What is the best way to make gil

A place to talk about... anything!
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Prrsha wrote: The real reason why people are broke is because they are lazy. Instead of doing the footwork needed to obtain their needed items for cheaper (or even free) they allow themselves to get ripped off at the AH. They then whine and complain about how SE and FFXI sucks because they have no money in the game and defend their "rights" to buy gil. The problem is not with the game but the people in it (who set the prices). It's your own fault if you buy the overpriced items and you contribute to them being overpriced in the first place.
Bingo,

People like this make players like me very happy. I have made the bulk of my money in every mmo I play in this fashion. One of the things I currently do in WoW when I bother to log in, I have several vendors who sell me recipie's at 18silver each, it is a limited item but not too limited I usually round up 2 of each a day, one when I am heading out to hunt, one coming back. I turn around and sell each of these for 8 ~ 15 gold each on the AH and people buy them every day without fail. They are not even particularly hard vendor's to get too. In the end I make hundreds of gold per day for about a total of 10 minutes of my time.

I did the exact same thing in FFXI with spells and some items. Heck What really blew me away was 3 of the spells I was selling for 3 to 4k gil profit each on in jeuno I purchased from the spell shop not 20 feet from the AH, It honestly really redefined lazy people.
Crispleaf
Housecat

Re: What is the best way to make gil

Post by Crispleaf »

LostDream wrote:can anyone give me information on the best way to make gil? Im very pour and need alot of gil to support the growning needs of a lv28 rdm
If you don't plan on leveling ninja, you can do 3 profitable ninja scroll quests:
Tonko: Ichi, Hojo: Ichi, and Utsusemi: Ichi (probably the most prized). Since you can use Sneak (for Tonko and Utsu) and Invisible (for Hojo) as a red mage, you should be able to do these easily.

First, you'll need to be able to get to Kahzam (which you can probably do, but if you can't, you'll need to do the Kazham airship quest).

Next, you'll need to get Tenshodo fame. The most popular ways to do this is either turning in Yagudo Necklaces in Windurst or Zinc Ore in Bastok. Yagudo Necklaces are easy to obtain in Saruta and Giddeus. Zinc can be mined safely in Zerhun Mines. Either way, you'll need to trade 108 of them to get enough fame.

Once you get enough fame, get over to Norg in the Sea Serpent Grotto and pick up the three quests. Two of them involve sneaking around Sea Serpent Grotto and the other involves finding a ??? spot in Yhoater Jungle. Prices may vary on different servers, but doing all 3 on Alexander will get you almost a million gil.
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I don't think I will ever do NIN scroll quests for the Gil even though I don't know if I will ever even unlock the job. Someday I might want to and then I will want those scrolls.

But people have done those with mules. Most start in Bastok and trade Zinc in, then take the mules out for Kazam keys, then to Norg. Having a second account helps but getting a partner will work as well. Takes about a day more if zinc is in short supply.

Other tricks for temporary mules: Windurst, first two Star Onion quests. About 5 mins, you get a Justice badge and a scroll of Blaze spikes. Bastok, Warp Scroll quest, takes Fame 2. Do the Elvaan Goldsmith untill she asks for silver, at that point you have Fame 2 and can talk to Unlucky Rat in the Metalworks. Cheaper but longer would be What's for Lunch and the Flint stone one. San d'Oria's best Gil maker would be the Friar's Rope one, again Fame 2, but if you know Sandy quests, you can make Gil getting to that level. However in San d'Oria is the Drain Scroll quest. You must be Rank 2 and on 2 - 3 before you can start it. I have 3 other characters who will never study Black Magic, soooo.... I also have 3 mules at Rank 2. What I lack is free time.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tifachan
Kitten

Post by Tifachan »

On Bismarck, I'm always running around Tahrongi Canyon farming Beehive Chips and stealing Saruta Cotton. And there is the occassional Air Elementals that I take Wind Clusters from. Much faster if you use a ranged weapon.

Only problem on Bismarck is the prices have been going up or down. Supply and Demand stuff...

I'm gonna try harvesting in Giddeus or go to Kon. Highlands.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/Xenoheart/drkkaori.jpg[/img]
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Tivia wrote:Well I found the most profitable was reselling. Buying stuff off of people or merchants or even in the AH in one city and relisting the item elsewhere for more. I started out with a scant 100 gil and just worked my way up from there, a few months later I was selling items that netted 50k+ in profit alone.

Outside that gardening is quite profitable..but it is fairly tedious

Fishing, profitable if you know where to go and the bait to use. Even at the height of the botter boom where fishing was crap everywhere I knew of a few places where I could regularly pull 10 to 12 stacks of moat carp in 4 hours or so, which was a tidy profit at 4k a stack.

*For the record a Certain fishing pole that is regarded as the second best to the Lu Shang's is at best overrated. I personally tested it extensively against a composite and I found the catch to loss ratio was exactlly the same.*
I usually take what extra money I have left and buy items from vendors (not guilds because that isn't very nice). Then place a coulle on the AH and then place a mule near the AH with the price lower on the mule than on the AH. It never fails.

So instead of just sitting on a 400K nestegg, I can make into a 600K nestegg by having my mule sell items while I am not actively playing the game. I just set it up before going to bed, check it before going to work, and when i get home from work.

I buy items you can only get in one city (sandy) and sell them in one city that doesn't have that item (bastock) and I make only 2K per item sold, it costs about 8k for the item I buy. So I end up with a nice profit margin and people in bastock are happy cause they are getting some items at below AH prices!!! win-win
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Kotomo
Tomcat

Post by Kotomo »

Lets see....well for a while I found making a stack bronze ingots to be profitable. I discovered while lvling some low lvl jobs so Firecrystals were almost always free. So if I ever collected a stack of fire crystals I would go and make Bronze ingots. Cost about 1K for the ingredients and they sold in San'd Oria for about 9-10K. I didn't need very high lvl smithing either to do it almost without fail, only lvl 2.

Though now I've moved onto to fishing for moat carp with a clothespole. I can probably catch about 2 stacks of carp with 4 stacks of insect balls and if they are selling for 5K that's 8K profit. I may also catch extra moat carp that I hang onto for the next time I go fishing so next time I could wind up with 3 stacks of moat carp.
[img]http://kotomo.is-a-geek.org/pics/kotomo_signature2.jpg[/img]
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/jackrabbit62][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/os/type/2/jackrabbit62.png[/img][/url]
Rohenda
Kitten

Post by Rohenda »

Jae wrote:Rohenda's BC
i believe it drops Leaping Boots now..
so good luck
currently BC items.. even though leaping boots have rare/ex....
its 1M+ @ AH
Also theres a trick to this BCNM(from what i heard.. if u use blinding potion to blind urself.. ull never get petrified... but ppl say its not worth it cause u wont be hitting anything... I actually did this to avoid when i was doing BC40 Under Observation.. I couldnt hit anything with all +1 gear and food)

luckily i invested my money on those to help out someone ^^;
bought okote,leaping,hairpin for someone and now price went up ^^
Yea the petrify is an annoyance once got strategy pinned down we never lost even if they petrified, it wears off fast. Also Leaping boots should still sell a bit even with the rare/ex variet cos people want WInged boots.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

i sell scrolls i dont need/or are going to use.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

My soul is tainted by the evils of how I made money, but I shall tell you since now it is no longer profitable. For the longest time I've had a mule in Bastok just running things to AH for me, and the extra storage. Untill one day I found out a stack of Bronze Sheets for 120-60 per sheet, can go for 3k on AH. That's like 1.7k profit off of a very high demand item. I could make 10k a day for free or so with no work at all.

I know 10k a day wasn't much, but I did it for months. And I'm lazy, so the no work needed part caught my attention. Sadly though, Squeenix changed the price calculations at the Guilds, so trying that trick now is alot harder. ^.^; Back to farming bee bits and Yagudo jewelry.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting