Change ?.?

A place to talk about... anything!
Kessa
Housecat

Change ?.?

Post by Kessa »

Well by the time I get back from Iraq and start FFXI in April it will be 14 months since I've played.

How much has changed?? Well more so will I be able to do anything with my lvl 61thf and not be laughed at for having cool gear from last year >.>
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/The-Master-Thief.png[/img]
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

You should be fine. THF gear has only changed for the better really. A lot of high-level daggers have gotten a change to their damage, going from crap to nearly on par with most swords in all honesty.
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

I know its still early, but welcome back! There are lots of changes in store for you^^

ToAU expansion, COR, BLU PUP, job changes across the board- some were relatively minor, others not so minor and some jobs have had huge changes to them.

The first 15 jobs all have merit spells/abilities now.

A final Battle linking the RoZ and CoP storylines was introduced fairly recently, Dynamis Valkurm, Bubu and Tav.

I think Limbus was introduced after you left- not sure about that though.

AV was finally killed.

Diabolos is now a summon.

Odin (The Dark Rider) is wandering around the new areas creating havok.

The newest r.attk adjustment, changes to high level dagger's damage, and changes to shields proc rates.

NMs now build up resistance to Elemental magic, ninjitsu and chi blast, but its really only an issue with HNMs

Besieged and Assault fights in the new areas.

Get to see Shantotto creating havok in the new missions :lol:

New recipes, new items, new armor- the usual

CHOCOBO RAISING!!!

New monsters, from lamia, mermaids, zombie qutrubs and Dr. Zoidburg mages to and frog and lizard men.

Hmmm, think I'll stop now. I'm sure I can think of more changes but I wouldn't want to scare you away :D
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

New things:

Most has been said but also a few other things.

ISNMs, sort of BCNM/ENM fights which you can do by attaining Imperial standing points.
A special signet introduced for the new areas in the new Aht Urhgan expansion which can give some extra bonuses.
Regen - Not too interesting
Refresh - A blessing for mages!
increased Food duration - A blessing for melee unless you fight Colibri (Those steal your food effect.)
And of course Imperial standing points. Same thing as signet with conquest.

A sidenote about the Dark Rider, he has to do with the Aht Urhgan storyline somehow however up to now it isn't clear what exactly.
At the moment he just leaves a hoofprint randomly somewhere which you need to find to become Superior private when you have done enough assault missions.

He's also completely immune to all damage and casts Deathga.
(Yes instant death to all in range of the spell.)

Massive deflation on most servers, a lot of stuff has become lots cheaper so if you had a bit of gil saved up before you left it's worth more now.
Making money however has become harder.

At your level except for the expansion and new zones to level in not much has changed yet.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Mandau now has the best DPS based on base DMG and Delay thanks to the end game dagger DMG adjustment. If you get into a Dynamis shell and they decide to bless you with one, enjoy.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

Thanx for the update, sounds like I'm gonna end up being a Noob again kinda till I get familier with all the new stuff. I guess I will start Monk or something till I get used to the timing again.

Nothing like a trip through the dunes to bring back all the memories >.>

What's the population like now, is FFXI hurting for players or are most of the server's vacant...
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/The-Master-Thief.png[/img]
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Weeelllll....alot of players have gotten to high levels so finding a party in say the dunes can be hard for some, or so I've heard. I was on my way to Tav monday and took the dunes vortex. I did a search while I was there and there were 100 ppl currently in that area, so at least on Remora its not too hard to find a party.

I've also been seeing a lot of "?" 's running around the starter towns the past few weeks and I don't think its all from RMT trying to rebuild their ranks after the massive nuke SE just tossed on them.

The players I've been seeing have been acting like typical new players- exploring everything, asking questions right and left, taking a few seconds longer to engage a mob when in the baby areas, etc. So, the populations seems pretty stable or even growing some these days.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Change ?.?

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо