Calling all rangers, and erm... cooks!

A place to talk about... anything!
Pyrexia
Tomcat

Calling all rangers, and erm... cooks!

Post by Pyrexia »

It seems that with the last patch SE has killed the mithkabobs versatility. Not only is the synth reduced from 12 to 6 mithkabobs without HQing it, but kabobs no longer effect Ranged Attack. I was disappointed when yesterday, I popped a cheifkabob in my XP party and it had very little effect on how much my arrows were doing (the small difference is attributed to the +STR provided by the kabobs). It seems a waste to spend money on kabobs for +5 dmg to a hit.

All the alternatives I've managed to find thus far, don't stack and are very expensive and hard to make. Bison steak, yellow curry, rice dumplings, and omlettes are all very high cooking. They are expensive, don't stack, and now last for 3-4 hours depending of if it's a HQ or not.

Has anyone found any foods that increase ranged attack, that do stack and are relatively easy to make? My BF is my cooking guru but he's not quite high enough to make me the stuff I've found to replace it. Sigh, makes a RNG's life hard, not only do we pay out the wazoo for ammo but now we have to pay like insane for food. Thanks SE...

I could always wait til 58, wear my Hunter's Jerkin, sacrifice my daggers for a fire staff, and eat food to increase ranged accuracy but I don't know if I want to sacrifice my +20 ranged accuracy in my daggers for +10 ranged attack... I am mithra though... hmmm...
[img]http://filebox.vt.edu/users/cdove/beachsig.jpg[/img]

Pyrexia : Mithran Fishercat : Federation of Windurst : Midgardsormr and Hades
---
BLM 75 : RNG 73 : SMN 53 : WHM 40 : NIN 37 : RDM 37 : WAR 37 : THF 18 : MNK 10 : DRG 8 : BRD 8 : SAM 6
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

i think the idea of SE was to actually make food more variable, as to give us more choices, by making kabobs more expensive and by making non stackable food last so much longer, SE has increased the posiblilities of food to eat, seriously, when will you need more than 2 non stackable foods in a party, mabie three if you die, but with the ability to last 3 hours each now, they have balanced out the food abilities.
as for ranged attack, i dont know what to tell you, just hope that since mithkabobs changed, more of the others will enter the market and the prices will stabilize to something affordable...

im thinking that part of the update is sort of a double edged sword, but is definatly going to make the game more intresting.
Pyrexia
Tomcat

Post by Pyrexia »

I agree with you in that SE is trying to put variety into the foods we eat, but still, it puts pressure on RNGs to try and find a food that works that isn't insanely expensive. When I pull, if something goes awry I usually let myself die rather than kill the entire party off. So eating these non-stacking foods can hurt me. Not to mention the only foods that I can find are very complex and expensive to make, therefore hurting me much more. I use 6-8 (very often more) stacks of arrows per level, I don't like to skimp on them, my party recruited a RNG, they will get a RNG. Now the arrows I'm using won't quiver (they used to, but now the quiver mithra doesn't make Scorpion quivers anymore)... makes carrying large quantities harder. Kabobs were a easy way to boost my damage output, they only took up one slot, but not anymore since I won't be eating kabobs.

Not to mention these non-stacking foods have increased in price since the patch made them last longer. Yellow curry shot up from 3-4k to 8-9k specifically.

Sigh... it's almost like SE wanted to set back RNGs a bit to give DDs more chances.
[img]http://filebox.vt.edu/users/cdove/beachsig.jpg[/img]

Pyrexia : Mithran Fishercat : Federation of Windurst : Midgardsormr and Hades
---
BLM 75 : RNG 73 : SMN 53 : WHM 40 : NIN 37 : RDM 37 : WAR 37 : THF 18 : MNK 10 : DRG 8 : BRD 8 : SAM 6
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

I understand that SE has definately made it harder for the RNG's but I doubt they had the idea to specifically go and mess up one class in the game. I just doesn't make sense since you guys fund a whole mess of other crafters out there. You can't really look at SE as having done something bad to just rangers, all the food prices have recently jumped in price across the boards because it became harder to cook most of it, or at least you get less results meaning it takes more to complete those stacks to sell. Besides, all the other DD's have to find a way to buy the same foods now too. :cry:

Also as check out eyeball soups for RNG....or look into the different types of steaks
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN
check the members list for more details

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Artifact Armors in possession = 10
Artfact Armors that can be equipped = 10
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Sushi does wonders for RNG.
mozyr
Housecat

Post by mozyr »

I think in the last information bulletin/update yesterday, they said they were working on another update to rectify the food problems (with some stackable items not lasting long enough, etc.) I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the mithkabob issue or anything, though.

-- Sarah
[blue]- Sarah
[url=http://www.livejournal.com/community/bad_rpers_suck]Bad RPers Suck[/url]
Mozyr, San d'Orian Mithra (5-2), Siren Server[/blue]
[url=http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?101810][red][b]60 DRK[/b], 51 RDM, 38 WHM, [b]37 THF, 37 WAR[/b], 33 BLM, 30 DRG, 11 MNK, 8 NIN[/url][/red]
[blue]Chaos sollerets:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos gauntlets:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos flanchard:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos cuirass:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Chaos burgeonet:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow]
[blue]Genkai I:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] [blue]Genkai II:[/blue] [yellow]O[/yellow] Genkai III - V:[/blue] [yellow]X[/yellow]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

It doesn't. Mithkabobs will remain nerfed. I posted the new food results on the curious kitten forums.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Calling all rangers, and erm... cooks!

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Calling all rangers, and erm... cooks!

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting