DC Universe Online

Anything that doesn't specificly goes into one console goes here.
Multi-platform games, regular programs, operating systems, anything.
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

DC Universe Online

Post by MikaMeow »

Curious, anyone else in the beta for this? I totally forgot I even signed up, and got a invite in the mail yesterday.

I guess this could be a bad thing.. :p city of heroes is what caused me to quit ffxi
The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.
Image Image
Sugami
Anime cat

Re: DC Universe Online

Post by Sugami »

The little movie thing looks awesome regardless of how good or bad the game will be :lol:
Asphe
Feral Cat

Post by Asphe »

Feel's too close to that other thing from NCS ^-^
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

I've been let down by both of the other super hero MMO's I've played; they look fun at first, but wore off quickly. I don't know if DC has anything unique that I'd be willing to try.

There was another super hero game I played, non-MMO, that was a ton of fun; Freedom Force, I think it was.
-Keerith
See you later, space cowboy!

[FFXIV: Keerith Galeo, Priestess of Ormagöden]

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Post by MikaMeow »

[quote="Keerith"]I've been let down by both of the other super hero MMO's I've played; they look fun at first, but wore off quickly. I don't know if DC has anything unique that I'd be willing to try.[quote]

Yeah, I can agree with that. CoH was lots of fun for the first month or two, then it got old. Pure combat gets old after a while. Only reason I end up coming back to CoH every now and then is I like the feel of flight, its just so fun and free. Costume browsing is also fun. I like ending up with a look thats completely unique to me, and never seeing anyone else in anything similar.

So far DCUO has alot less costume options than CoH, and its chat system is similar to FFXIV, possibly worse! (no guilds yet, so all ya really have is local chat, shouts, and tells, and the window is small, fits 7 lines of text, and havent found a way to make it bigger.) Quests are pretty fun so far on the villan side. Stuff like beating up Super Girl, bribing cops, interrogating guys with electricity, turning students into zombies, blowing up cop cars, etc. Opening movies pretty sweet and does a great job telling you whats going on, and why you have powers. Max level is currently 30, and 2 days of not super seriously playing and I'm already level 14. PvP is kinda interesting.. bit like WoW. Fast, not much penalty for death, and no rez sickness or anything to wait on after dieing. Just respawn with full hp and fly off again.
Image Image
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

How are the powers and such/classes worked?
-Keerith
See you later, space cowboy!

[FFXIV: Keerith Galeo, Priestess of Ormagöden]

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Post by MikaMeow »

Well first you pick your movement type (flight, super speed, acrobatics), then power type, sorcery/gadgets/fire/ice/mental/etc, then weapon type, rifle/dual pistol/dual swords/sword/hand blasters/etc. Then as you level up you put points into different skills from those and a few other catagories. Lil similar to CoH in this manner, or WoW's skill trees.
Image Image
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

There any gameplay videos?
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I didn't get an invite --; Which pisses me off. My d20 Superhero character I used to run was a combination of Batman using Stark Industries tech. Gadget Super Heros > All. Spidey's an exception to that rule, cuz Spidey just plain Rocks.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Going by the comic/cartoon rather than the movies, Spidey uses gadgets too, his webslingers that is :P
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Post by MikaMeow »

Spidey does sometimes have alot of gadgets. Spidey tracers, lots of cures to things that he whips up, think he used to have some kinda holographic disguise or something at one point.

No clue on gameplay trailers, you'd have to search it on youtube or game trailers or something :p probably a few on their web site too.
Image Image
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Bat-Spidey.... that'd be awesome if batman and spidey had a kid.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Asphe
Feral Cat

Post by Asphe »

I think this game, like all MMOs by SOE will be good technically. Just wish Bioware was somehow involved, lol. Then again that would mean EA......

Now if only SOE will buy over SE's MMO business.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Watch out what you wish for....

I was with WAR through the reassignment to Bioware. They did nothing to reverse the game's decline, but faithfully followed the direction set by EA. A direction I blame for chasing away 90% of the population that remained after the first two waves of server mergers.

Indeed, the interviews I saw with the Bioware people in charge of WAR made me think of them as buffoons. Only less erudite. And no where professional enough to be clowns.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru