Why does the world Hate Dark Knights

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Why does the world Hate Dark Knights

Post by Pheonixhawk »

There was a link posted in Allakazham showing two drk knights "With the help of 2 Red Mages) Solo Cerebrus in 30 seconds. (If it wasnt Cerebrus it was some new NM in Aht Urghan that would normally take an alliance to kill) Well, people on the forums started to yell and complain saying Gimp Dark Knights. They used Kraken Clubs and nearly everyone on the furum was against them. Well let me say this. Our ACC sucks, our DDing output is great but at the expense of our lifes. We can only use Great Axes, Swords, or Scythe which are extremely slow weapons, effectively. Our special abilities make us just a bit stronger, but at the same time, kills our HP bar so fast it doesnt seem worth it sometimes. And to make matters worse, Drk's hardly ever get party invites. Yet these asshats want to yell gimp? How sad....
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

You missed out "Great Sword" from that list. BTW Axe is a C+ skill, I'm guessing Great Axe is a B- or there abouts. Club is an E.

2 DRKs + 2 RDM != soloing

That's all :P
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Eviljoel (Friend on Valefor Server) has +25 Dex going for him. He never misses and crits once every four hits.

I'd say going with a +Dex setup would be best for high level DRKs.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

The reason DRK's and other high-damage DD's have crap for accuracy is balance.

You can adjust that with gear, but yeah. Balance.

Then again, thinking of something like that takes intelligence. Which most internet users lack.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

As to why some people might be shouting to gimp DRKs, have you actually SEEN what happens when a DRK with capped Club skill and a Kraken Club goes after something using Souleater and Blood Weapon? To call it chaos would be being polite. The only time this trick would NOT work well, is if you're fighting something that the DRK has a hard time hitting at all (which if they're smart and using an Acc+ build for that Club, won't happen).

DRK + Kraken Club + Souleater + Blood Weapon = an absolute ton of damage done in a very short time. Simple as that. =x
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Fiye wrote:I'd say going with a +Dex setup would be best for high level DRKs.
Err... no. If you want to increase accuracy you get Acc+ stuff not DEX+. The only exception is when the item has a buttload of DEX like Byakko's Haidate (DEX+15 Haste+5% Lightning+50) ~= Acc+7 which is a lot for a leg piece and also comes with a nice amount of Haste.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Iĺl see if I can post some movies of kraken drks killing Vrtra in 1 minute 13 seconds and the second Bahamut fight in less then 30 seconds.

The amount of damage output is insane to say the least as bth mobs should have more then 50k HP.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

A lot of DD jobs can do around 8-10K damage in a VERY short time with the appropriate setup (like in under 20s). Pre-charged TP, Wings, Soul-Voiced +haste (or +atk or +acc depending on which jobs and critter). Adding a few THF's for feint let's the entire alliance go with ATK.

The DEF rating on a lot of NMs is so insanely high that traditionally all the damage comes from magic. Couple this with soul-eater damage bypassing DEF and multihit weapons and you can see why DRK and sub/drk with soul-eater are used so often on dps-race fights.

For instance, a MNK/drk using 100-Fists and Soul-eater is just amazing. Each DRK or sub/drk needs their very own personal healer while using soul-eater, but the damage output is damn nice.

So, it's not *just* DRK + Kraken that's the problem. It's the entire way HNMs are designed as well. The high DEF and ugly AE and TP moves sound like reasonable ways to make a fight harder at first. But, their net effect is to exclude all normal melee from the fight. Your damage has to come from ranged & magic: blm, smn, rng, and (if you have the extra healing support) drk & sub/drk.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Oooh, oooh! I wanna throw in my two gil too.

K.Club is a freaking difficult item to get. If you are either the luckiest s.o.b. to get one off the BCNM, or so rich you can buy it, then odds are you have alot of other sick gear too. I don't mind Drk's running around with it, Souleater, and Blood Weapon. That's like someone complaining about me doing Berserk + Warcry + Spirit Surge + Penta Thrust and obliterating a Colibri.

And I'd just like to say something.....ahem....WHY DOES EVERYONE COMPLAIN ABOUT DRK ACC?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

GAH! >.<

There is no 'Latent Effect: Accuracy Down' trait for Drk's. Ok, so you're swinging a large slow piece of metal. TP gained is based on -Delay-. So except for things like Haste and Dual Weild, most people with the same Acc sould gain 100tp at the same time. Example: Thf with Dagger X is hitting once a second for 3 tp. Drk with Scythe X is hitting one every 4 seconds for 12 tp Ok, so if you miss one, you get to sit there and watch the Thf go *plink-plink-plink-plink* while you wrestle with your Curved I-Beam of Destruction or whatever it's called. But if both you and the Thf have the same Acc, and there's no Triple or Double attack's to worry about, then you will on average reach 100tp at the -same time-.

As a Drg I get Jumps and a passive Acc Bonus trait, plus the constant attacks of a Wyvern, it doesn't seem like I'm missing many. But really, this 'poor acc' most 2-handed weapon people moan about is all in your -minds- people. Eat your sushi(or don your ass load of Acc gear), sub war for Double Attack, and engage the damn mob already.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Thank you guys. Dark Knights don't need to be gimped. Were are already decent like any other Melee.
Eviticus wrote:Club is a freaking difficult item to get. If you are either the luckiest s.o.b. to get one off the BCNM, or so rich you can buy it, then odds are you have alot of other sick gear too. I don't mind Drk's running around with it, Souleater, and Blood Weapon. That's like someone complaining about me doing Berserk + Warcry + Spirit Surge + Penta Thrust and obliterating a Colibri.
Yes very very true.
Shirai wrote: Iĺl see if I can post some movies of kraken drks killing Vrtra in 1 minute 13 seconds and the second Bahamut fight in less then 30 seconds.
Yes please! :D
Kintraa wrote:As to why some people might be shouting to gimp DRKs, have you actually SEEN what happens when a DRK with capped Club skill and a Kraken Club goes after something using Souleater and Blood Weapon? To call it chaos would be being polite. The only time this trick would NOT work well, is if you're fighting something that the DRK has a hard time hitting at all (which if they're smart and using an Acc+ build for that Club, won't happen).
I couldn't of said it any better myself.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Larxene
Kitten

Post by Larxene »

A lil input from the king of sucky gear, DRKs outshown my old SAM so badly it wasn't funny. So, Drks have always been on my craplist, but just because the ones I've met have been total buttholes. But yelling gimp on a class just because they're soloing an NM with good gear and a Rdm helper? Please, shoot those who've said that and procede to dance on their corpse. Hate when people get anal just because one class could one-up them at something...
Fear the fists of the almighty....Mr. Chan!
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

The only reason DRK is seen has having poor accuracy is because not so long ago it was a band wagon job (much like BLU now), which attracts all the noobs etc. Morons thinking it's a good idea to ignore accuracy completely and pile up on STR instead, so once in every blue moon when they do hit they hit hard and boast about it but they neglect to mention they missed the previous 9 swings :roll:

Take a look at the other slow attacks compared to DRK;
DRG has Accuracy Bonus I at 50, two Jumps and a wyvern.
SAM has Store TP and Zanshin (plus Great Katana fastest 2-handed weapon methinks).
RNG has Barrage, Sharpshot and a whole buttload of Accuracy Bonus traits.
WAR with Great Axe has Aggressor.
DRK has... umm... hmm... nothing.

It's also my firm belief that two-handed weapons require more accuracy than one-handed and H2H (makes more sense in theory). I was on WAR the other day; landing 6/6 Rampage hits wasn't so hard, then when Axe was capped I swithced over to Great Axe. Couldn't for the life of me land all 3 hits on Raging Rush, would think landing 3 hits be easier than 6. I had to swap in an extra Acc+8 to make Raging Rush more reliable :oops:
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

http://www.chasym.org/dknight.htm

For all you Dark Knight fans out there.. :D
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Just wanna comment on those lyrics, which I like, but just a comment on a section.
I got a mentor named zeid,
Though you never see him fight.
He acts all tough and sh*t,
And doesnt even carry a scythe.
hes always tryin to save the world with aldo from tenshodo,
Though i dont believe his powers as far as you can throw them.
My mentors a galka,
What the f***.
can you believe My mentors a galka.
galkas fuckin suck.No sh*t.
My mentors a galka,
doesnt even have a dick.
He needs to go all emo and end his life quick
This man needs to do the Bastok mission 9-2 fight. You fight Zeid, and he self sc's on you. Large Galka Drk is very angry at you, good luck in that fight.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

That sounds pretty cool, wonder what the Windy equivalent is :lol:
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

--SPOILER WARNING--

You're in a BC fight with Adjido-majido and he's "helping" you. He can basically Chainspell AM, has limitless MP and you have to keep his nuke happy ass alive and win the fight.

Much like the ToAU fight with Shantotto, only she uses Tier II AM (I believe).
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Sounds like fun :lol: that's 9-2 for rank 10 then?
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

According to all the write-ups for the fight, yes.

As you can see I've still got a few to go before that one :P
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

ya well, my pt wiped on TOAU 22 and Shanttotto casted a lucky tier II and won it for us --;
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Why does the world Hate Dark Knights

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Why does the world Hate Dark Knights

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting