hmmm .. are galka.......

A place to talk about... anything!
arcangel
Kitten

hmmm .. are galka.......

Post by arcangel »

if galka are asexual does that make them an endangered specieces :?:
you know you suck at this game when gobs dont aggro they just point and laugh. =(^.^)=
whm: 60 drg:49 drk:27 smn:31 rdm: 11 rng:22 war: 40 and umm umm cant remember the rest >.>
Nobodyreal
Housecat

Post by Nobodyreal »

Not really. As far as I can tell, baby Galka just sort of happen. Don't want to think too much about a Galka giving birth, though.
[img]http://users.sisna.com/mschild/graphics/ffxisig.jpg[/img]
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

lol omg please dont put that picture in my head! :lol:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

They go through some kind of "Rebirth" process. This has always made me wonder where they came from in the first place.

I thought it was the war and ummm... mining accidents that made them an endangered spices.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

As long as the Galka aren't getting killed by something, I think they reincarnate naturally, so the number of Galka doesn't change.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

JediKitsune wrote:As long as the Galka aren't getting killed by something, I think they reincarnate naturally, so the number of Galka doesn't change.
But war and the opening of the mines around Bastok reduced their numbers drasticly.

OK, maybe they occasionaly twin durring Rebirth, but still, where DID they come from in the first place?
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Losfuin
Feral Cat

Post by Losfuin »

I was wondering about that tonight, Jedi. Does it mean the number of Galka is ever-decreasing, with each one being killed - as opposed to "Going on a journey of re-birth", as Galka NPCs so put it - being irreplacable?
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Losfuin wrote:I was wondering about that tonight, Jedi. Does it mean the number of Galka is ever-decreasing, with each one being killed - as opposed to "Going on a journey of re-birth", as Galka NPCs so put it - being irreplacable?
Hmmm definately something to ponder on. :?:
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Are you pondering what I'm pondering Zeid?

<.<;;

Okay, bad joke/Animaniacs reference there, I'll just go hide that one somewhere. ^^;
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Kistala
Tomcat

Post by Kistala »

Tsybil wrote:
JediKitsune wrote:As long as the Galka aren't getting killed by something, I think they reincarnate naturally, so the number of Galka doesn't change.
But war and the opening of the mines around Bastok reduced their numbers drasticly.

OK, maybe they occasionaly twin durring Rebirth, but still, where DID they come from in the first place?
Altana made 'em.
"Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Currently: PLD69/WAR34 tank
PLD69/RDM34 soloer
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

I wonder if they give birth kinda like the queen Alien where they just drop an egg the new galka comes out of it, or if they birth it....maybe that why alot of galkas have a big belly.......................
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Just had to go there didn't you... :oops:
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

Ambrey wrote:Just had to go there didn't you... :oops:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :rofl: :lol:
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

One thing that hasnt been mentioned that the journey of rebirth may actually involve the death of the original galka. If it is as such, then there are possible provisions that can be prepared beforehand to assist on the journey if an unfavorable fate were to befall the galka in question.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

galak's are like the pheonix, destroying itself and being born from the ashes... how exactly this happens we do not know... nor do we know how many galka are born by one rebirth.... lets just assume that they are not an endangered species and leave it at that >.>;
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: hmmm .. are galka.......

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: hmmm .. are galka.......

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru