Love that hexagun rifle

A place to talk about... anything!
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Love that hexagun rifle

Post by Tinacat »

Was at a gun museum in Cody, WY and had to take a picture of it.
Cardian > puppets
[img]http://www.apricotsoft.com/~mimora/star_/ff11/05out1/05out1_006.jpg[/img]
so great being a grey haired Mithra THF
Gabryel
Tomcat

Post by Gabryel »

Awesome, haha that thing looks insane, Gabi wanna play!!! :lol: :lol:
Rhydia of Caitsith is back! 75WAR, WHM, SMN

"Death is not the end but a gateway to a new beginning."
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Cool, you know where that gun is from and what time? Wonder how it works :?
Sakino
Big Cat

Post by Sakino »

Sugami wrote:Cool, you know where that gun is from and what time? Wonder how it works :?
It's a gun the US had before the system for a repeating rifle was invented. Basically you load all the chambers then as you fire each round, you turn the barrel so you get several shots before you have to reload.
Ph33r th3 b4rd!

[img]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4166/131035531942hl.gif[/img]

"Wealth is an illusion, power is fleeting, but tuna... tuna is REAL!" - Brynmor of Phoenix
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

So it fires out from each barrel and not the middle chamber?
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Sugami wrote:So it fires out from each barrel and not the middle chamber?
I think that's how it goes. Like a Revolver but in rifle form.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Its got percussion caps and it is in a museum in Cody WY....

Post Civil war to 1880s.

If I am reading the pic right, the trigger guard has an extension wich probably means it is a barrel turning lever. May cock the hamer too.

I have a lifelong friend who is a gun nut and gunsmith. Want me to forward this to him for an ID?
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

Well the original picture of this before I resized it, you can see the info on the label they give. It is made around 1870's I think, i am not on the computer where i have the data stored, so i can not look up the rest of the info.

Its got percussion caps and it is in a museum in Cody WY....
I already said i was at the gun museum in Cody, WY

Wonder how it works Confused

I remember someone in game that was pissed, cause the hexaguns didnt shoot 6 rounds at once :rofl:
Cardian > puppets
[img]http://www.apricotsoft.com/~mimora/star_/ff11/05out1/05out1_006.jpg[/img]
so great being a grey haired Mithra THF
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Keavy wrote:I think that's how it goes. Like a Revolver but in rifle form.
Well a revolver shoots from the main barrel but rotates each spinning barrel into positing after the trigger is pulled. This gun isn't quite setup like that.

Chainguns rotate the rotation chamber thing at high speeds and fire out of a single barrel where the minigun fires out of all barrels.

I'm trying to figure out which one it is closest too :lol: most likely a revolver without a "main" barrel due to the time period it's from, the hole in the centre is just due to position of the barrels I take it.

I'm pissed that the Hexagun sucks so much, delay is nice but damage is pathetic. Need a better hexagun dammit!
Hexagun Slug using sushi - 400-600
Martial Gun Slug same good - 500-700
Martial Gun using meat - 600-800

I broke 900 with one or two BRD songs on me :lol: better gear (pahluwan) and update will enable me to use meat with a much higher accuracy and probably better damage to boot.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Tina I was using the location to atempt to help date the piece.

Cody WY, home of Buffalo Bill Cody. Last time I was there it was all about either the rise of the wild west or about BB's Wild West Show.

So my educated guess was if it wasn't used in the show, it was made before 1880.

BA history and sometimes a bit obsesive is all.... :oops:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Love that hexagun rifle

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Love that hexagun rifle

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт