Nintendo Revolution.........

A place to talk about... anything!
Kailea
Mad Cat

Nintendo Revolution.........

Post by Kailea »

I was reading the Nintendo forums...because I was not really doing much else :p

and I found this thread, stating how the Revolution was overpriced if it was anything over $150 his resoning is that the Revolution is only 2x then the Game Cube, and that all the parts to make it were cheap

........now I was wondering if I was alone here or not in thinking this guy is stupid lol :p
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

He expects it to be $150 or cheaper? :?
Yeah he is stupid, considering the DS Lite is $199 the Revolution will definately be more expensive than that :lol: but it'll still suck :P :lol:
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

You've insulted a Nintendo fanboy!!

Tell me HOW and WHY it will suck, and not just based on things like graphics.
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

well thats the funny thing, he is not saying that the system will suck, he is jsut saying that the system could be made with like $90 (witch is BS) and that its a rip off to be sold at anything ovewr 150 lol

also from what I have seen of Red Steel, the Rev can outdo the 360 and maybe the PS3 with alot less power :p
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Heh so $90 worth of materials, that's what markup is for then :lol:

Like the GameCube and N64 I just don't think it will have a decent library of games that I'll like, and the weirdass controller thing will probably get in the way more than actually be useful and fun.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I see the Revolution selling for no more than $299.

Also, It'll cost ~$500 to build one. Console makers always sell consoles at a loss and make it up by charging $50-60 for the games, charging licensing fees, and charging for development kits.

Most businesses behave in this manner. Why do you think Applebee's charges $6 for a shot of Whiskey that you can get a fifth of for $20 at a liquor store?
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

The revolution will have history's largest library. Remember, it plays the old games?
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Kopopo wrote:The revolution will have history's largest library. Remember, it plays the old games?
So does my Mac. Emulators FTW!
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Nobodyreal
Housecat

Post by Nobodyreal »

Keavy wrote:
Kopopo wrote:The revolution will have history's largest library. Remember, it plays the old games?
So does my Mac. Emulators FTW!
But the VC on the Revolution will actually work. I've never found an emulator that was better than about 85%
[img]http://users.sisna.com/mschild/graphics/ffxisig.jpg[/img]
Kistala
Tomcat

Post by Kistala »

As an aside, it's possible that Nintendo will begin to crack down on emulators now. They are, after all, technically illegal.
"Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Currently: PLD69/WAR34 tank
PLD69/RDM34 soloer
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Emulators are legal, owning ROMs that you don't have the original for isn't :P

Anyone know of that arcade emulator? Like people own the original arcade machines in their living room :lol:
angelstar107
Tomcat

Post by angelstar107 »

Sugami is on a rampage o.o *gives her a catnip ball to play with* Ok folks, I think we get the idea. Here's a tip: It doesn't matter who makes it, chances are it will cost more than it will to make. That's very common, but it's not our place to decide. Unless ya have a marketing major (Which would be your only real excuse to rant about prices of a video game system), you might as well just stop talking about this. It's kind of annoying, if anything.
Mnk 75, Drg 75, Sam 75, Blu 74, War 50, Thf 41, Dnc 58, Nin 37, Whm 42, Rdm 46, Pup 41, Rng 63, Bst 19, Pld 4, Drk 26, Smn 3, Sch 7

[23:41] Starlight: Markov, why are bikini's getting smaller and smaller?
[23:41] MarkovBot: Because you are going to work.

Ninetails Pride! ^.~ Kittens are cool too...
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

angelstar107 wrote:Sugami is on a rampage o.o *gives her a catnip ball to play with* Ok folks, I think we get the idea. Here's a tip: It doesn't matter who makes it, chances are it will cost more than it will to make. That's very common, but it's not our place to decide. Unless ya have a marketing major (Which would be your only real excuse to rant about prices of a video game system), you might as well just stop talking about this. It's kind of annoying, if anything.
Someone asked a question and I answered it. I don't see what is "Annoying" about that.

If you don't like the discussion, don't read it or participate in it. Simple as that.
angelstar107
Tomcat

Post by angelstar107 »

Keavy wrote:
angelstar107 wrote:Sugami is on a rampage o.o *gives her a catnip ball to play with* Ok folks, I think we get the idea. Here's a tip: It doesn't matter who makes it, chances are it will cost more than it will to make. That's very common, but it's not our place to decide. Unless ya have a marketing major (Which would be your only real excuse to rant about prices of a video game system), you might as well just stop talking about this. It's kind of annoying, if anything.
Someone asked a question and I answered it. I don't see what is "Annoying" about that.

If you don't like the discussion, don't read it or participate in it. Simple as that.
Sorry, can't help it. It's fun to take part in meaningless arguments. =3
Mnk 75, Drg 75, Sam 75, Blu 74, War 50, Thf 41, Dnc 58, Nin 37, Whm 42, Rdm 46, Pup 41, Rng 63, Bst 19, Pld 4, Drk 26, Smn 3, Sch 7

[23:41] Starlight: Markov, why are bikini's getting smaller and smaller?
[23:41] MarkovBot: Because you are going to work.

Ninetails Pride! ^.~ Kittens are cool too...
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

angelstar107 wrote:
Keavy wrote:

Sorry, can't help it. It's fun to take part in meaningless arguments. =3
I dont see an argument here..........

Emulators are legal, and roms (unless you have the original game) is iligal....but who follows that rule any way lol, I have about 1000+ games for NES, SNES, Genesis, and SegaCD and it is still growing :p
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

I play the originals. It sounds right, looks right, and plays right.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Why am I on a rampage? :P

Oh I just remembered, you're allowed to own a ROM for a week if you don't have the original then you're meant to delete it :lol: yeah like you said, who does that? :lol:
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

*plays his copy of Lunar for Sega CD* huh wha? delet?.... no way
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

Kopopo wrote:I play the originals. It sounds right, looks right, and plays right.
by the way, NES SNES and Gensis emulkation is about 100% perferect now, and Sega CD N64 and playstation are ...I would say 75-95% perfect :p plus you get to make all of it look even better by rendering it difrently :p

but anyway back to the original topic lol, like said before I would pay 250 even 300 for the revoultion, just because of all the stuff you can do with it ^.^
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Nintendo Revolution.........

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting