massive d/cs from my ISP

A place to talk about... anything!
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

massive d/cs from my ISP

Post by Karou Ariyen »

yes this is the 40th time comcast has d/ced me in the last 18 hours. I have no way to contact anyone ingame either or on the net ><
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Did you call them up and see what's going on?
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

See if you can get to your default gateway. If you can do a nslookup on any website and see if you get a reply.

If you do not then you can get outside the local network in your area.

If you can take the IP that you get in return and see if you are dropping packets when connecting to them. If you drop 25% or more packets that could cause your connection to drop.
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/The-Master-Thief.png[/img]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

comcast had a fire at a gateway facility that contains internet service equipment. The local news stated that The Fire was out and damage is heavy. BUT Comcast insists that it never happened and that the intranet is working fine and that when the ping my modem, it comes up as "no internet" but that, its probobly a faulty ping. --;
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Sounds to me like Comcast is busily trying to cover their asses. And making you pay the cost for it, in a roundabout way. =\
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

they tell me that becuase i dont work for them I dont know jack about networking..... excuse me while i introduce them to my networking instructors who have passed me every fugging class I take!
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Ain't that the fucking truth, eh? All businesses are like that. "You don't work for us, so you don't know sh*t." Excuse me while I shove your face in the details of the sh*t that I don't know!!! :x

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Nobodyreal
Housecat

Post by Nobodyreal »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:comcast had a fire at a gateway facility that contains internet service equipment. The local news stated that The Fire was out and damage is heavy. BUT Comcast insists that it never happened and that the intranet is working fine and that when the ping my modem, it comes up as "no internet" but that, its probobly a faulty ping. --;
Funny, that's similar to why I tossed my DSL.

The phone company managed to lose a piece of equipment roughly the size of a minivan. It's not that it went down and they were having trouble bringing it back up, they physically could not find it. It wiped out half of the DSL service in my city for a couple of days.
[img]http://users.sisna.com/mschild/graphics/ffxisig.jpg[/img]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

HOW DO YOU LOSE A MINIVAN SIZED MODEM MACHINE :shock: :? :o
Nobodyreal
Housecat

Post by Nobodyreal »

I wish I knew. I really do.
[img]http://users.sisna.com/mschild/graphics/ffxisig.jpg[/img]
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

That's a damned good question. I drove a minivan for a short while...I couldn't even lose it at the mall. And I lose everything I park there. >.<

Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

(tangent)

a friend of mine used to have a chevi astro, he couldnt lose that thing even if he paid someone to drive off with it.

(/tangent)
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
sakono
Housecat

Post by sakono »

bah.. if comcaste isn't droping me and my friend off ffxi then the router is droping the wireless to the comps here.. now that i got it back up the conection speed is around a fucking 56k modem.. wtf is going on?
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

i'll tell you

"Thank you for calling Comcast Digital Services. We hope you enjoyed the ass raping we gave you, due to our own idiocy of pretending that service fire never happened. We were comeplete dumbasses we got hit with that worm virus and didnt bother to inform our customers. We hope you continue to kiss our asses."

-- :evil:
sakono
Housecat

Post by sakono »

but ass cable is the only thing at this place and i aint paying for dsl or droping lower cause we don't have a phone line...i'm stuck with it..

bad thing is i think or hub is dieing..
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: massive d/cs from my ISP

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: massive d/cs from my ISP

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru