Elemental Fantasy Saga: Dragouna Poll 2

A place to talk about... anything!

How do you want magic (not skills) aquired?

Buy spells (FF1)
10%
Learn them buy level (FFIV)
40%
Buy Spell Crystals and learn spells (FFVI) (Materia)
50%

Total votes: 20

Kailea
Mad Cat

Elemental Fantasy Saga: Dragouna Poll 2

Post by Kailea »

I randomly got in the mood to work on my RPG again.....

I use RPG Maker XP and make custome scripts to make most of it

First I am basicly just going to start over, my old project was lost a while back and I cant find my backup -.-

I need help this time around, I would like MP to help me come up with some things ^.^ but remember I cant place everything in it ^.^

I will have one poll a day

1st Poll Battle system Finished Side View wins
2nd Poll Magic system
3rd Poll Charaters
4th Poll party system
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Buy them but... have them restricted to level as well. They also could be found in monster drops as well. I guess sort of like the system FFXI has would be nice. :)

Also as an added bonus (something that I wish FFXI had) you could use the scroll in battle to cast the spell if you have 0 MP. Once used, the scroll would be gone however.
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

I liked the Materia in FF7, although I must say the magic system of FF8 was also very interesting and funcional (i.e. you draw magic from enemies).
Kiren
Tomcat

Post by Kiren »

You could just make one big thread dedicated to your RPG. Then we wouldn't have 5-6 threads on it in the near future.
I like the idea of buying it, but the FF8 magic system was great. It might make he game more interesting if you use the FF8 system.
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kiren.png[/img][/url]
Level 31 THF/23 DRG/17 NIN/8 SMN/16 WAR/10 SAM
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

by level, but for summoning I want you to actually EARN THEM those summoning materia pissed me the *recrord scratch* off!
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

Prrsha wrote:Buy them but... have them restricted to level as well. They also could be found in monster drops as well. I guess sort of like the system FFXI has would be nice. :)

Also as an added bonus (something that I wish FFXI had) you could use the scroll in battle to cast the spell if you have 0 MP. Once used, the scroll would be gone however.
i like this idea, (reminds me alot of DnD) however if you remember, even that had a cost in doing so (in the form of Xp lost to make the scroll), because this is a powerful ability, it would be wise to have a downside. such as using the scroll instead of the spell but having a HP cost or even an Xp cost to use it.

other options include using the esper system out of ffVi... i didnt like the gameplay of FFVI much, but i do have to agree that its magic system was very good, and probably would be easier than implementing an FFVII magic or FFVIII magic system... that would requrie alot of work to do both of those. Oh!, and dont even think about FFX type system!, thats just a no ><;
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

D&D uses the Spell Limit system, first used in Jack Vance's "The Dying Earth". No Magic Points, no Mana. Spells so powerful that they were gone from memory when used. Just a certan limited number of spells each day, but you could memorize multiples of one spell if you so desired.

This is a great way to get people to think in advance and to put limits on mages who would otherwise be way overpowered. Conversly, it lets Magic users have MUCH more powerful spells early on.

The Spell Limit system is what brought about the sacrifical use of Scrolls. More spells, but at great cost.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

I love the D&D think...but I am trying to stick with FFish stuff, and I cant program that well yet :p
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

So can I get a copy of this game when your done making it? :oops:
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

Neoshinobi wrote:So can I get a copy of this game when your done making it? :oops:
when it is done, I want to find a web server that can host it, and anyone that wants to can download and enjoy it ^.^
Kiren
Tomcat

Post by Kiren »

I could host it on my server.
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kiren.png[/img][/url]
Level 31 THF/23 DRG/17 NIN/8 SMN/16 WAR/10 SAM
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

Prrsha wrote: Also as an added bonus (something that I wish FFXI had) you could use the scroll in battle to cast the spell if you have 0 MP. Once used, the scroll would be gone however.
thats like from FF2... i liked that one.

but then again they had usage based spell strenghts also. the more you used a spell or weapon, the stronger it got... ah well cant have everything
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

ok well looks like the "Materia" system wins this poll, time to get to work, I dont need the other two polls, I have already decided how they would work already :p

You wont hear anymore from me on this matter, unless I need mroe help....or I get a small demo going ^.^
Kistala
Tomcat

Post by Kistala »

Please, keep us updated on progress... an' maybe an ETA once one becomes cohesive....
"Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Currently: PLD69/WAR34 tank
PLD69/RDM34 soloer
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

ok, I will try :p, maybe even some pics...if I can figure out how to take them in that prgram...forsome reason fraps does not want to work, and Printscreen wont as well -.-
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

....OK, first of all Materia was from 7, NOT 6 (you probably didnt relize you put roman numeral 6 and not 7).

and FF1 DID have limited spells per "day". You peoples make me feel so old :x

people kinda discribed it already, but i like the Esper system.
sakono
Housecat

Post by sakono »

i liked the ffvii version with materia personaly
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

Tinacat wrote:....OK, first of all Materia was from 7, NOT 6 (you probably didnt relize you put roman numeral 6 and not 7).

and FF1 DID have limited spells per "day". You peoples make me feel so old :x

people kinda discribed it already, but i like the Esper system.
oh crud...I did put 6 not 7 -.- doh I feel stupid lol, oh well you people got the point anyway. but the esper ssystem......sadly is beyond my programing skill as well, I only know enuff of ruby to take scripts others have made already and give to the public, and adapt them to my RPG :p

the only thing original you will see from me, is the story and the events in the game ^.^
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Elemental Fantasy Saga: Dragouna Poll 2

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Elemental Fantasy Saga: Dragouna Poll 2

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо