Saying goodbye to an old friend

A place to talk about... anything!
Ishe
Tomcat

Saying goodbye to an old friend

Post by Ishe »

Many of you already know this, those that don't will find out very fast, but one of our family members is leaving the family ;_; Left, actually. Past tense. Firemyst has reached the point (a point we will all reach sooner or later) where the cons associated with Final Fantasy XI outweighed the pros. Although the announcement was rather sudden, I got the feeling that he was going to leave the game for the past few weeks. But that's ok. We all have to leave sometime. And I wish Firemyst the best in all his endevours; we all do.

I'm writing this for all the kitties whom shared a connection with Firemyst (Ranruriko, I'm looking in your direction) who were not around to see Firefire off or to say goodbye. You know who you are; and if you know Firemyst you know good and well how to get in contact with him. Anyway, we all had a great big mithrrra pride gathering in windurst woods complete with a *very* impressive fireworks display (I alone burned through like 7 stacks lol) and some very touching words...and of course the traditional naked mithra parade ^^

I got lots of screenshots of the going away party, but sadly none were with fraps and all the colors are dark and muddy >< I'm going to try to clean them up, adjust the contrast and whatnot and send them to Golddess; maybe we could add a little Firemyst tribute section to the screenshot Gallery, just an idea. Hmm, I think that's all I wanted to say. It's been an emotional evening. Peace out, you hip hipsters.

*edit: I also want to add that I hope Fire's departure does not inspire anyone else to leave our tight little family. We have suffered enough loss for one day =(
maryadavies
Tomcat

Post by maryadavies »

Awwww!

I'm gonna miss him. And don't worry; I'm not leaving until I'm good and tired of playing.

I'm still going to miss him in game. And I'm sorry I missed it; it's been hard for me to get on lately :cry:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/maryadavies/Mary.jpg[/img]
~~Also known as Elizara ([url=http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?11530]WHM/BLM, I'll help if ya ask![/url])

[url=http://maffcode.vze.com]My FF Code[/url]
Mod on [url=http://oneroomstudios.illuminata7.net/ffxi/boards/]Kopopo's Opo-pos[/url], a new FFXI board. Come on over!
Sirc
Tomcat

Post by Sirc »

:shock: Bummer. Sorry to hear that Firemyst has left. And I'm also sorry that I missed the going away party. :(

Good luck Firemyst! :)
Sirc [Rank 2] - Lvl 25 MNK, 15 WAR, 15 THF
ranruriko
Kitten RanRan

Post by ranruriko »

:cry:

I don't know what to do now.
My little break from the game looks like it may get a lot longer.
:(
FFXIV:
Ranruriko Nekogami
CNJ: 8
CUL: 6

FFXI:
Ranruriko / Windurst : Rank 6.1
Main jobs: 65 WHM/37 BLM/28 THF/27WAR
Minor Jobs: 7 RNG/5 RDM/25 SMN
Crafting: Fishing 11/Cooking 38
Obtained: BST NIN PLD BRD DRK SAM BLU COR PUP
CoP: Minotaur needed
ToAU: Need to kill Plague Chigoe NM
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Thanks Ishe... I've been trying to say something here for two days now, but there's nothing I can say, is there... I feel so lonely. I'd never been a part of such a caring group. Thank you, one and all, for making my time in Vana'diel unforgettable.

I love you all, and I miss you. :cry:
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Ginal
Kitten

Post by Ginal »

I didn't know Myst for long, or even very well, but I still thought he was really cool. I'll miss you Myst. *blows a kiss* Take care of yourself.
What do we live for, if not to make life less difficult for others?
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

Well it looks like we are going to have to change this to a Welcome Back Firemyst!! post since it seems that he was able to work things out :D I for one am a happy cat to have Firemyst back :) though we may not see him as much :wink:
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Sirc
Tomcat

Post by Sirc »

Yes! I was surprised and happy to see Fire on the server last night. I have no idea why he left, or if it was a sensitive issue, so I just kept my mouth shut. :wink:

Welcome back! :D
Sirc [Rank 2] - Lvl 25 MNK, 15 WAR, 15 THF
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Well, the reasons were...
1) My spouse hates the time the game takes. I think the static party pushed it too far.
2) It didn't feel right to pay to play when I wasn't working.
3) I wasn't able not to play, instead of working (or trying to find work). ^^;;
4) The time it takes to progress grows exponentially.

All these things have been addressed, except #4. I may not level, and I may, I don't know what I really want to do, if anything. I simply came back because I missed everyone. ^^
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Saying goodbye to an old friend

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Saying goodbye to an old friend

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting