Linkshells Linkshells

A place to talk about... anything!
Ephi
Housecat

Linkshells Linkshells

Post by Ephi »

I'M BACK <call5> :lol:
i finally got a 2nd job over lvl 10... 17DRG :D
i now have 5 LSs... i may as well get 2 more and have 1 for evry day of the week...
if i were to do that id put MP on Saturday...
i think ive got too many LSs...
wadda u think?

EDIT btw my Jump macro phrase will be recognized by Homestar Runner fans who have seen SB Email "Stunt Double"

/s Looks like I'm gonna have to ju~ump...
I like jellyfish
Gimme a jellyfish
mmmm mercury :P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/Ephisig2.png[/img]
<(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>
KIRBY DANCE!!!
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Why go to another LS when you have a MP shell? :)
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

What you saide made me think of something...

NA Bragging: Look at how many jobs I have over 30!
JP Bragging: Look at how many jobs I have at 75!

And as a fellow Drg, I wish you good luck. Stick with it to 25, and the class shall rock.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

Eviticus wrote:What you saide made me think of something...

NA Bragging: Look at how many jobs I have over 30!
JP Bragging: Look at how many jobs I have at 75!
/sigh.... so true
[color=indigo]New sig comin'. But in the meantime...[/color]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/baofowfwoosh.gif[/img]
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

depends on the NA and the JP...

your right about NA bragging part (hell i do it myself ;p)

but well umm

some NA's are becoming like JP's, with multiple lvl 75 jobs
(know one girl who currently has 3 lvl 75 jobs and is working on her fourth ><)
Rakshasa
Tomcat

Post by Rakshasa »

You also have to take into concideration that the Japanese players have had more time to get their jobs to level 75.

One of the main issues I always hear is that the japanese players are better than others and gain EXP faster. From all my time on Vana'diel, I can tell you that there is no difference in skill. It's just that, on a whole, I believe Japanese players to be better disciplined and better team players. Their egos don't get in the way, eliminating one major level barrier.

I brag about how nice, fair and understanding I am. No one said I was humble.
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/Furbewok/SigTemp.jpg[/img]

You can't stop the Rak. ^^
-Rakshasa
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

Heh... who cares? So what if you have level 75 jobs? I don't care about that, honestly. Most people seem to use it as a way to make other players feel like crap or taunt them about what they can do and the lesser player cannot. The ego is unmeasurable, and really quite annoying. Seems like the only things higher level players are good at are bragging and sitting down. That's all I ever really see a majority of them doing. If you ask for their help, you have to pay through the nose or actually know them before they'll agree most times. They're too afraid to get up out of their bragging spot in Jeuno that they've been sitting at for multiple hours because they think they'd miss an invite. Not saying it's not difficult to get a party at higher levels, or that they're required to help lower level players, but just that the sense of "me" is almost suffocating in this game.

Sometimes I'll see a player wearing gear I know is a high level, especially if I want to be wearing it when I advance to that level, and I'll be awestruck. Then they open their mouths and show how cocky and self-centered they are, and you wish less to be like them and more that you never met them. Of course, there are those who surprise you and are welcoming to questions and praise from lowbies, but I just wish those people were the majority. :?
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Josiejo wrote:Heh... who cares? So what if you have level 75 jobs? I don't care about that, honestly. Most people seem to use it as a way to make other players feel like crap or taunt them about what they can do and the lesser player cannot. The ego is unmeasurable, and really quite annoying. Seems like the only things higher level players are good at are bragging and sitting down. That's all I ever really see a majority of them doing. If you ask for their help, you have to pay through the nose or actually know them before they'll agree most times. They're too afraid to get up out of their bragging spot in Jeuno that they've been sitting at for multiple hours because they think they'd miss an invite. Not saying it's not difficult to get a party at higher levels, or that they're required to help lower level players, but just that the sense of "me" is almost suffocating in this game.

Sometimes I'll see a player wearing gear I know is a high level, especially if I want to be wearing it when I advance to that level, and I'll be awestruck. Then they open their mouths and show how cocky and self-centered they are, and you wish less to be like them and more that you never met them. Of course, there are those who surprise you and are welcoming to questions and praise from lowbies, but I just wish those people were the majority. :?
Amen Josie! Amen!!

Yeah it's true that a lot of 75's are up in the clouds and forget that they to were newbies once. Simple sollution: /blist add snobbish highlvl.
Luckily there are a few that keep helping lower people and are always ready to help the needy.
It's just a few, but from them you know that they are good folk.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Lunaleska
Kitten

Post by Lunaleska »

:?: not everybody have lv 75 job brags /sigh.

But I do hate it when some n00b NA(Europ) brings out their highest job while in pt. I really do. Once there is a lv 17 PLD, he only voke once, and he never self cure. the only time he cure is when his HP goes to red. and at lv 17, he didn't buy cure II. (pld cure II is lv 17).

He can't keep hate at all, and since he only self cure when his HP is red, the pt whm at that time (me, lol) decide not to cure him till his MP is low. or I (the whm) would end up tanking most of the battle >.<

I told him he should voke every 30 seconds and self cure to keep hate. And he said:

I know what I am doing, I know how to tank, my war is lv 46. you n00bs just shut the fxxx up.

I don't know what to say, and I don't even want to bother to tell him that my rng is lv 75..... I /t the pt leader to pass me the leader, and after thf pulled mob back, and he do the one and only voke..... I kick him out of pt. Since he is so good, he know what he is doing... I think he can solo that gob leecher alone.

From my own personal experience, having lv 75 jobs doesn't mean they know what they are doing. in my other LS (japanese), most people have 2 lv 75 jobs, some even have 3 or 4. And I've see some people still play like a n00b.

Personally, I feel, if you are playing lv 17 rdm, you are lv 17 rdm, having another job or 2 doesn't change the fact that you are lv 17 rdm. you might see more high level rdms in pt and see how they play. But doesn't make you an rdm expert.

We are all once new to this game, new does not = n00b, I've seen a lot lv 75 n00bs (truest me, there are a lot out there)
=^.^=
Now Playing: Sam
Rng75 Mnk75 Thf75 Sam71 Rdm66 Nin64 Blm50 War50 Whm42 Drk40 Smn31 Pld22 Brd18 Bst13 Drg22

Rank 10 Windy
Z14
CoP complete!
Ephi
Housecat

Post by Ephi »

OMG SO TRUE

there is this {Bio}tch that i just HATE...
he called me a n00b just cuz me an RyRy were havin fun playin the game... we duo'd a Gob Smithy altho i knew we were destined to fail...
well i called him a n00b just cuz he obviously cant understand that if ur gonna do somethin u may as well have fun doin it...
he said (insert snotty preppy girl voice) "i cant be a n00b ive got 3 lvl50+ jobs and im rank 5"...
aaaAAAUUUGHHH
then l8r i found out he had a MNK be main tank in that pt he was in when we died beside them...
i wanna do to him what Cartman did to Scott Tenorman :twisted:

if u really wanna no who this is ill tell in another post... ther is NO WAY im gonna forget it :x
I like jellyfish
Gimme a jellyfish
<(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>
KIRBY DANCE!!!
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

sometimes the reason some of us are low level is because we spend more time helping others than leveling ourselves...

at least that tends to be a case with me... >.>
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

To some of us leveling is not that important.

I got on in the first week of the NA release, it took me a year to get to level 37, then I restarted. Took me 5 months to get to 45.

Surrre I have other characters and the time spent there slows me down somewhat. Mithra SAM 33, Elvaan PLD 28, Hume THF 19. They were not restarted. Sometimes I go weeks without leveling anyone.

I enjoy exploring, crafting (for profit, not powerleveling a craft), fishing, hunting, and testing myself against Ts and the occasional VT. I sometimes take a day for archery practice. I suppose part of it is my RPing. I am here to live a life (or four of them), not to play a game.

As to the Japanese, the parties that amaze me all seem to have two thing in common. The people involved all have at least one level 60+ job and there is a core group that parties together a lot. Some of these parties are Japanese, some NA. THE most amazing party, the other 5 were all a regular group. They picked me up at level 16 BLM (first time around) for a Korokola Tunnel worm hunt. Four levels in an evening. It was not a long evening. Oh yes, they were all NA. Learned a LOT.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Azureskye
Tomcat

Post by Azureskye »

Jeeze... People are so snobby. I'm low level because I job hop. I like experiancing other jobs. Is that so wrong :cry: :cry: :cry:
[url=http://www.freeimagehosting.info][img]http://www.freeimagehosting.info/uploads/2bd0a2e2ac.gif[/img][/url]

57 WHM; 32 BLM; 30 MNK; 20 SMN; 15 WAR; 11 BRD; 07 RDM; 03 DRG
Windurst Rank: 5; Cooking Rank: Journeyman
Genkai: 1(X) 2(X) 3 ( ) 4 ( ) 5 ( )
AF: Weapon (X) Feet (X) Head (X) Legs (X) Body ( ) Hands ( )
Rakshasa
Tomcat

Post by Rakshasa »

Looks like I started a bash-the-high-level-fest. Yes, there are a bunch of stuck up high levels out there, but I only run into them in parties since it's inevitable. All high levels I run into for a raise or some quest help end up being really nice. It's not like they demand payment for their services. If such high-levels aren't there, I have my ways of finding them. ^^ That's how I got my paper for limit 1, that's how I got my life saved in Castle Oztroja for rank 5, that's how I'm going to get my AF. Many people are helpful which makes it easier to ignore those who aren't.

Those who help when someone really needs it are never forgotten. It's a social game and friends are everything. People seem to forget that fact.
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/Furbewok/SigTemp.jpg[/img]

You can't stop the Rak. ^^
-Rakshasa
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

By mentioning the NA/JP bragging thing, I did not mean to start this big long debate thingy. It was just an amusing little comparison I thought to myself. I generally see alot worse NA players as compared with JP, merely because I do not often play with JP. I would love to remedy that, if only because it would grant me a different viewpoint on the game.

A couple things I've noticed, is that it took me a week to get from 30 to 38, and now I've been at 38 for the better part of 2 weeks. I have not been slacking, but rather I have been helping friends. I got 2 of my best rl friends interested in this game. Recently they have gotten their's SJ quest done and are taking their second classes into the dunes. So at the same time I've been leveling up my sub jobs along side of them. I could easily be to lvl 50 by now....but while I would love dearly to be chasing after Drg AF, there are many ways to have fun in this game.

And as for an example of people who have high levels not knowing what they were doing, I found a taru whm in Yuhtunga who did not know what Divine Seal did. His excuse, whm was not his main. He was rank 5....

Oh, and Lunaleska? I agree with you entirely. ^.^ I'm so glad we got you to join us.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

Sugarpie
Big Cat

Post by Sugarpie »

Yeah <.< i have 58mnk 48 thf and 41 war <.< i am high...ish lvl and all but i help people...just ask anyone on Phoenix <.< half the day i sit there doing nothing and if i am not sitting there i am helping Prrsha or others with stuff that is boring...but fun because they are their

I spent about 1 week on 55-58 because i wanted to use my AF Chest :O

But yeah about the JPN and ENG party thing....a party is only good if the people you party with know what they are doing, their race IRL has nothing to do it
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/Tanvarin/sugar-sig.png[/img]
Ephi
Housecat

Post by Ephi »

well... 4 day weekend now... meaning 4 more days away from the Pride :(
ill see u kitties in 4 days (or would it be 5)
I like jellyfish
Gimme a jellyfish
<(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>
KIRBY DANCE!!!
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Well since were on the bashing topic...

I fucking hate JP/NA/EU only people! Using the fucking {auto-translate}.

Also to mention when people say JP only and then respond in fucking English!

Grrr, this is what I hate about playing into the wee hours. :x :evil: :x
Ephi
Housecat

Post by Ephi »

ok ivent left yet but what do u mean using auto trnslate... basically saying JP/EU/NA when u cant speak the language is showing ur so desparate for a pt u dont CARE who invites u... ur sayin "please invite me i cant speak jp but i can still benefit off the exp" but as for understandin the other ppl...
o well im really goin now... c ya l8r :( :)
I like jellyfish
Gimme a jellyfish
<(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>
KIRBY DANCE!!!
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Ephi wrote:ok ivent left yet but what do u mean using auto trnslate... basically saying JP/EU/NA when u cant speak the language is showing ur so desparate for a pt u dont CARE who invites u... ur sayin "please invite me i cant speak jp but i can still benefit off the exp" but as for understandin the other ppl...
You don't need to know the language to funcion correctly in a party...Some of my best parties have been bilingual.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Neoshinobi wrote:
Ephi wrote:ok ivent left yet but what do u mean using auto trnslate... basically saying JP/EU/NA when u cant speak the language is showing ur so desparate for a pt u dont CARE who invites u... ur sayin "please invite me i cant speak jp but i can still benefit off the exp" but as for understandin the other ppl...
You don't need to know the language to funcion correctly in a party...Some of my best parties have been bilingual.
Its the monolingual ones that bother me a bit. There they are, chattering away in Japanese. There I am wondering what they are saying about me. I never know if they think I am doing my job well, or just barely enough to be tolerated.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

viewtopic.php?t=1885

Check it, yo. Bi/tri lingual parties can be pretty fun. And if you are not playing for fun, why play?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aony
Housecat

Post by Aony »

This is all true here and i've got my own experiences with all aspects of this conversation.

I've had high lvl snobs going around laughing at me for my low level, because I'm one of the ones that likes to craft, sightsee, explore vana'diel, and help people out that inevitably are higher lvl than me a few weeks later.

I've had the people who are such idiots and they claim they can do no wrong because they have other high level jobs that are bigger n00bs than people a week into the game, mainly because they have small flaws, they make no effort to correct them, and flip off anyone who tries to help.

I've had high level people who are the kindest you'll ever see. Like just this week I needed help with my samurai quest. My friend Alexiell :wink: came and brought her friend who was lvl 75 whm and blm, and she never even said anything about it until i asked, as I was curious thinking that just 5 minutes earlier when we got ot jeuno she was wearing whm AF and now she was in blm AF. She never complained about this low level stuff, never bragged, and when we got to the sanctuary of..something..to fight the Guardian Trient, and I didnt know I needed to bring a hatchet, she never laughed at me or called me stupid, she just went back and got me one, and never asked for anything in return when I tried to pay her back.

I've had french and spanish and japanese people who didnt speak a word of my language that were better than any American I've run into in a party, we could only speak through auto-translate but we played and we had fun.

So all of this is true in its own respect. Everyone should remember that even though there are some people that are cruel, ruthless, and mocking, there is always another same level, same race, age, everything, that will help anyone who needs it. And keep in mind that everyone makes mistakes, and nobody really deserves to be picked on about how well they play, or else you'll become the exact people we come to loath. And there's nothing wrong with being low level, I got the game about 10 months ago, my highest job is 32, and it doesnt bother me at all. I dont mean to sound like a preacher, but it's all true and we have to remember: there's good people and bad people, they're everywhere you go, and they're spread out in every way, so you cant label all the high levels as snobs, or the low levels as noobs, or anyone anything.
[url=http://www.imageshack.us][img]http://img100.echo.cx/img100/6779/sigaony7am.gif[/img][/url]

thf: 70 drg: 50 nin: 36 smn: 30 whm: 33 blm: 21 war: 25 drk: 13 sam: 10 brd: 9 mnk: 10 pld: 10 Blu: 8 cor: 11 pup: 5

All Thief AF obtained! :thumb:

http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheresyourgod1sh.jpg
Aony
Housecat

Post by Aony »

By the way, what was this topic originally about?
[url=http://www.imageshack.us][img]http://img100.echo.cx/img100/6779/sigaony7am.gif[/img][/url]

thf: 70 drg: 50 nin: 36 smn: 30 whm: 33 blm: 21 war: 25 drk: 13 sam: 10 brd: 9 mnk: 10 pld: 10 Blu: 8 cor: 11 pup: 5

Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

It was about... Oh look! Yarrrn! *divebomb tackles the ball of yarn*
Aony
Housecat

Re: Linkshells Linkshells

Post by Aony »

Ephi wrote:I'M BACK <call5> :lol:
i finally got a 2nd job over lvl 10... 17DRG :D
i now have 5 LSs... i may as well get 2 more and have 1 for evry day of the week...
if i were to do that id put MP on Saturday...
i think ive got too many LSs...
wadda u think?

EDIT btw my Jump macro phrase will be recognized by Homestar Runner fans who have seen SB Email "Stunt Double"

/s Looks like I'm gonna have to ju~ump...
This was the first post....it was about linkshells and "finally got 2nd job over lvl 10", randomly thrown in, is what started the main conversation here. and to answer your question...you can have as many as you want, but if there's some you never use it is kind of wasted. And yes, i've seen that SB Email that one was good :lol:

btw: this marks my hundredth post!!! woohoo!! I'm a big cat now! :D :P :love: :2thumb: :angel: 8)

Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Congrrrats! :D
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Tsybil wrote:
Neoshinobi wrote:
Its the monolingual ones that bother me a bit. There they are, chattering away in Japanese. There I am wondering what they are saying about me. I never know if they think I am doing my job well, or just barely enough to be tolerated.
I was in a JP party yesterday, it stood with 4 people (although we found some extras but they didn't really stay) including me.

I was the WHM and the entire time when I would cure somebody they would do a /bow emote :o

Although the exp was always under 150 due to lvl gap. We were however able to chain many monsters which made up for our lack of a real party....needless to say I made a level there, and would have stayed however if I wasn't tired at that point. (>_<)
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Linkshells Linkshells

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо