A place to talk about... anything!
sakono
Housecat

OBJECTION!

Post by sakono »

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

:lol: that's genius and very well done. I'd be sure to get the game if I had the DS :)

Edit: Also did anyone catch what "Objection!" was in Japanese? To me it sounded like "Igai!" 8)
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

It's 「異議あり!」 (IGIARI!).

As for the game... it's out overseas, just hard to find. I kinda pride myself in having found the game for $30 in mint condition (Might've been new, actually)

My avatar is from the game. It's Mitsurugi Kenji AKA Miles Edgeworth in the US.
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

Looks like a great game... almost makes me wish i didnt pick up Trauma Center instead...
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

JediKitsune wrote:It's 「異議あり!」 (IGIARI!).

As for the game... it's out overseas, just hard to find. I kinda pride myself in having found the game for $30 in mint condition (Might've been new, actually)

My avatar is from the game. It's Mitsurugi Kenji AKA Miles Edgeworth in the US.
I can't see the Japanese text :P Looked it up on Japanese English Dictionary Interface (JEDI) and found "Igi" but "Igiari" isn't there, I dunno I don't suppose that webpage is 100% accurate and "ari" might be one of those particle words ^^;;;

Anyways, does the game have an English title? Are Gameboy & DS games "region encoded"? Could imagine people playing that on a bus or train and randomly shouting "Objection!" :lol:

Edit: Looking at this again the word "objection" has 4 characters which would matchup to "I-gi-a-ri" I guess, but I'm no expert hehe :)
Wilemina
Kitten

Post by Wilemina »

Kahvi wrote:Looks like a great game... almost makes me wish i didnt pick up Trauma Center instead...
I can't wait for trauma centre!! Killing patients in RL is kinda bad so I can't wait for this game. Here comes evil spinal nurse!! :lol:
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Well the bad news is I can't find an English language version of any of these games (understand there's 3 in the series) for the GBA :(
And there is no good news, damn I'd really like a copy of this, maybe I could find on emulator :cry:
angeladark
Tomcat

Post by angeladark »

I just got the game today, it's great! :lol: Sad thing is, the store I got it from said that the game was discontinued.
[img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c97/angeladark/AngelaSig.jpg[/img]
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

There's a team working on translating Gyakuten Saiban 3 for the GBA, they've got the first case fully translated thus far. Translating the games though is a terribly daunting task because they're text heavy to the max. '

As for emulating Yomigaeru Gyakuten/Phoenix Wright, it's not fully emulatable yet from what I've seen, very glitchy.

The DS version is a remake of the first Gyakuten Saiban with one extra case, so you don't really need to hunt that one down.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Well I don't have a DS just a GBA SP. I'm hoping the first game at least is on emulator somewhere (English version) for GBA.

Edit: Bleh all these rom sites suck major ass I give up :x
Double Edit: The DS remake of the first game is getting UK release in 40 days, I need a job and a DS in 40 days! :x a 360 would be nice too :lol:
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

DS = teh roxxorz
but the one game that is causing me headaches the most right now is The Rub Rabbits... major pain in the wrist....
Windurst Rank 10

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

To tell you the truth I never thought much of the touch-screen and dual screen that the DS offers also the game selection (over here) is quite poor and I'm more than happy with my GBA SP (limited edition pokemon ruby) but if I can only get Phoenix Wright on DS then I guess I'll have to get a DS at some point :)
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

You can still play pokemon ruby on the DS as well... Heck, I play Pokemon Emerald on my DS.
Windurst Rank 10

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Yeah but buying a DS to play GBA games is somewhat pointless and I like my SP too much to trade it in :)
angelstar107
Tomcat

Post by angelstar107 »

Sugami wrote:Well I don't have a DS just a GBA SP. I'm hoping the first game at least is on emulator somewhere (English version) for GBA.

Edit: Bleh all these rom sites suck major ass I give up :x
Double Edit: The DS remake of the first game is getting UK release in 40 days, I need a job and a DS in 40 days! :x a 360 would be nice too :lol:
Stay away from the crap box 180 for another 3-4 months, unless you want to be ripped off like most the idiots who went and bought one when it just came out. System defects have no been repaired yet.
Mnk 75, Drg 75, Sam 75, Blu 74, War 50, Thf 41, Dnc 58, Nin 37, Whm 42, Rdm 46, Pup 41, Rng 63, Bst 19, Pld 4, Drk 26, Smn 3, Sch 7

[23:41] Starlight: Markov, why are bikini's getting smaller and smaller?
[23:41] MarkovBot: Because you are going to work.

Ninetails Pride! ^.~ Kittens are cool too...
Blackroses
Tomcat

Post by Blackroses »

WELL im in japan and the game is in english. Its called Phoenix Wright. I have like 10 copies cause a Japaneese freind of mine owns a game store. If you want a free copy PM me and ill send ya one for free. But I ONLY HAVE 10 of em. Anyway the game is great. Its in english so ive never seen it in japaneese. anyways im off to playing it some more :D
*when Pheonixhawk burned in the flames by the hand of the dark warlord Pantsu a new re-incarnation appeared holding a black rose in her hand*

[img]http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/6189/13ls2.jpg[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

angelstar107 wrote:Stay away from the crap box 180 for another 3-4 months, unless you want to be ripped off like most the idiots who went and bought one when it just came out. System defects have no been repaired yet.
Huh? You talking about the 360? I don't have money to buy one of those yet anyways but as soon as I do I'm getting one plus DOA4 :D
Blackroses wrote:WELL im in japan and the game is in english. Its called Phoenix Wright. I have like 10 copies cause a Japaneese freind of mine owns a game store. If you want a free copy PM me and ill send ya one for free. But I ONLY HAVE 10 of em. Anyway the game is great. Its in english so ive never seen it in japaneese. anyways im off to playing it some more :D
Are you serious? :o :shock: heck I'll take a free copy and preorder a DS Lite :D
Blackroses
Tomcat

Post by Blackroses »

Not for the 360. Its for the nintendo DS
*when Pheonixhawk burned in the flames by the hand of the dark warlord Pantsu a new re-incarnation appeared holding a black rose in her hand*

Blackroses
Tomcat

Post by Blackroses »

:D Im glad so many of you want a copy. Ive got one left. Who wants it? Last call before I just return it to his shop. My room is messy enough :P

Blackroses
Tomcat

Post by Blackroses »

also if you look at the site with the clip you will see it say
pheonix wright as the title in the text above the clip.

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Just one thing I need to know, I think I'm right but I need to be certain...

Is the Nintendo DS region coded? Can a UK DS play US and JP games?
All the gameboys aren't region coded so I'm guessing the same is true for the DS but can anyone confirm this?
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: OBJECTION!

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting