The way to win...

A place to talk about... anything!
Jaela
Tomcat

The way to win...

Post by Jaela »

Just wanted to tell everyone the secret to winning BCNM50 Balga's Dias "Treasures and Tribulaitons"
When you enter the BC, you see three chests:
Small Chest
Medium Chest
Large Chest
The way to figure out which one is the correct one to pick (the one without the mimics, but with the treasure) Is to stand near the chests and pan the camera so that you can see inside the chests, the two incorrect chests are the same color, and shouldnt be chosen~
Also~ Ive noticed that Mimics have a Better chance of spawning in the Smaller Chest, about 41% of the time and i would say the other two chests spawn mimics about 19% of the time.
If you cannot pan the camera into the chests, just pick Medium or Large. Its safer~

Post Opinions below~
Back to FFXI, Hades! Level 55 Thief! Glee!
[img]http://img293.echo.cx/img293/3043/jaela3ez.jpg[/img]
xAsharahx
Kitten

Post by xAsharahx »

O.O sneaky. Makes me wish i hadnt wasted my seals on that 60 Orb i now have sitting static ;_; ... ive been on 2 trys for 60 on the Demolition squad i think it was at Horlais Peak.

Both times the mages didnt have Sleepaga II :?: and of course we got a kicking.

Fortunatly it wasnt my Orb. :lol: .. But thats a different issue entirely :P

Thanks for the info i know where my next 50 Orbs are going Astral Ring is 30% chance if i remember what someone in my LS said.
Kirikaneko... 5 WAR
Asharah .. PLD 64 , DRG 54 Seraphian Kitty Rank: 9-1

AF: PLD : Complete DRG: Body, Head needed

ZM: 4 ><
CoP: Holla O Mea O Dem O

Other shells: Purrfectpals
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Can you maybe give us a picture of what to be looking for? :?
Jaela
Tomcat

Post by Jaela »

Two of the chests have the same colored insides, dont pick the two that have the same colored insides, pick the other.
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Jaela wrote:Two of the chests have the same colored insides, dont pick the two that have the same colored insides, pick the other.
But what exactly does this insides look like? Are they just one solid color?
Jaela
Tomcat

Post by Jaela »

Pretty much~
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

I personally tried this and all the boxes look exactly the same from where I was looking, I demand some kind of tutorial showing which ones a fake.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

PC onry maybe?
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Prrsha wrote:PC onry maybe?
I am on the PC.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Hmmm...
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

I've heard this rumor before and I've heard people denounce it too.

I haven't done this BCNM but I think 50 seals is too much to waste on a superstition ;) My advice is, if you want an Astral Ring, go for the 20 8) You can bring a party that can always win the BCNM20 if you bring the right jobs. You'll usually get junk, but you won't be spending as many seals, and you'll have more chances to get the covetted ring.

You only have a 1 in 3 chance of getting the treasure in the BCNM50, and even if you do guess correctly, you may not get an Astral Ring or even anything valuable for that matter. I think it's too much to put at stake.
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: The way to win...

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: The way to win...

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru