Gullibility Quiz

A place to talk about... anything!
Prrsha

Gullibility Quiz

Post by Prrsha »

http://www.newstarget.com/gullibility.html

Free Thinker
Welcome to the top 5%. You're a true free thinker and a person who is well informed about the reality in which you live. Although you may have been easily manipulated earlier in life, you eventually gained lucidity and developed a healthy sense of skepticism that you now automatically apply to your observations and experiences. You are endlessly curious about human behavior and the nature of the universe, and you have one or more lifestyle habits that most people would consider odd or unusual. You are not only of very high intelligence, you are also extremely creative in one or more areas (music, art, software development, inventing, etc.)
If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, completed the combat training, and started fighting (and beating) agents from day one.

Your architects: You have cast off reality distortions taught to you by your parents, schooling, corporate advertising and government propaganda. You create your own beliefs based on what serves you best, without much regard for what the rest of the crowd is doing. You are guided by your own internal code of ethics (which may or may not agree with politically-correct ethical codes) rather than any pre-set system of ethics (such as from any one religion).
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

Not sure how accurate this is since I don't live in the US but....it was great fun anyway! :D

Learner
As a Learner, you're smart enough to know better, yet you're still not fully informed about reality. Around 15% of the population are Learners. You have the critical thinking skills to be a truly free individual, but you haven't exercised them enough yet. From time to time, you're still manipulated by the powers that be, although you frequently learn from those mistakes and refuse to be exploited again. You buy things because they are practical, not because they're cool.

If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, but you would still be in a state of mild disbelief about the nature of reality. You are essentially unplugged, but still untrained. With more knowledge, you could become a true free thinker.

Your architects: You have always been an independent thinker. You rebelled against your parents, schoolteachers and always chose to hang out with smart friends who weren't necessarily that popular to the "in" crowd. Increasingly, you shape your own world by deciding what actions to take based on your own internal drive rather than what society tells you is right.

Action steps: Learn more. Educate yourself through alternative media and cutting-edge books. Read the answers below to get started.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

94 Free Thinker.

Red pill all the way.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Yogsothoth
Kitten

Post by Yogsothoth »

70 close to free thinker =P
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

79 for me. Although I dont agree with some of their explanations. But thats my right :D
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/The-Master-Thief.png[/img]
Kiren
Tomcat

Post by Kiren »

I got a 90 on the test. I am such a free thinker because this test says I am. :roll:
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kiren.png[/img][/url]
Level 31 THF/23 DRG/17 NIN/8 SMN/16 WAR/10 SAM
sakono
Housecat

Post by sakono »

Your GF score is 67.
Learner
As a Learner, you're smart enough to know better, yet you're still not fully informed about reality. Around 15% of the population are Learners. You have the critical thinking skills to be a truly free individual, but you haven't exercised them enough yet. From time to time, you're still manipulated by the powers that be, although you frequently learn from those mistakes and refuse to be exploited again. You buy things because they are practical, not because they're cool.

If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, but you would still be in a state of mild disbelief about the nature of reality. You are essentially unplugged, but still untrained. With more knowledge, you could become a true free thinker.

Your architects: You have always been an independent thinker. You rebelled against your parents, schoolteachers and always chose to hang out with smart friends who weren't necessarily that popular to the "in" crowd. Increasingly, you shape your own world by deciding what actions to take based on your own internal drive rather than what society tells you is right.

Action steps: Learn more. Educate yourself through alternative media and cutting-edge books. Read the answers below to get started.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

:lol:

Oh my gods....

:?: Its real easy to get 85%...just answer everything false.

That sites' "answers" are best read with a grain of salt, as I'm sure everyone has already realized lol.

Sites like that just tend to piss me off... My father has become a bit of a paranoid, skeptical conspiracy-hunting "free-thinker" in his middle age. When he starts in on his rants about the "truth" I immediatly "zone"---preferably to Valkurn Dunes or Hell Jungle, lol. :roll:

/endrant

lol sorry if I ruined anyones fun with that quiz.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Your GF score is 70. :shock:

Do I win anything? >.>

I admit on a couple of them I kinda guessed.
Losfuin
Feral Cat

Post by Losfuin »

ScarlettPheonix wrote::?: Its real easy to get 85%...just answer everything false.
Oh, absolutely. Any first-year psychology student having had a handful of classes on questionnaire design could tell you that this test is pretty damn awful.

Anyways, I got 88%. Which means I'm a kick-ass code-hacking agent-fighting, one-line whipping bad-ass. Either that, or I use my head a bit ^_^
Not sure how accurate this is since I don't live in the US but....it was great fun anyway!
Some of the stuff isn't too disimilar to what goes off in other parts of the world. As a UK resident, most of this stuff still seemed easily relevant.

That said, the stuff on ADHD has gone and pissed me right off. As a psychology graduate who's presently working in a school, I've found there's some kids you just can't get to sit down and shut up, and while drugs may not be the answer, to say that ADHD is entirely ficticious seems like bunk to me. Even if it is caused by poor diet, then I'd still say that diet -> symptoms, which indicates some kind of condition. To argue that it's not a real condition because you only get it through crap diet is a bit like saying you don't get food poisoning from eating rotting meat, only sickness. Dag nabbit.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Oh I agree completely on the ADHD bit...

My brother is borderline ADHD (he's not a "typical" case~ lol) and I remember what he was like before he was diagnosed and after, when he was given treatment for it. Since we were eating the same thing diet had less than 0 to do with his condition.

There are many more "true explanations" that I have to disagree with as well. Especially the American History bit....why we dropped the 2 bombs, what american schools are teaching, how the media works in America, oh I can go on for hours so I'll just stop now. :P

Sorry...I'm a history major and an ex-soldier. I get so pissed when I hear stuff like that :x
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Losfuin wrote: That said, the stuff on ADHD has gone and pissed me right off. As a psychology graduate who's presently working in a school, I've found there's some kids you just can't get to sit down and shut up, and while drugs may not be the answer, to say that ADHD is entirely ficticious seems like bunk to me. Even if it is caused by poor diet, then I'd still say that diet -> symptoms, which indicates some kind of condition. To argue that it's not a real condition because you only get it through crap diet is a bit like saying you don't get food poisoning from eating rotting meat, only sickness. Dag nabbit.
Here in America we feed our grade school kids a diet high in sugars, mostly the extremely fast burning corn surip, and caffiene.

They bounce off the walls.

They are diagnosed with ADHD by the teachers and the school authorites. If any medical profesional is involved, it will be the school nurse, a 2 year RN. She only has the authority to sign or reject. Not to order a medical diagnossis.

They are then put on amphetamines powerful enough to be attractive to adult speed freaks.

ANY drisputive behavior tends to be instantly "diagnosed" as ADHD with the same results. Kid way to bright for our dummed down criculum? HAS to be ADHD, and more amphetamine. Were I in grade school today, I would be forced into that list. (Way to bright? Bored to tears and disruptive behavior? I was sneak reading high school algerbra books in 5th grade.)

So yes, ADHD does indeed exist. Maybe 10% of the kids ruined by what has been called a chemical straight jacket actually have it.
ScarlettPheonix wrote:....the American History bit....why we dropped the 2 bombs, what american schools are teaching, how the media works in America, oh I can go on for hours so I'll just stop now. :P
Sorry...I'm a history major and an ex-soldier. I get so pissed when I hear stuff like that :x
I have a degree in history. Many sources say that the Japanese were ready to surrender before the bombs were dropped. Many say they would fight to the bitter end.

Guess what? They are both right.

The Japanese tried to send peace offers through a "neutral" third country, Russia :roll: . Stalin wouldn't give the Japanese envoy the time of day. He was much more interested in how much land he could snatch from the Japanese. Russia finnaly declared war on Japan after the first A bomb was dropped.

In the meantime, the hard core militarists in Japan WERE drafting plans for defense on the home islands that DID include defending down to the last man, woman, and child.

Oh yes, our nightly firebombing of the highly flamable Japanese cities was killing as many as 80,000 Japanese civilians in a single night. So perhaps the A bombs DID spare many Japanese civilian lives.

History books contain Truth, Lies, Opinions, Distortions, Fabracations, and Political inspired fantasys. You should be being trained to trust no single source. There are History books being used today that say that the US got out of Viet Nam with honor. :roll:

Now as to media, the Republicans have used the phrase "Total reality control" to describe their lock on the allegedly liberal media. Too bad this doesn't include weather control.

Remember this "Liberal media" hounded Clinton into impeachment over lies as to where he put his private parts. Bush's lies about where we have put the lives of over 2,000 americans and well over 100,000 Iraquis and Afganis however, are not even commented uppon. :roll:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

lol I wasn't trying to start an argument or a debate. Like I said I could go on for hours about misconceptions in history, politics and how the media portrays both.

On the ADHD bit, my brother wasn't diagnosed by his school but by both his doctor and the psychologist he was referred too. And like I said...he isn't a typical case. Diet wasn't the cause of my brother's condition though lol. If diet is the true cause of ADHD then I or either of my 3 sisters would have also had it. Are today's kids over medicated and have little control or discipline? Yes.

That site's portrayal of the American History that they addressed are just as much distortions as the history that kids are taught in school. Some schools (like the ones I went too) didn't hide from the past or distort it to make America seem like the most courageous and honorable nation that has ever existed.

My issue is although the site has a good point; everyone should make their own informed descions and then decide for themselves, it presents it in a way that is just as misleading and all too alarmist for my tastes.

From just reading that site a casual reader who accepts whatever s/he is told as credible and true might start to worry that his morning cereal milk will posion him with rocket fuel. Or that a trip to the dentist will give him heavy metal poisoning. :roll:

Losfuin
Feral Cat

Post by Losfuin »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:My issue is although the site has a good point; everyone should make their own informed descions and then decide for themselves, it presents it in a way that is just as misleading and all too alarmist for my tastes.

From just reading that site a casual reader who accepts whatever s/he is told as credible and true might start to worry that his morning cereal milk will posion him with rocket fuel. Or that a trip to the dentist will give him heavy metal poisoning. :roll:
Lol, you hit upon the irony there. "I won't believe the mainstream press anymore! Instead, anarchist news sources shall be my only souce of information, because they have no agenda!" Lols. What I got from the site and it's explanations wasn't "question what you hear", but, "question what you hear in the mainstream". Like the bit
Read, "A People's History of the United States" by Howard Zinn to learn real, uncensored American history.
Real and uncensored says who?

A wee-bit preachy for my tastes. That most of their explanations are self-referencing doesn't help. Neewstarget's quiz says it's true! As evidence, we have a Newstarget souce! Fair enough guys >.>
There's nothing wrong with questioning things... but there's no improvement in rejecting one set of propoganda for another lot.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Losfuin wrote:That said, the stuff on ADHD has gone and pissed me right off. As a psychology graduate who's presently working in a school, I've found there's some kids you just can't get to sit down and shut up, and while drugs may not be the answer, to say that ADHD is entirely ficticious seems like bunk to me. Even if it is caused by poor diet, then I'd still say that diet -> symptoms, which indicates some kind of condition. To argue that it's not a real condition because you only get it through crap diet is a bit like saying you don't get food poisoning from eating rotting meat, only sickness. Dag nabbit.
Agreed.
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

The word "gullible", is not in the dictionary.
Katina
Big Cat

Post by Katina »

:lol: I got a 55 :?:

I think thats good since I'm only 17 and havent had to deal with things like college. :lol: :lol:

SOMEDAY I WILL GET ON YOUR LVL
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/SilverBlade830/katfinal.jpg[/img]
Many things go unsaid every day with those close to us. But the feelings are always there and true.

75whm//75blm//75war ZM/CoP: O
90+3 bonecraft 60 leathercraft/ alchemy
Nekiu
Big Cat

Post by Nekiu »

I got a 100 and I am 18 and havent gone to college :roll:
[img]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5814/mithrafishing2pc.jpg[/img]
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

Free Thinker

Welcome to the top 5%. You're a true free thinker and a person who is well informed about the reality in which you live. Although you may have been easily manipulated earlier in life, you eventually gained lucidity and developed a healthy sense of skepticism that you now automatically apply to your observations and experiences. You are endlessly curious about human behavior and the nature of the universe, and you have one or more lifestyle habits that most people would consider odd or unusual. You are not only of very high intelligence, you are also extremely creative in one or more areas (music, art, software development, inventing, etc.)
If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, completed the combat training, and started fighting (and beating) agents from day one.

Your architects: You have cast off reality distortions taught to you by your parents, schooling, corporate advertising and government propaganda. You create your own beliefs based on what serves you best, without much regard for what the rest of the crowd is doing. You are guided by your own internal code of ethics (which may or may not agree with politically-correct ethical codes) rather than any pre-set system of ethics (such as from any one religion).
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Terajima
Kitten

Post by Terajima »

"Your GF score is 88. "
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Gullibility Quiz

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Gullibility Quiz

Post by xaresity »

http://audiobookkeeper.ruhttp://cottagenet.ruhttp://eyesvision.ruhttp://eyesvisions.comhttp://factoringfee.ruhttp://filmzones.ruhttp://gadwall.ruhttp://gaffertape.ruhttp://gageboard.ruhttp://gagrule.ruhttp://gallduct.ruhttp://galvanometric.ruhttp://gangforeman.ruhttp://gangwayplatform.ruhttp://garbagechute.ruhttp://gardeningleave.ruhttp://gascautery.ruhttp://gashbucket.ruhttp://gasreturn.ruhttp://gatedsweep.ruhttp://gaugemodel.ruhttp://gaussianfilter.ruhttp://gearpitchdiameter.ru
http://geartreating.ruhttp://generalizedanalysis.ruhttp://generalprovisions.ruhttp://geophysicalprobe.ruhttp://geriatricnurse.ruhttp://getintoaflap.ruhttp://getthebounce.ruhttp://habeascorpus.ruhttp://habituate.ruhttp://hackedbolt.ruhttp://hackworker.ruhttp://hadronicannihilation.ruhttp://haemagglutinin.ruhttp://hailsquall.ruhttp://hairysphere.ruhttp://halforderfringe.ruhttp://halfsiblings.ruhttp://hallofresidence.ruhttp://haltstate.ruhttp://handcoding.ruhttp://handportedhead.ruhttp://handradar.ruhttp://handsfreetelephone.ru
http://hangonpart.ruhttp://haphazardwinding.ruhttp://hardalloyteeth.ruhttp://hardasiron.ruhttp://hardenedconcrete.ruhttp://harmonicinteraction.ruhttp://hartlaubgoose.ruhttp://hatchholddown.ruhttp://haveafinetime.ruhttp://hazardousatmosphere.ruhttp://headregulator.ruhttp://heartofgold.ruhttp://heatageingresistance.ruhttp://heatinggas.ruhttp://heavydutymetalcutting.ruhttp://jacketedwall.ruhttp://japanesecedar.ruhttp://jibtypecrane.ruhttp://jobabandonment.ruhttp://jobstress.ruhttp://jogformation.ruhttp://jointcapsule.ruhttp://jointsealingmaterial.ru
http://journallubricator.ruhttp://juicecatcher.ruhttp://junctionofchannels.ruhttp://justiciablehomicide.ruhttp://juxtapositiontwin.ruhttp://kaposidisease.ruhttp://keepagoodoffing.ruhttp://keepsmthinhand.ruhttp://kentishglory.ruhttp://kerbweight.ruhttp://kerrrotation.ruhttp://keymanassurance.ruhttp://keyserum.ruhttp://kickplate.ruhttp://killthefattedcalf.ruhttp://kilowattsecond.ruhttp://kingweakfish.ruhttp://kinozones.ruhttp://kleinbottle.ruhttp://kneejoint.ruhttp://knifesethouse.ruhttp://knockonatom.ruhttp://knowledgestate.ru
http://kondoferromagnet.ruhttp://labeledgraph.ruhttp://laborracket.ruhttp://labourearnings.ruhttp://labourleasing.ruhttp://laburnumtree.ruhttp://lacingcourse.ruhttp://lacrimalpoint.ruhttp://lactogenicfactor.ruhttp://lacunarycoefficient.ruhttp://ladletreatediron.ruhttp://laggingload.ruhttp://laissezaller.ruhttp://lambdatransition.ruhttp://laminatedmaterial.ruhttp://lammasshoot.ruhttp://lamphouse.ruhttp://lancecorporal.ruhttp://lancingdie.ruhttp://landingdoor.ruhttp://landmarksensor.ruhttp://landreform.ruhttp://landuseratio.ru
http://languagelaboratory.ruhttp://largeheart.ruhttp://lasercalibration.ruhttp://laserlens.ruhttp://laserpulse.ruhttp://laterevent.ruhttp://latrinesergeant.ruhttp://layabout.ruhttp://leadcoating.ruhttp://leadingfirm.ruhttp://learningcurve.ruhttp://leaveword.ruhttp://machinesensible.ruhttp://magneticequator.ruhttp://magnetotelluricfield.ruhttp://mailinghouse.ruhttp://majorconcern.ruhttp://mammasdarling.ruhttp://managerialstaff.ruhttp://manipulatinghand.ruhttp://manualchoke.ruhttp://medinfobooks.ruhttp://mp3lists.ru
http://nameresolution.ruhttp://naphtheneseries.ruhttp://narrowmouthed.ruhttp://nationalcensus.ruhttp://naturalfunctor.ruhttp://navelseed.ruhttp://neatplaster.ruhttp://necroticcaries.ruhttp://negativefibration.ruhttp://neighbouringrights.ruhttp://objectmodule.ruhttp://observationballoon.ruhttp://obstructivepatent.ruhttp://oceanmining.ruhttp://octupolephonon.ruhttp://offlinesystem.ruhttp://offsetholder.ruhttp://olibanumresinoid.ruhttp://onesticket.ruhttp://packedspheres.ruhttp://pagingterminal.ruhttp://palatinebones.ruhttp://palmberry.ru
http://papercoating.ruhttp://paraconvexgroup.ruhttp://parasolmonoplane.ruhttp://parkingbrake.ruhttp://partfamily.ruhttp://partialmajorant.ruhttp://quadrupleworm.ruhttp://qualitybooster.ruhttp://quasimoney.ruhttp://quenchedspark.ruhttp://quodrecuperet.ruhttp://rabbetledge.ruhttp://radialchaser.ruhttp://radiationestimator.ruhttp://railwaybridge.ruhttp://randomcoloration.ruhttp://rapidgrowth.ruhttp://rattlesnakemaster.ruhttp://reachthroughregion.ruhttp://readingmagnifier.ruhttp://rearchain.ruhttp://recessioncone.ruhttp://recordedassignment.ru
http://rectifiersubstation.ruhttp://redemptionvalue.ruhttp://reducingflange.ruhttp://referenceantigen.ruhttp://regeneratedprotein.ruhttp://reinvestmentplan.ruhttp://safedrilling.ruhttp://sagprofile.ruhttp://salestypelease.ruhttp://samplinginterval.ruhttp://satellitehydrology.ruhttp://scarcecommodity.ruhttp://scrapermat.ruhttp://screwingunit.ruhttp://seawaterpump.ruhttp://secondaryblock.ruhttp://secularclergy.ruhttp://seismicefficiency.ruhttp://selectivediffuser.ruhttp://semiasphalticflux.ruhttp://semifinishmachining.ruhttp://spicetrade.ruhttp://spysale.ru
http://stungun.ruhttp://tacticaldiameter.ruhttp://tailstockcenter.ruhttp://tamecurve.ruhttp://tapecorrection.ruhttp://tappingchuck.ruhttp://taskreasoning.ruhttp://technicalgrade.ruhttp://telangiectaticlipoma.ruhttp://telescopicdamper.ruhttp://temperateclimate.ruhttp://temperedmeasure.ruhttp://tenementbuilding.rutuchkashttp://ultramaficrock.ruhttp://ultraviolettesting.ru