I've been thinking of CoP 6-4 BC

A place to talk about... anything!
Fiye
Captain Fiye

I've been thinking of CoP 6-4 BC

Post by Fiye »

And so far... I'm stumped on how to beat this.

So far. I've come to the conclusion that a...

NIN, RDM, and BLU is essential.

Now... I'm trying to think of other things.

BRD vs WHM

With a RDM and BRD. healing would be a bit easy.

But then... we gotta look at DD.

A good DD setup would be two Black Mages... but then we gotta look at what we have going on.

A RDM will have to haste...

The NIN (40 MP) (BLU can haste itself)

and Refresh...

The BLU, RDM, and BLMx2. (200 MP)

Now... what we could do is simple have the RDM refresh itself and the BLU, and have the BRD Refresh the BLMs, RDM, and itself.

That way. The RDM is gaining 6 MP a tick/3 seconds (6x20 = 120 MP a minute). We have a NIN to tank. 2 BLMs Dealing damage. And a BLU stunning it. With the Bard making sure the NIN doesn't take a single hit.

Is this a good setup?
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Re: I've been thinking of CoP 6-4 BC

Post by Shirai »

Warning: wall of text incoming!
Fiye wrote:And so far... I'm stumped on how to beat this.

So far. I've come to the conclusion that a...

NIN, RDM, and BLU is essential.
Not quite,
I would say nin is the best tank for this mission however it can be done with a skilled PLD.
Having two tanks countertank eachother is advisable though.

RDM can be replaced by a BRD it can even be done without either, and BLU isn't essential by far however nice to have for head butt stunning.
If BLU was that essential noone would have beaten that mission pre-aht urhgan.
(Also note that head butt is physical so it can miss!)
Now... I'm trying to think of other things.

BRD vs WHM

With a RDM and BRD. healing would be a bit easy.
Whm is absolutely essential on this mission.
Allow me to explain:
Omega has a move which petrifies the target, there are only two jobs that can cure that ailment.
1 .WHM with stona which is a level 39 spell so no other job will ever get to use it.
2. SMN with leviathan's spring water but by the time the summoner gets leviathan out and gets the pact done at least the tank will be long dead.

Ultima has Nuclear waste, a move that drops Slow II and elegy on every target in front of him which can only be cured by 2 erases.
As the fight is level capped at 60 only the whm will be able to cast this.
Haste and March will not override this!

BRD + RDM in this case would not make healing easier.
But then... we gotta look at DD.

A good DD setup would be two Black Mages... but then we gotta look at what we have going on.

A RDM will have to haste...

The NIN (40 MP) (BLU can haste itself)

and Refresh...

The BLU, RDM, and BLMx2. (200 MP)

Now... what we could do is simple have the RDM refresh itself and the BLU, and have the BRD Refresh the BLMs, RDM, and itself.

That way. The RDM is gaining 6 MP a tick/3 seconds (6x20 = 120 MP a minute). We have a NIN to tank. 2 BLMs Dealing damage. And a BLU stunning it. With the Bard making sure the NIN doesn't take a single hit.

Is this a good setup?
I would have to say no.
A few flaws in this setup:

On the first fight you fight 5 mammets, The NIN and BLU won't be able to hold them all without having cures bombed on them extensively, which in result will have the whm grab a lot of hate.
Also with the blms nuking the mammets the blms wil most likely bite the dust really quick which in result if you even win this fight will cost you precious minutes.
Also the chance exist they do their nasty special moves where either melee or magic damage cures them, you don't want a Ancient curing a mammet from <50% to full.

Omega:
Omega has a lot of HP I can't say how much exactly but it's a lot.
(My guess is roughly 15.000 HP)
You need DoT to work him down and a nin + Blu isn't enough as the Blu most likely needs to conserve his MP for Head Butt spam.
Swords and Katanas don't provide enough DoT either.
The BLMs will be able to take chunks off but they also really need to watch hate because a dead blm is useless and they do a considerably less damage when weak.
Omega also builds up magic resistance over time the more nukes you toss at him.
It also uses a magic shield at low HP which considerably ups his magic resistance.

Ultima:
Less HP but a lot more damaging moves, Also Ultima has a magic resistance build up and when his HP get's lower he gets the ability called Manascreen which makes him completely unvulnerable to nukes for a minute and time is of the escense especially on the last fight as cutscene time after the fight also counts as bcnm time!
(I've heard people win the battle and still getting kicked out because the time ran out during the last cutscene.)
The lower Ultima gets the more he spams this or Physical Shield.

For Both Ultima and Omega:
When they reach ~25% health they need to be worked down fast as they will got into a "Rage" mode spamming very dangerous high damage TP moves.
CCB Polymer considerably slows down the spam but only works for so long.
Especially on Omega it is advisable to throw out damaging 2 hours to kill him fast!

My setup when I did this fight:
2 ninjas
White Mage (Me)
Ranger/Ninja
Monk/Ninja
Summoner

We went 1/1 on this setup (I am certainly not saying this is the best way to go but my static had been together for quite a while and could almost read eachother.)
We wiped once on Omega.
Everyone had CCB Polymers and they were all used!
We loaded up on meds.
(Ethers (I had about 10) /drinks (5/7) /Vile elixer/Food for mages)
(Potions/Vile Elixer/Food for Melee)
And most importantly Reraise.
(All meds were used as well!)

My advise:

Setup:
If possible replace both blms for melee, otherwise only one and work out a skillchain + Magic Burst.
blms just don't do enough damage fast enough while keeping their own hate in mind.

Strategy wise:
Dou a dry run first with no meds or CCB and see how far you get.
You have time to wipe once in this fight, when you wipe on the mammets it's better to sit that out and get kicked from the BC to revise your strategy for them.
You should be able to do the mammets using as little to no resources, if you can manage that you should be in good shape for the rest of the fights.
Same goes when you wipe early in the Omega battle as not much resource would have been used by then.

Also:
Spam through the cutscenes and make sure everyone else in your party does as well.
Don't go reading, spam spam spam!
The clock is ticking.

You can rewatch the CS' after the fight at the Galka bard NPC in Sealion's den.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

The only real trick to 6-4 is making sure you have enough PCB's to neutralize the rampage-mode on the critters. I did this a looong time ago with (I think): PLD, NIN (me), BLM, THF, WHM, RDM. It went extremely smooth; success on first run gave me a completely false impression of how hard this fight is for most folks.

Since then, I've helped tank it as NIN a number of times with all kinds of groups. Full merits help a TON on BCs. So, I usually ended up tanking by default even when there was another that was supposed to be tanking.

The key factor was always PCB application. If you can apply it and block the crazy-mode it goes into, you win. If you let the thing go crazy for too long, chances are you'll loose because it will tear your tanks apart and then shred the rest of your group. It's been too long since I last did it or I'd give you some tips on when to apply. IIRC, it's around 20% when they go wild. Also, I'm no longer certain if you can pre-apply it to block the mode or if you need to wait and apply it to shut the mode off.

The web might have more data for ya there on PCB application for 6-4. If not, try to ask friends on your server about it. Keeping it from going crazy is how you win it.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

My group did it NINx2, BLM, WHM, moi, and either RNG or BRD- took us a few fights, don't remember what Dani actually used in our winning fight- its been awhile.

Like Shirai said- you're going to need a whm, no two ways about it. RDM is helpful but not really a needed job- I was primarily support the entire time with Haste, Refresh, Kiting (Mammets), back up healing, killing blow, that sort of thing.

Keep DoT on it as much as possible- Poison II and Bio II are your best ones here. In my fight it was actually the Bio II that killed it after we wiped at 1% with about a minute to go in the BC :lol:

One other thing- bring RR. You'll need it.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

BTW, I just recalled that PCB application is like salts and fish and other items in PMs: it locks out your JAs and spells for a bit. Also, I seem to recall that the specials used when U/O go wild reset hate and/or petrify.

Net result of this is: don't make your tank the primary PCB applier. If petrified, he won't be able to apply it. And if hate reset, after applying it voke will be locked out for like 5s, preventing him from getting hate again.

Use someone else other than your main tank and have another tank ready to take over. IIRC, our PLD did the PCB for us on my first run with nin as the MT. I think we only needed one, too, but I'd recommend that pretty much everyone have one.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: I've been thinking of CoP 6-4 BC

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru