Phalanx or Chrysoberyl rings? (and other questions)

A place to talk about... anything!
Waef
Tomcat

Phalanx or Chrysoberyl rings? (and other questions)

Post by Waef »

Well, I just hit 54 PLD, and I am wondering if I should stick with Phalanx rings or upgrade to Chrysoberyl (sp?) rings.

Also, should I keept I.M. body and leg pieces or get Royal Knights?

Do I need to get Life Belt at 55 or will my natural Mithra Dex allow me to stick with Warrior's Belt +1?

I just need some answers to those questions. Any help/comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Vigor Rings please. Phalanx Rings are crap. VIT > DEF. If you can't afford Vigor Rings then Chrysoberyl Rings are. . . okay. Life Belt. . . get that and the RSE Belt. Warrior's Belt is a no 48+. Royal Knight's armor isn't really neccessary but you can get it if you want. Phalanx Rings are crap.

At 58 you can upgrade to the really good and amazingly cheap Beak Jerkin +1. Oh and do yourself and everyone else a favor and buy a Gluttony Sword. Oh by the way, make sure you always use Black Curry for EXP Party at your level. I get up to 637+ DEF at level 58 with Black Curry and my other Buffs.

Your welcome.
[Active]
Chi - Level 60 Undead Rogue - Member of Unison - [Rank 9] Centurion ~ 12,695 Honorable Kills - 3 Dishonorable Kills

[Retired]
Batsu - Level 60 Elvaan Paladin - Level 56 Samurai
Waef
Tomcat

Post by Waef »

I've been trying to get the RSE belt forever, but there are never any up on Auction on Alexander ><.

Okay, Life Belt, thanks. I can't afford Vigor Rings....I know Gluttony Sword is a must...I guess I need to start farming now...Oh well. Thanks for your help, and yeah I know about Beak Jerkin +1...I think it's so cheap because it looks like crap lol.
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Yeah, thats probably why. . . I hate that armor. . . I feel so lame with it on. . . like I just came out of Valkurm or something. . .
[Active]
Chi - Level 60 Undead Rogue - Member of Unison - [Rank 9] Centurion ~ 12,695 Honorable Kills - 3 Dishonorable Kills

[Retired]
Waef
Tomcat

Post by Waef »

Yeah, whenever I see people with it on I think they are like level 20 >.> until I look at their feet, lol.

How long does Black Curry last and what's it's mods? I was gonna by some but AH was out >.>
I also heard Tavnazian Tacos were good, dunno, what is your suggestion?
Rekahkun
Big Cat

Post by Rekahkun »

awesome food page:

http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/food.php

you'll be able to compare everything here and decide what looks tasty :)
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Tavnazian Tacos are like 35k a stack on my server. Their very good but I believe Black Curry is better. I got the same results DEF wise with Black Curry and it only costs 6k for one and one lasts for 3 hours.
[Active]

[Retired]
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

i prefer tacos, but black curry is good as well, it depends on taste. i dont rest much as pld, so the resting bonuses are not worth it to me, and i get more def from the tacos, and more vit, and more dex, and more agi, and +20 hp and MP, it just seems better. plus they are only 20k a stack on midgard (less than fish chiefkabobs), and while black curry or shallops are cheaper, i like this one the best. (i really do think there is a hidden acc+ effect on these tacos too, but that is just a rumor >.>;;)
Waef
Tomcat

Post by Waef »

Okay, thanks. I actually got Chrysoberyl rings before I asked, but I was trying to check if I made the right decision. Hopefully I can do some BCNMs or something and get enough money to get Vigor, although if I don't have enough I'll save for Gluttony sword, since I would rather pay 500k for +7 vit than pay 500-600k for one more vit...
Waef
Tomcat

Post by Waef »

Oops, sorry for double post.

I got a Gluttony Sword now, the price was down to 300k from 500k so I jumped on that deal. Now to level up enough to use it (4k from 57). I can't wait. :D
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Phalanx or Chrysoberyl rings? (and other questions)

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »