Now I see what you mean.

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Now I see what you mean.

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I was wondering why people say don't post anything on Allakazham.com. And now I Know why. Its like troll kingdom over there :lol: I mean the only topics that werent flamed were one's that were basically, well useless. Still a good place for some info though. Err..just not thier forums. :D

edited June 1: changed spelling to Kingdom. ^^
Last edited by Pheonixhawk on Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Stockyboy
Big Cat

Post by Stockyboy »

Allakhazam fails. Somepage onry.
Mr. T pitties the fool, Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off, I /poke the fool.
Haubegeon: O
Hauberk: O
Drk75/War43/Nin60/Blm37/Thf37(DONE YES!)/Whm32/Drg22/Smn16/Rdm66/Bst18/Mnk10/Brd33/Pld11
All others not unlocked or not leveled ^^^
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c302/stockyboy/USSRallyourcookie-1.png[/img]
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Hate to say it Stocky, but Somepage is woefully behind on a lot of info in regards to the new areas (and still some CoP stuff too) and they lack input from people who've actually DONE the BCNMs and other such events. =\

That being said, those are the only reasons I bother to go to Alla at all, lol. I always check Somepage first. :lol:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Stockyboy
Big Cat

Post by Stockyboy »

True indeed, they are behind, which is why Mysterytour is good ^_^/

But if i ever need to know about a BCNM i ask my LS if they've done it >_>a
Mr. T pitties the fool, Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off, I /poke the fool.
Drk75/War43/Nin60/Blm37/Thf37(DONE YES!)/Whm32/Drg22/Smn16/Rdm66/Bst18/Mnk10/Brd33/Pld11
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c302/stockyboy/USSRallyourcookie-1.png[/img]
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Mysterytour ftw :2thumb:
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Re: Now I see what you mean.

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Pheonixhawk wrote:I was wondering why people say don't post anything on Allakazham.com. And now I Know why. Its like troll kingdonw over there :lol:
:shock: :shock: :o

Sorry, the trolls on Alla fail miserably at the job. GameFAQs has, and always will have, the best trolls on any FFXI board. Well a few lame ones too.

They RATE the trolling efforts there on a 1 - 10 scale. They are harsh graders, but even so a few posts have won 11/10 and 12/10 ratings.

Its pretty safe to post on Alla's Race forums. Not useful for anything in game save venting, but safe.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Mysterytour is my favorite resource on the new areas and crafting recipes, definetly.

About Alla, the main forum is pretty hit or miss but I've always found the Job and Server forums to be helpful and supportive. The Red Mage forum has alot of veteran players who are willing to help out up and coming players; give advice, explain how a spell works and suggest gear for example with very very little down talking or rampant trolling. The other job forums are the same from what I've seen.

The parent company that owns IGE bought Alla and a lot of the old posters jumped the forum to other sites. The Alla Admins insist that thier stance against RMT hasn't/won't change but alot of players were/are skeptical.

Compared to some forums I've browsed through Alla is less likely to attract idiots or annoying trolls like Gamefaqs or KI, but they do have their fair share. Good source for your daily dose of drama, its better then day time tv :D
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

If their stance hasnt changed why get bought out by IGE, If they dont like RMT why advertise it? That not only goes for Alla but somepage as well. Still though I understand web site costs and needing ads to pay for them.

Alla=SUCKS. Period. there was only one thread I found useful, it was for the NPC Quests/Info. I go to somepage alot and mysterytour alot. The other website I absolutly love is FFXI Atlas. I soloed a staging point thanks to them.

But one note, Alla=Troll Kingdom. Period. :D
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

You guys think the forums on Alla.com suck so bad, try going to KillingIfrit.com and see some of their forums, they have the nastiest flaming forums I have ever seen. The info you find on that site isn't that good either.
Stockyboy
Big Cat

Post by Stockyboy »

KI is good, and you can have fun with the trolls, i like making sarcastic remarks in english slang and seeing if they understand XD
Undine
Tomcat

Post by Undine »

Allakazham {too weak}

Mysterytour {Yes, please}

that sums it up for you lol
Charaters: Undine- Caitsith, Shika- Alexander/Unicorn, Celsius- Cerberus

[url=http://www.nationstates.net/windurst1]Visit the ture windurst ^^![/url]

[img]http://test256.free.fr/UN%20Cards/catgirls4hn.jpg[/img]
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

Shirai wrote:Mysterytour ftw :2thumb:
ditto :2thumb:
THF50/NIN25 [color=green]([/color]Mithra[color=red])[/color]

[color=red]Clothcraft: 82.0+2[/color] [color=green]([/color]Adept[color=red])[/color]
[color=blue]Leathercraft: 60.0[/color] [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Goldsmithing: 48.0 [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Smithing: 19.0 [color=green]([/color]Recruit[color=red])[/color]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

The quests and mob lists on Alla are quite good, but Mysterytour is better if you can read their Engrish.

Stockyboy, are a lot of the posters on KI non native English speakers? I seem to never go there even though I have it bookmarked.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

dont get me started on KillingIfrit. I didnt know it existed til an incident almost a year ago which shall remain nameless. you dont tear someone a new arse hole on a forum they dont even know about plain and simple.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Stockyboy
Big Cat

Post by Stockyboy »

Yeah...there's a lot of different people, including German, French, Finnish etc

Sometimes they kinda get the piss ripped out of them by the spelling nazis XD
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Stockyboy wrote:KI is good, and you can have fun with the trolls, i like making sarcastic remarks in english slang and seeing if they understand XD
:lol: KI has some nice people, if you ask a sensible question politely you should get one or two nice informative answers and if you're lucky they're flame each other :P

The Video forum is good, just a lot of people patting each other on the back :D

Basically any forum that is widely used by the ignorant masses is prone to flaming and trolls, not really anything you can do about it but ignore it.

And they advertise RMT because they want money, simple as that. May not agree with the advert but if they get paid they don't care.
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

:? you cats are right about the TROLLS on alla and KI. The only stuff I read on either of those is quest/mission info. Half the time it isn't right. I always talk to people ingame who have done the quest for advice as well.
Somepage is handy for looking up those rare/ex items you randomly get when out exping or doing LS events, I also like the crafting chart. It is a pitty somepage is so behind on CoP and ToAU quests/missions. :(
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Sakino
Big Cat

Post by Sakino »

Every board has a troll or another. The larger the message board, the more trolls are normally present.
Ph33r th3 b4rd!

[img]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4166/131035531942hl.gif[/img]

"Wealth is an illusion, power is fleeting, but tuna... tuna is REAL!" - Brynmor of Phoenix
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Nice siggy, Sakino :P
That from the Tribute video?
Sakino
Big Cat

Post by Sakino »

Sugami wrote:Nice siggy, Sakino :P
That from the Tribute video?
Yep. :wink:

Bard power!
Ph33r th3 b4rd!

"Wealth is an illusion, power is fleeting, but tuna... tuna is REAL!" - Brynmor of Phoenix
Kistala
Tomcat

Post by Kistala »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:If their stance hasnt changed why get bought out by IGE, If they dont like RMT why advertise it? That not only goes for Alla but somepage as well. Still though I understand web site costs and needing ads to pay for them.
Alla didn't get bought by IGE. There is a corporation that is NOT IGE or Alla, which owns both IGE and Allakhazam. We clear on the fine points of who owns who now? As for why they would allow themselves to be bought, a major reason is that there is financial security in being part of a corporation. They won't suddenly be screwed if memberships are low for a month or two or some such. And as for the ads, I think someoe else controls the ad content, I don't know.
"Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Currently: PLD69/WAR34 tank
PLD69/RDM34 soloer
Sakino
Big Cat

Post by Sakino »

Kistala wrote:
KarouKaniyashia wrote:If their stance hasnt changed why get bought out by IGE, If they dont like RMT why advertise it? That not only goes for Alla but somepage as well. Still though I understand web site costs and needing ads to pay for them.
Alla didn't get bought by IGE. There is a corporation that is NOT IGE or Alla, which owns both IGE and Allakhazam. We clear on the fine points of who owns who now? As for why they would allow themselves to be bought, a major reason is that there is financial security in being part of a corporation. They won't suddenly be screwed if memberships are low for a month or two or some such. And as for the ads, I think someoe else controls the ad content, I don't know.
I thought IGE and Somepage were owned by the same company, not IGE and Alakazam?
Ph33r th3 b4rd!

Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sakino wrote:
Kistala wrote:
I thought IGE and Somepage were owned by the same company, not IGE and Alakazam?
Hehe speaking of mergers. EB Games x Gamestop. For A While we all thought it was gonna be Gamestop who annexed out EB Games. I learned from my friend it will be GAMESTOP (WAHOOO~) who gets annexed out. Gamestop is already using EB's receipts.
MittensValefor
Big Cat

Post by MittensValefor »

http://www.vanaguide.com/ another alternative.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
http://www.allpeopleeverywhere.com/
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Now I see what you mean.

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо