Legal Age is now 20

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Legal Age is now 20

Post by Pheonixhawk »

The drinking age for Marines in Okinawa Japan is now 20. I am 19, my I.D card says im 20, and I turn 20 in December. But guess what? Im still not gonna drink. I think this policy is a bad one because now even more people can get drunk and stupid. Belive me when I say that Marines + Alchohol = trouble. What most people do as a common mistake when they start drinking, is they believe that you can drink one, wait a few minutes, and then drink another. But alcohol doesnt hit you until you actually stand up and go "whoa." I mean honestly, if you telling your friend to stop moving, and he's just sitting there... you may of had too much to drink. Now out of curiosity, I was wondering why people even drink in the first place? I get the same stupid reson of "It gives me a buzz, or it's relaxing" but is it truly worth it? Is the buzz so good, that you risk harming yourself or others?
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Light weight :P
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

When I was a teen, way back in the neolithic era, I lived in New York and the drinking age was 18. Not that you needed to actually BE 18 to get served in bars, I was drinking in bars at 15.

At 17 and 18 while in AFROTC we got served hard drinks in the officer's clubs while touring bases in states where the drinking age was 21.

Its not really just Marines + Alchohol = trouble, its more like macho American teens + Alchohol = trouble. Remember here you drink to show that you are an adult. Then disprove it by not knowing how to handle alcohol.

The way we handle drinking laws in this country is abreant and ridiciclous. European countries have a much better approach, and far lower rates of alcoholisim to prove it.

Actually I was younger than 5 when I first had alcohol. Being Jewish, I had the traditional four cups of wine at Passover as soon as I could drink out of an actual wine glass. OK, it wasn't much wine and it was watered down. This is a sneaky way the adults get the kids to bed early so they can party after the Seder. It is also an effective innoculation against alcoholism. There is nothing like a sweet wine hangover.

As a teen I had nothing to prove by drinking. I didn't do it to prove I was an adult, after all I had been drinking as a religous duty on several holidays for a decade by then.

Heck, on Purim it is a mitzvah, or offical good deed, the kind that goes down in that big book in the sky, to get drunk. I highly recommend Purim.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I agree, "Light-weight" hehe
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

why do you keep saying lite-wieght?
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Light-weights cant hold their booze.

But thse bright enough to know it are not light weight.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

When I was a teen, way back in the neolithic era, I lived in New York and the drinking age was 18. Not that you needed to actually BE 18 to get served in bars, I was drinking in bars at 15.
LOL, that reminds me of the time I flew out to NY. I was a Jr. in High-School at the time, 16 or 17, iirc. 17, I think. Anyway, I was on my own for the trip. On ariving at the hotel, this guy asked me "Wanna get a drink?", gesturing at the hotel bar.

I was kinda nonplussed -- took me two or three blinks before I realized that the suggestion probably wasn't quite as bad as "hi there lil' kidde, wanna take a ride in my big black van?" NY drinking age was 18 compared to 21 in CA. Even kids can't tell the difference between like 16-19. Still wonder if he was hitting on me. He was at least twice my age.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

I've tasted a few things here and there. Gotten mildly to very(I think) buzzed, but never quite drunk. Alcohol in general tastes nasty. Beer is right out, and vodka tastes like rubbing alcohol smells. Only thing I ever drank that I didn't have a negative or neutral reaction to was something called Bacardi Silver O 3....or something.

A friend called a fruity girly drink as he and his buddies were attempting to drain a keg. >.>; Anyways, every male on my dad's side of the family that did not die of old age, died from alcohol. I never even knew my grandfather because my grandmother divorced him when my dad was only 5 for being a drunken lout.

In moderation, alcoholic beverages are ok. The problem American's seem to have is we have very little worth drinking, and most of our population that does drink does not know the meaning of the word moderation...
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:I agree, "Light-weight" hehe
*high-fives Ka-chan* :lol:
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Its not about not being able to hold thier booze. Its about them drinking until they cant hold anymore. EVENTUALLY even the heavy weight drinkers have to give in at a certian amount. Marines don't stop until they are completely wasted, both heavy and light-weight. Now if you referring to me, then I have no idea. I have never drank alcohol *unless certain foods I ate had some in it, and I just didn't know about it. Wine etc etc.* and I sure don't ever plan too.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

*unless certain foods I ate had some in it, and I just didn't know about it.
bread dough would be about the only common example.
Cardian > puppets
[img]http://www.apricotsoft.com/~mimora/star_/ff11/05out1/05out1_006.jpg[/img]
so great being a grey haired Mithra THF
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Legal Age is now 20

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Legal Age is now 20

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт