more "Accounts Banned" fun

A place to talk about... anything!
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

more "Accounts Banned" fun

Post by Leane »

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news9757.shtml wrote:
We would like to report the termination today of multiple accounts held by players involved in the usage of third-party tools or cheats, or engaged in RMT (Real Money Trading) activities.

Based on the results of our investigation, over 4000 PlayOnline accounts were terminated while over 1000 accounts were temporarily suspended.
Details of the violations are as follows:

- Usage of tools that allow enhanced character movement.
Approx. 750 cases

- Usage of tools that circumvent game mechanics with respect to the timing of ability use, etc. in certain areas or at points where Notorious Monsters appear.
Approx. 1900 cases

-Using cheats to automatically repeat a particular action.
Approx. 650 cases

- Accounts from people that were previously confirmed to have RMT connections, or that have violated the user agreements but re-subscribed to PlayOnline.
Approx. 1450 cases

- RMT-related activity
Approx. 250 cases

The termination of these accounts has led to the removal of approximately 50 billion gil from circulation.

In addition to our actions against third-party tools and RMT-related offenses, we have implemented measures to counteract the recent occurrence of automated fishing. Our vigilant GMs, along with programming changes made by the development team, will continue to uphold the policy of fair play within the world of FINAL FANTASY XI.

We would like to remind players that as well as adversely affecting game balance, the use of third-party tools or cheats can also have consequences that are not immediately obvious, such as introducing damaging viruses, and comprising the security of private account details. Usage of third-party tools will not be tolerated within FINAL FANTASY XI, and we will continue to severely penalize any players found to be in violation of the PlayOnline Member Agreement.

As we continue to ensure a fun and balanced environment for FINAL FANTASY XI, we hope that our players enjoy the game as it was intended and take care to avoid involvement in activities that violate the PlayOnline Member Agreement.

Thank you for your continued cooperation and understanding.
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

:lol: that's a BIG F youuuuuuuuu RMT!!! :twisted: :rofl:

word around sky on leviathan is that the rmt ls that is up there 99.8% of the time was missing after maint. & this morning :twisted:
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Tianshii wrote::lol: that's a BIG F youuuuuuuuu RMT!!! :twisted: :rofl:

word around sky on leviathan is that the rmt ls that is up there 99.8% of the time was missing after maint. & this morning :twisted:
They still have yet to ban me. Muhahahaha! (I use a windower. Sue me for liking to use my IMs and Gaiaonline.com)

*Ahem* But still, I'm glad to see that begin to occur. If they hit that, then they're working on it. However, I don't see one type of RMTing declining soon.

You know, the one that invades leveling spots with a group of six to powerlevel. Wish I could slap them with /ban and be done with it, but they'd have to be doing something... like raiding a camping spot (Which has happened to me in Garliage. They did, of course, get reported and banned. Damn Cmoney [And I saw him this morning as well].

I like the steps SE is taking, but I wish the process was a tad faster.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Fiye wrote:I like the steps SE is taking, but I wish the process was a tad faster.
At least they're doing something now. And now that they've implemented their task-force, things are getting better and better. ^_^
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Yeah, hopefully the campers in Castle Oztroja are gone. I was helping a friend get the items about a month ago and this damn army of Taru's beat us to all but one pop.

Thankfully we got one of the drops we needed off that claim.

Man, I miss playing. Damn RL getting in my way. I wanna get Keavy to level 63 so she can learn Pro 4 :cry:
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

I always looked at that taskforce in disbelief, until yesterday.

Sky was completely empty! :shock:
There is only a hand full of RMT left of that group and they are all in Sauromongue Champaign (Titan's flea market) selling out.
All their stones, Osodes, Sellable sky stuff.
My hope is that the boss got sick of having to buy new FFXI licenses every time a few of their characters get banned.

I will be checking the RMT status on the lesser NM soon, but damn they got hit hard.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Woot~

Not really much that can be done about the shell-less noobs without subjobs until they start doing illegal stuff but knowing how crap they usually are it'll take them a while to get to 75 :lol:

All right, I may be able to get my Hecatomb stuff then :lol:
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

In other news, anyone else notice there are more RMT fishermen ever since they "nerfed" the fishing drops from Qufim? Instead of rusty gear, they're now fishing up Mythril Swords by the bucket load...
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Eviticus wrote:In other news, anyone else notice there are more RMT fishermen ever since they "nerfed" the fishing drops from Qufim? Instead of rusty gear, they're now fishing up Mythril Swords by the bucket load...
:shock:

Mythril Swords are a hard catch to make.

They did not remove Rustys from the fishing list, they "temporarily" removed the recipes dealing with Rustys.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: more "Accounts Banned" fun

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: more "Accounts Banned" fun

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting