Lack of Intrest

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Lack of Intrest

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I don't know why, but it seems like just as soon as I finnaly hit lvl 75 RDM... the game just seems kinda.... boring. Yeah I can lvl up another job and all, but I really did enjoy playing Rdm above all. I know rdm gets new spells from meriting... but I just really don't want to be bothered with it. I tried Dynamis just once for the first time. Sadly we got our arshed handed to us. 5 weeks later I ask the LS later did they ever win a run and it was always a no. Don't think ill be trying dynamis again with that ls anyways. I guess I could always get Windurst Rank 10 and do CoP and Zilart.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Ah, of course.

After hitting level75, just think of it as climbing the mountain. You really have nowhere to go but down.

Usually, by now you should be doing CoP, Zilart, getting Rank 10 everywhere, and just doing everything else you can be doing.

Its time you spread your wings and began to fly Phoenix.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Bad luck there with the Dynamis's. Personally I'm 2/4. (Win Sandy and Jeuno once each, lost Bastok and Windy once each.)
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

There is lots to do once you hit 75 >.>;
Merit for one, but if you don't want to do that... Knocking out Zilart is a great idea. The missions don't have a lvl cap, so being 75 will make them less difficult. Then you can get access to sky. It's a neat looking area & if you decide to join a linkshell that fights the Sky Gods, those fights can be challenging and fun :)

Getting Sea is fun too! The CoP missions start with a lvl cap of 30. A lot of people hate that, but I don't. It shows you that a team of lvl 30's can "PWN" too with good teamwork. I like those missions. In fact, recently several of my ls members got sea access with the help of other members who had it already (including myself). We had a few rough times, but overall was a lot of fun! We're even doing Limbus now. Another thing you can do @ 75 that is fun.
Plus, now SE changed CoP missions so you don't lose exp in the bc battles!! Figures!!! *cusses under her breath* :lol:

There is also uncapped Assaults...the new assault they added that you can't have a cap for...

Can't leave out Dynamis... It's a death fest and you'll be re-leveling to 75 before you know it!! Heheh I'm just kidding... Well, a little. Dynamis can be hard, but it is also rewarding when you get through a city and get AF for you ls mates. Again, it takes serious teamwork.

As a 75 RDM you could also try your luck soloing the prime avatars. (If you need them for Summoner down the road, or just want to help others get them... can choose gil as a reward, too)

Oh! Almost forgot to mention it is easier to farm what you need for whatever your craft is @ lvl 75 :)
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

Once you at least have zilart done, give me a /tell if you are looking for an hnmls. Mine needs RDM right now. Having Sea would be a bonus, most members are pretty burnt out trying to get other people through sea anyway.

Wonder if I can get back all the exp i lost doing Sea...
RDM/SMN/WAR/DRG/DNC/BLM/COR/DRK85
Bravura 6/14/10 WARcat +7
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

:o get a new Dynamis ls pronto- that's just pitiful.

Anyway, don't get discouraged~ its pretty common to feel like there's nothing else to do after hitting 75. Take some time off from the game, you may just be burned out from all the grinding you did recently to get to 75.

There's no rush to do anything, take your time deciding what you want to do in endgame. Now more then ever there are a ton of choices and trying to do too much will burn you out.

I've always enjoyed soloing and for me, being able to take on just about anything is a great stress reliever. Merit parties (especially the oh-so-prevalent TP Burn madness ones) get very repetitive and stressful very quickly for RDMs and being able to go whack mindlessly at something and still get fairly good exp is a nice change of pace for me.

But that's me- you may love TP Burns :lol:

Anyway, definetly take your time and get some fun out of being 75. I personally don't like it when friends jump so far into endgame that they end up becoming bitter and burned out very quickly over the endgame and the game.

Oh and I'm <3ing the new no exp loss during missions change to CoP- will make having to redo some missions much much easier <looks at 6-4>
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Cry me a river :lol:

Besiders the painful missions in which you need competent party members of the right jobs there's plenty to aim for.

Endgame gear for a starters, for RDM thats;
Duelists gear (AF2),
Crimson Feet,
Salvage gear,
Yigit gear,
HQ staves,
Zilart/CoP ring and earring(s).

I miss anything?

ToAU missions is mostly a lot of running around, few fights and not that hard.

Doing every Assault and obtaining highest rank perhaps? Now Nyzul Isle Assault too.

Not appealing? Then quit and don't look back :roll:
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami there are people with other opinions about the endgame scene.
Also those that have been in there and/or are currently in it.

Honestly I'm getting kind of discouraged reading your biased, ungrounded posts about it.
You don't like endgame, fine!
But please don't speak about it like you know all about it until you get a little experience.
Let people try it and find out for themselves instead.
(This coming from a person very active in the endgame scene (Read! >>NOT HNM<<) , which has a lot of fun doing the activities.)
Sugami wrote:Cry me a river :lol:

Besiders the painful missions in which you need competent party members of the right jobs there's plenty to aim for.
Players will no longer lose experience points when KO’d in Chain of Promathia mission battlefields.
Finding help has become a lot easier, missions are still hard at times but now you don't have to worry about a wipe or 2/3.
Endgame gear for a starters, for RDM thats;
Duelists gear (AF2),
Crimson Feet,
Salvage gear,
Yigit gear,
HQ staves,
Zilart/CoP ring and earring(s).

I miss anything?
Yes, you don't need any of this as a starter.
It makes you do your job better but it is certainly not a requirement to be part of an endgame shell or to be effective.
It just makes you more effective if you know how to play your job.

My advise:
If you are interested in endgame things, try and find a smaller endgame shell which has been there for a while.
These mostly contain the friendlier players which have a fair bit of experience and have the least drama.

If you want to avoid drama don't apply to the bigger HNM shells.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I don't remember mentioning much if anything about endgame. I just pointed out a list of goals he could be aiming for.

Had two jobs at 75 for over a year now, I think I have some experience of this so-called "end game" :roll:
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

What's so great about Crimson Feet? I'm not even sure why i bothered uncursing them.

Now Crimson Legs.... those are incredibly sexy.

Mazurka and Crimson Legs = Happy Fin
I just run in circles... lol
RDM/SMN/WAR/DRG/DNC/BLM/COR/DRK85
Bravura 6/14/10 WARcat +7
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Thx for the responses. I guess Ill try endgame. But it seems like I need competent linkshells (Which Phoenix Server seems to have a lack of). Heck I created my own LS named after the Corsair Ship *Black Coffin* and im the only member. (And I haven't been spammed by linkshell lowbies for help yet. w00t) I guess ill do some searching online and see if I can't find a decent linkshell. Im tired of all of these Endgame ls's with baby's for their leaders. (GET TO THIS NM HERE RIGHT NOW!!) When I see that, and they go "Get over here Agentblack." I usually tell them to go suck a lemon. I take orders from higher ups in my Rank system everyday. Ill be damned if some 13 yr old kid that hasnt gone through puberty yet, is gonna order me around in a game. :lol:
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Crimson Greaves are a good MP piece from what I can make out, and that's about it :lol: if I was still a RDM I wouldn't bother with them either :lol:
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

It takes about 3 months to turn a group of total dynamis newbies into a solid 100% winning dynamis team. Ideally, you'll want a really good puller / raid-leader for that, though. These days, you might be able to find a good dynamis vet just kicking around your server doing nothing. If you can't, try to import a good one from EQ. Only other game I know that produced very skilled raid leaders.

If your shell has someone that wants to learn to do dynamis and they have access to an account on Bismarck that can do dynamis (any job level 65), I'll be happy to train them in how to pull and lead dynamis runs. I've been pulling dynamis since dynamis was released. We pretty much win every time even with low numbers.

Conversely, if you have an open account you don't mind sharing, I'd be happy to come pull and lead your runs and train y'all in "how to do Dynamis." The account ideally should have THF, NIN, & WHM to 37 and one of those same jobs to 75. The ideal job for dynamis pulling is WHM/THF, but really any job can do it. THF main or sub is nice for flee (else you have to buy powder boots). WHM main nice for rr3.

BTW, on the topic of "NM racing", that's kinda how it has to work if you want to do HNM fights. If you have true addicts in your shell, you'll know the ToD and get some advance warning, but the HNM game is always the same in FFXI: "Come now or get kicked from shell." Truly enormous shells can get by with people doing their own thing and "come if you feel like it", but those shells often have huge drama issues over loot.

When you sign up for HNMs, you're signing up to be told to drop what you're doing and come to the HNM "RIGHT NOW!" It's one of those things I never really understood about FFXI players. They all clamber for HNM, but then they throw fits and whine and sulk when it comes to actually doing what they need to do to get the claim. Then they get ugly over the drops, too. I agree that FFXI's HNM system with it's total emphasis on getting the claim rather than having a hard fight for the kill is damn stupid and is the root of all the problems with RMT and claim-bots and shell drama, but don't bitch about the leaders doing their job when that's precisely what you asked them to do by signing up for an HNM shell.

I like end-game where teamwork & skill > claim, so I skip the whole HNM thing. I don't even really count "HNMs" as true end-game because of the lack of skill needed. HNMs need addicts and claim-botters with high drama-tolerance. If that doesn't describe you, steer clear of HNMs. ><
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Lack of Intrest

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Lack of Intrest

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting