Don't ask me how I managed to come this far...

A place to talk about... anything!
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Don't ask me how I managed to come this far...

Post by Fiye »

As of September 30th, 2007...

I'm 18 years old. :cry: IT'S OVAR!

Oh... and I got a PS3 today. That finishes up my console collection for the 7th generation... should start working on saving up for the next generation.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Oh my worrrd NO.

I should know, 63 now. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

28 and I'm starting to feel old.

Not sure if anyone else here has seen him, but Kevin James does this stand-up bit about how when he was a teenager he could eat three Big Mac's then run a marathon and now, in his thirties, feels like a bear hit with a tranquilizer dart after just one.

I've experienced the same thing and it depresses me.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Tsybil wrote:Oh my worrrd NO.

I should know, 63 now. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You serious? :shock:

Anyway, 26 here and still enjoying life every day!
My endurance isn't what it used to be but still decent even though I'm a smoker.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tsybil wrote:I should know, 63 now. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Grand-kitty! You're older than my parents :lol:

I'll be a quarter of a century in 9 days :)

18, the ironic age. You are both an adult and a teenager :lol:
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Sugami wrote:18, the ironic age. You are both an adult and a teenager :lol:
AKA Old enough to know better and still too young to give a rat's behind. :rofl:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami wrote:18, the ironic age. You are both an adult and a teenager :lol:
Old enough to vote, drive, fight in wars.

Too young to drink.

Go figure.....

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Tsybil wrote: Old enough to vote, drive, fight in wars.

Too young to drink.

Go figure.....

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Actually in Holland 18 is also the legal age to start drinking.

Lighter alcoholic stuff like beer and wine are allowed from age 16.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

It used to be 18 was the legal drinking age but noooo..... had to move it to 21 because "too many teens were drinking and getting into accidents".

Never mind that teens still drink, still drive and still get into accidents :roll:

To be fair to the soldiers under 21- in most stations overseas where alcohol is readily available off post the "official" drinking age on post is usually lowered as well.

I know when I first got to Korea I was 20 and able to legally drink on post~ and off post where alcohol was sold 18+ it was basically "don't let me see you drunk at formation" for everyone under 20. Hell, the freaking vending machine in our barracks had beer stocked. Piss poor beer, but beer still. :lol:
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Dreyc
Tomcat

Post by Dreyc »

Oh snap same birthday? Mine's better though. I get alcohol.
Valefor - Larein - Mithra Tank - 62Nin - 40 Pld
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

I know its a pain in the ass here in the states, but what can ya do when you have conservatives that might as well be puritians.

In any case, its still another three years before I becomes 90% legal. (The other ten percent coming when I live to be 90 years old xDDD)

Okay time for PS3 rant :lol:

What the f*** Sony? No HD cables? NO FUCKING HD CABLES! [And I got the 80 GB version (My Grandmother spoils me so)]. I don't care about the remote, but the fact that you couldn't include HD cables in your system?

Ugh, thats it really. They offer 1080p HD technology (And shove the message down your throat), but when it comes time to receive it, they go "Oh, pay another $20-40 for an HD cable. And while you're at it, pay $50 for a second controller!"

Ho'kay, now that thats over, I can start playing Fall of Resistance until Ratchet and Clank comes about.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Reminds me. I think my mom turned 18 just after they raised the age from 18 to 21 either US wide or just state wide. I remember her musing about that when she offered me a taste of wine in a restaurant. She said she wanted me to taste alcohol under her surveillance rather then elsewhere where she wasn't sure if I'd be safe.

Eventually, it turned out I hate the taste of alcohol anyways. An acquired taste that I never acquired.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Fiye wrote:I know its a pain in the ass here in the states, but what can ya do when you have conservatives that might as well be puritians.

In any case, its still another three years before I becomes 90% legal. (The other ten percent coming when I live to be 90 years old xDDD)

Okay time for PS3 rant :lol:

What the f*** Sony? No HD cables? NO FUCKING HD CABLES! [And I got the 80 GB version (My Grandmother spoils me so)]. I don't care about the remote, but the fact that you couldn't include HD cables in your system?

Ugh, thats it really. They offer 1080p HD technology (And shove the message down your throat), but when it comes time to receive it, they go "Oh, pay another $20-40 for an HD cable. And while you're at it, pay $50 for a second controller!"

Ho'kay, now that thats over, I can start playing Fall of Resistance until Ratchet and Clank comes about.
Amazon.com has the Componet for about $20 and the HDMI for around $3.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

ScarlettPheonix wrote:It used to be 18 was the legal drinking age but noooo..... had to move it to 21 because "too many teens were drinking and getting into accidents".

Never mind that teens still drink, still drive and still get into accidents :roll:
The drinking age went state by state and therein lay the problem. When I grew up in NY it was 18 for everything. DC and Ohio had wine and beer 18 - 21. ID was 19 for everything. Can't remember the other states. It makes sense to have it the same age everywhere so teens don't drive 200 miles to get drunk and then drive back that way, but why not 18?

Yes this is a puritan frrricking country, and it all the fault of the Dutch.

Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Tsybil wrote:Yes this is a puritan frrricking country, and it all the fault of the Dutch.
O.O HUH?!

Don't get me wrong I'm not offended in any way but please enlighten me about the dutch having anything to do with that.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

The pilgrims were a religious sect that went England>Holland> Plymouth MA back oh- 380 or so years ago. You may have heard of the Mayflower, Plymouth Rock and the First Thanksgiving?

The Puritans (which were a religious sect of the Church of England I think) followed a few years later to set up the Massachusetts Bay Colony and eventually the pilgrims were absorbed into the larger Puritan group (with the requisite divisions and arguments~ Connecticut and RI were established during this period too) but anyway- long boring history report short- their beliefs/society was very strict, staid and prudish. Not to mention paranoid~ Salem witch trails and all that.

Its still possible to see their influence in our society today especially in New England were I grew up.

Got real sick of reenacting the First Thanksgiving :lol:
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I re-enact the Galactic Empire's Thanksgiving, where we burn the nearest planet and loot the galaxy! Hahahahahahahahahahaha......*ahem* I like cranberry sauce.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Shirai wrote:Actually in Holland 18 is also the legal age to start drinking.
Ditto for UK :D

I've (legally) been drinking for 6 years now 8)

Of course, you can have alcohol on private property at any age :P
Fiye wrote:What the f*** Sony? No HD cables? NO FUCKING HD CABLES! [And I got the 80 GB version (My Grandmother spoils me so)]. I don't care about the remote, but the fact that you couldn't include HD cables in your system?

lolPS3 :P
Eviticus wrote:Eventually, it turned out I hate the taste of alcohol anyways. An acquired taste that I never acquired.
Oh I don't like the taste of alcohol as well but there are ways around that.

1) alcopops - girls' drink of choice :lol:
2) mixers - vodka & coke is nice
3) stay away from beer :lol: nasty stuff :P
4) try sweetening Cider with blackcurrent
5) drink quickly so you taste it less :lol:

Thus concludes my lecture on nice tasting alcohol :lol:
Tsybil wrote:Yes this is a puritan frrricking country, and it all the fault of the Dutch.
Shirai wrote:O.O HUH?!
:lol: Yeah Shirai, we're all very disappointed in you! :P
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Shirai wrote:
O.O HUH?!

Don't get me wrong I'm not offended in any way but please enlighten me about the dutch having anything to do with that.
The founders of our puritan state left Holland for the Americas. Had they been happy there they never would have left, and their influence in the Netherlands would have been minuscule.

They wanted to be treated as outsiders to keep a group unity. But what did the Dutch do? With their famous tolerance, the Dutch welcomed them and tried almost successfully to assimilate them into Dutch culture. All that was needed to keep those religious kooks happily in Europe was to lean on them just a little bit, but no, such treatment was beyond Dutch sensibilities.

So they left the country that welcomed them with open arms and came to the new world to build their city on a hill, and leave their obsessively puritanical stamp permanently on our politics.

The golden rule, "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you" isn't really the best way to treat people. Better would be Do unto others what they most desire.

Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Haha, thanks for the history lesson there. :lol:
I've done a lot of reading about Dutch history, also the not so pretty history behind our VoC.(East indian trade company, aka the world's most powerful pirates of their time.)
But that I did not know.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

No real reason why you would've since they didn't have much lasting influence on your country so its probably a pretty minor footnote in Danish history books for that time period.

On our side of the ocean though we start learning about the Pilgrims and Puritans early on and never really get to forget them- I swear the only thing not Thanksgiving/Pilgrim/their influence on society related on TV in late November is football :lol:

Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Still funny to know, I learn something new every day haha

(And I'm still sad that the NFL pulled the plug on the NFL Europe T.T!
I LOVE American football!)
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Watch rugby instead :P
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

I like to call it... Flag Football xDDDD [/endrandomness]

Puritians were an era in American life that resembles a communist society.

Tells ya how much it sucks xDDD
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Don't ask me how I managed to come this far...

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru