Suggestions for BCMN40s

Dukuji
Mad Cat

Suggestions for BCMN40s

Post by Dukuji »

:?: Well, I'm a level 40 warrior now and I have about 200 seals that I'm dying to use. (I sure hope that won't be literal. :| ) What are some good BCMN40s that a War/Nin could do? Also, my ninja will be approaching 40 soon as well. Are there any good BCMN 40's for a Nin/War?

Thank you for your replies. :)
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

I recently posted about what I discovered worked reliably on the 3 person BCNM40 in Fei'Yin (there's also a 6 person there too, that's why I stress the 3 ;) ).

And I also said there was a lot of bad advice out there from people who spout theory without actually trying.

At the risk of being hypocritical, I offer an untested theory :D

Hand-to-hand damage is really what hurts the skeleton. Monks are a good choice by virtue that they specialize in hand-to-hand combat. The non-monk damage dealers that have tried fighting the skeleton never had hand-to-hand combat skilled up enough, if at all. So they used other weapons, but they weren't as good. That's why I recommend a monk.

However...

Ninja and warriors, could skill up in hand-to-hand if they really wanted to.

If you used monk as a level 20 subjob, not only could you use that as a way to skill-up hand-to-hand halfway, but you could use the passive monk Martial Arts ability during the BCNM.

Once you've mastered hand-to-hand, up to something reasonable that a level 40 warrior or ninja could use (preferably a warrior), I honestly believe you could take the role of damage dealer in the BCNM. You'd still need a Paladin tank and a Red Mage healer.

Again, this isn't tested. But I don't see why it wouldn't work.
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
Sivara
Big Cat

Post by Sivara »

I've succeeded at Royal Jelly (Waughroon Shrine) several times as a WAR. It's not a tough one if you have another DD and a healer.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

An alternative for people who persue classes that are not optimal for BCNM's. For instance, I'm a drg. As far as Promy missions go and stuff, I will have to sell my soul to go. BCNM is almost right out. So I plan on soloing BCNM50 Giddeus.

Suicide you call it? Yes. Which is why I will be using Prism Powders and silent oils and going as my lvl 4 bst. 1/3 chance of free stuff? {Yes please.}
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Sivara
Big Cat

Post by Sivara »

Eviticus, you can fill in a DD role in Royal Jelly. Firemyst, Golddess, and I have beaten RJ a few times - even once when the Queen Jelly took form!

As for Promys, just look at Liohs, who donned Shade gear and conquered Promyvion-Dem. Granted, getting in an alliance will be tough because too many people believe in "WAR-NIN-RNG-WHM-BLM-SMN ONLY OMGWTFLOL."
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

In 2 out of 2 Promys I've tried with a black mage, they couldn't keep themselves from spamming nukes on the boss. Naturally, the boss would come over to visit the black mage who's naturally standing with the other mages... like the white mage who's keeping the tanks alive... Then the boss showed its gratitude by doing an area attack on all the mages, leading to the eventual death of everyone. :cry: Two seperate mages on two seperate Promys. It was uncanny.

It was like they got overwhelmed with an irresistable urge, or something :? They were well behaved all the way up till when they saw the final boss, and then they snapped!

Needless to say, I don't invite them to Promys anymore :P
Rise of Zilart Completed
Sugarpie
Big Cat

Post by Sugarpie »

nin/mnk with h2h on BCNM 40 in Fei'yen wouldn't work, no provoke as in the mages die
war/mnk maybe but nothing is as good as a mnk/war
Me Prrsha nd Redclaw do BCNM 20 (which gives Astral ring ^.^) we are 2/3 so far because first time i went as ninja and second time i tanked as MNK

40's i have always failed on because nobody knows what they were doing
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/Tanvarin/sugar-sig.png[/img]
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

Sugarpie wrote:nin/mnk with h2h on BCNM 40 in Fei'yen wouldn't work, no provoke as in the mages die
war/mnk maybe but nothing is as good as a mnk/war
The three I normally recommend for the BCNM are:
pld/war tank
mnk/war damage dealer
rdm/blm healer

What I was suggesting to Dukuji is that a nin/mnk or war/mnk, if they skilled up in hand-to-hand, might be able to replace the monk/warrior damage dealer, not the paladin/warrior tank. The paladin should never be replaced with anything, as far as I'm concerned.

But if that's what you thought I meant, then I should point out there's no reason for the nin/mnk to have Provoke with the Paladin around. There are a lot of bad Paladins out there, I'll admit, but one that does his or her job will not lose hate in this BCNM to the healer. A monk who finished a Fusion skillchain, maybe, but not the healer ;)

I do agree with you that a monk is the best choice for damage dealer.
Rise of Zilart Completed
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Suggestions for BCMN40s

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Suggestions for BCMN40s

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting