The graphically best anime I have ever seen...

A place to talk about... anything!
Fayin
Feral Cat

Post by Fayin »

Saw a preview for that when I went to see House of Flying Daggers. At the end of the preview I was stoked... until it was mentioned that it was only showing at select cities (ie: NY and LA). This translated to me as "If you don't live in a major metropolitan area, your money isn't good enough." Fuckers. :x

Yay for bittorrent. ^^b
[b]-Fayin-[/b]
46WHM   43BLM   48THF   21WAR
59+1 Cooking   58+1 Woodworking   25 Fishing

[b]-Entourage-[/b]
Name                     Lv     GB   MHE Aketon  Warp
Fayinsjeunomule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinssandymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinswindymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinsbastymule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]

[size=75]"omg Ebay..."[/size]
Aesha Clan-Clan
Big Cat

Post by Aesha Clan-Clan »

bah, who cares, just go buy it or DL a copy off the net, thats what ill do, i know it kinda bites not being able to see it on the big screen, but at least you can still watch it. by the way, it does look amazing, and if you havent seen Appleseed yet, go watch it, its another amazing anime movie, done entirely in CG
A catgirl is a woman or girl with cat ears and a cat tail, but an otherwise human body; they are found semi-commonly in anime and manga either as a form of cosplay or actual body parts, as well as in a few videogames. Catgirls wishing to look especially cute will wear over-sized mittens and shoes that look like paws. Fans unfamilar with the Japanese obsession with kawaii sometimes point out catgirls act more like kittens than grown cats, who can be aloof and surly.
sakono
Housecat

Post by sakono »

just watched the preveiw and i must say. the way they used cgi and anime style is very nice from what i saw in the preveiw. can't wait tell it comes out :D
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Graphically best? You haven't seen Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence, have you?
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Nope. :)
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

Ah, 'Wonderful Days' and dubbed :stare: ...anyway it has very nice animation indeed although not as good as GitS 2. I watched it last summer in a movie theater but I must say the story was somewhat a disappointment.
Naru Fugihara
Big Cat

Post by Naru Fugihara »

I love anime, but I can't get the video to play on my computer :( . It keeps freezing when it loads.

proof of my love for anime I have a 6 foot tall book shelf split into 5 shelves. Two of the shelves are filled with manga and another shelf is filled with anime DVDs 8) . My collection is still growing.
"Mithras make every job look sexy"

Name:Narufugihara
Job lvls: 18 WAR, 28 MNK, 37 WHM, 20 BLM, 6 BRD, 8 SMN, 25 DRG (Lumiere: [i]Light[/i]), 12 NIN, 7 THF

Crafts: GS-3, FISH-12, COOK-7, CC-1, WW-3
Swimsuit: Top +1 [X] Bottom +1 [X]

Mules: Narunarusagawa (all my mules are gonna start with Naru >^_^<)

NPC Friend: Yoli Kohlpaka

Jobs I plan to take to AF lvl: WHM, DRG
Lixue
Kitten

Post by Lixue »

I must be old fashioned because I still love Akira deeply. For being made when it was it still outshines many of todays anime.

That preview seems interesting, I may have to post an article I have in a NewType about the making of SkyBlue, it was pretty fascinating.
Katsuki<3

Lixue: Midgardsormr
Leader of MithrasGoneWild
Naru Fugihara
Big Cat

Post by Naru Fugihara »

You're right about Akira, it was one of THE anime that set the standard for today's anime.

I've seen it once and it was very good. I need to get it on DVD sometime.
"Mithras make every job look sexy"

Name:Narufugihara
Job lvls: 18 WAR, 28 MNK, 37 WHM, 20 BLM, 6 BRD, 8 SMN, 25 DRG (Lumiere: [i]Light[/i]), 12 NIN, 7 THF

Crafts: GS-3, FISH-12, COOK-7, CC-1, WW-3
Swimsuit: Top +1 [X] Bottom +1 [X]

Mules: Narunarusagawa (all my mules are gonna start with Naru >^_^<)

NPC Friend: Yoli Kohlpaka

Jobs I plan to take to AF lvl: WHM, DRG
sakono
Housecat

Post by sakono »

if you get akira make sure you get the olde version..... they rereleased akira on dvd speacil but they re did the dubbing and it sucks compared to the original cause they changed the script on the new version
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

i think the rerelease also had something like "Capsule Comments" where if you see a pill on the screen it can show you some stuff... like what is writen on the door to the bar where Kaneda's gang hangs out and stuff.

Besides, never listen do dubbed.. i prefer japanese language/engrish subtitles myself.

I also liked this one little known 2 ep series called Assemble Insert, which is a short spoof of the whole "Its always the highschool girl thats the heroine" kind of action stuff... it even has its own mock commertial brake for its sponsor Supotivan-C
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: The graphically best anime I have ever seen...

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »