Sky!

A place to talk about... anything!
Okuza
Feral Cat

Sky!

Post by Okuza »

Sky is so much fun without the giant RMT speedbump at Ulikimi. Our sky shell decided to reform after the RMT patch and give it another try, but just one day a week instead of two.

Without RMT blocking Uli, there's pretty much no other spot they can use in sky to force people to pay them. So, trigger prices in fields are ultra low (if you don't want to farm) and triggers themselves in sky aren't so overcamped as they were.

Last night: 3 x Byakko (two haidatte!), Despot, Uli, & MG. Gil proceeds will fund another run like that, too. All those people wanting haidatte will finally be able to get one!
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

lol Congrats!

My social ls is slowly becoming a sky ls and we just did our first run the other night. We did Zip, Olla and Genbu- got v.claw, g shield, g kabuto and z mitts abjuration. An excellent night for us, considering the last time we were in sky (most of us were in the same endgame shell) we spent 3+ hours not getting anything.

Only real change we noticed was that Despot was being treated as a ground camp. 2-3 (legitimate) shells and one RMT were camping Despot like we were in Dragon's Aery, only without the flies.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

I got sky acess, but I have yet to go up there. Guess I should, but 2 of my 3 fav jobs can't use the stuff up there(Drg and Pup). And my Brd isn't high enough to really benefit.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Yeah, Despot is the new bottleneck for Byakko. Uli can still be camped up pretty hard with every golem slain the instant it pops and people hovering over the ??? ready to slap a trigger on it when it respawns, too. Still, that's so much nicer than standing around for 5H trying to snag Uli in the old way only to watch the RMT warp and claim it the instant it spawns (GMs never did anything).

It depends on when you hunt sky, too. If you go during NA or JP prime time (especially weekends), it's crowded. It's pretty empty during off-hours and mid-week, though.

I really like the buy-triggers method, too. It's like dynamis. Just go have fun doing the real fights and then use the proceeds to fund the next fun trip. Farm a little when you have the inclination, but trying to do the entire area on pure farm is just too frustrating. A new shell can still boot-strap on pure-farm and then shift over to buying some triggers. The key is that with the Uli patch, you aren't *forced* to buy them anymore. It's just an option.

Poor starving RMT. :lol:
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Sky!

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Sky!

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting