Associates. They rate businesses strictly on the basis of customer satisfaction. I believe they rate individual products. I have no idea if they rate video game platforms.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

I am definitly getting a PS3 when I get back from Iraq. Once you install Linux on the HDD you can do anything with it. Also next year when developers finally get a decent grasp on what they can do with Blu-Ray and the massive cell processing power of the PS3 games are going to become unreal.

As for someone remark about having FFXI on your PSP. I think it will be possible. I read a article that you will be able to access stuff running on your ps3 thourgh you psp via the bluetooth hub in ps3. If that works how I think it is you can play on your PSP through your PS3. I dont know if that is going to work though >.>
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/The-Master-Thief.png[/img]
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Right now you can play PSP games and movie trailers and such through your PS3 on your PSP.

Unsure if they will make it so you can play something like FFXI through it...hard to say.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

DS outsells PSP

3.2mil to 1.7mil units but only in Japan but both Sony and Nintendo are Japanese companies so it's a good indicator.
Not sure when that survey was taken.
The PSP's game lineup is a source of major dissatisfaction for Japanese gamers, with just 15.3 percent of them satisfied about the games available for the system. Compare that to nearly 50% of DS owners who are happy with the games available for the DS.
As for "customer satisfaction" I've heard you and Ka-chan complain about DS (and Ka-chan's complain is silly :P) and many more about PSP so as far as I'm concerned that's a win for the DS.

I don't need figures, word of mouth travels and I'm not going to buy something I've heard numerous reports of failure. Though the main thing that stopped me from buying it was the price, as much as an XBox when it was first released over here. Only reason I bought a DS was for Phoenix Wright but I'm very happy with the other games I have on it (besides Worms, that sucks).

More importantly, I like annoying you and you keep throwing fuel onto the fire :P