How to perform desynthesis

bliss
Kitten

How to perform desynthesis

Post by bliss »

Hihi ....

Was wondering how to perform desynthesis?
Can anyone enlighten me ... thanks meow.

Bliss
>>> No one gets out of life, alive <<<
Starian
Kitten

Post by Starian »

I'm pretty sure it's

Lightning Crystal + The item you want to desynth
Original picture from the one in my avatar [url=http://members.cox.net/starian1234/natu194.jpg]click here.[/url]
[url=http://members.cox.net/starian1234/Mememe.jpg]My Lineage II Character[/url]
[url=http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?65466]My Kitty[/url]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Forrr the most part, yes. Sometimes wind is used as well though.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Easiest desynths I know.

Yagudo Necklace + wind = 3 grass thread Caps at cloth 2

Yagudo Necklace + lightning = copper ingot caps at Goldsmith 1 or 2, I forget.

Snyth and desynth recipies at:

http://mysterytour.web.infoseek.co.jp/f ... index.html
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Prier
Kitten

Post by Prier »

Cool thanks for info 8) :2thumb: :angel:
Behold the power of Love Hina Annex.
My motto is I will protect my party members from harm with Prier and his mule.
Lothiriel
Kitten

Post by Lothiriel »

A bit more information on desynthesis from my experience:

When you're near the cap or far above the cap, success rate is generally constant at about 50%, and some say success rate actually drops at higher skill levels. I usually lose the object I'm trying to desynth about half the time I get a failure.

Chance of HQ for desynthesis is much higher than it is for normal synths, and you will find that for every desynth you succeed at, you will HQ about half of those.

Due to the high failure rate, it's generally not beneficial to try to desynth a skillup item to get materials back. For example, scorpion rings desynth into scorpion shells. For every four attempts at desynth, you will generally get back one shell (~1600 gil), lose 2 rings and 4 lightning crystals total. NPC sellback price for the rings is about 600 gil. So you might as well sell all the rings to NPCs and not waste the time. Of course, sometimes you'll get lucky and get back more shells, but sometimes you won't get back any :P
[img]http://rikku.as.arizona.edu/~mgraham/personal/images/sig.jpg[/img]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Lothiriel wrote:Due to the high failure rate, it's generally not beneficial to try to desynth a skillup item to get materials back
Not so.

Attempting to get my Goldsmith levels back, I am synthing and desynthing Copper Hairpins.

Copper Ingot, Fire + 4 Copper Ore. Copper Hairpin, Copper Ingot + Wind. Copper Ingot, Copper Hairpin + Lightning. I loose about 2 hairpins / 12 desynths, and usually miss another 2 - 3 desynths without loss.

For this one at least, it pays big time. Silver Bangles on the other hand (wrist?) were driving me bankrupt before my restart.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Lothiriel wrote:Due to the high failure rate, it's generally not beneficial to try to desynth a skillup item to get materials back.
I think Lothiriel is correct in saying "generally." One exception that I came across is when I was skilling up on spathas. It was costing me about 2k a synth to make a spatha that I could (1) NPC them for about 350 (2) Wait for them to sell on the AH for about 400 (not wise since I made about 30 of them and they don't sell fast enough) (3) break them down for skill ups and materials. This is one case that I did choose to break these down for the ingots and lizard skins. (I also happened to have about 4 or 5 lightening clusters in my mog that I hadn't had time to sell yet). So, I broke them down. And yes I lost many a spatha and broke the majority of my crystals but, out of the three levels I got from making spathas, one skillup level was achieved through desynthing alone. Also, I got back a few materials to make a couple of more swords. So, in the end was it worth it? Yes, but, this has been the only time that I saw it beneficial to do so. In MOST cases it has not been wise for me to break things down that I was skilling up on.
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Oooo... Spathas. The best thing I know to do with Spathas is to make Bee Spathas from them. Alchmey level cap 12? 14? Spatha + 2 Beeswax + Water. Sells for about 2.5K on Gradua. NOT positive cash flow, just smaller losses.

Skillups from desynth are far less frequent than from synths. The copper Hairpins have taken me from level 2 to level 5, I think I got .2 in skill from the desynth.

Is someone knows a good reference for desynth theory, PLEASE post it.

Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

The only Desynthing guide that I know of can be found here. You'll have to forgive me :oops: for this guide comes from (Kopopo, cover your ears) Allakhazam. :lol:
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: How to perform desynthesis

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: How to perform desynthesis

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт