I hate Comcast right now.

A place to talk about... anything!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

I hate Comcast right now.

Post by Keavy »

Okay, so Sunday morning I log in and my LS announces that later that night they are doing a Mission 5-2 run (Important for me because I am the only WHM with Teleport-Vahzl in the LS.) So anyways, after coming back from Rabao with supplies needed to level my cooking I get a party invite.

I was so close to 53 (Like 3K so close) and I was like "Hell yeah!" so I accepted and off we went. We started in Garlaige Citadel off of Beetles but it was WAY too crowded so off to Quicksand Caves (Again, crowded) then the Ninja mentions King Ranperre's Tomb. "Why not?" we figure. We had no Refresher and I was the only healer in the party (NIN, THF, WARx2, BLU, Me) but we figured if we took it easy we could do it.

We couldn't. So one WAR leaves for Dynamis, replaces himself with a Bard, and we kick ass. Soon BLU has to go, too and replaces himself with a BLM. We start MBing the SC's and we hit Chain 5's consistently. Exp is flowing like a creamy caramel river of love.

Before I know it my LS is furious at me because I refuse to leave, "We don't want to pay another WHM for Teleport-Vahzl when you can do it, Keavy." followed by a few other members calling me a worthless leech. Big whoop, I'm 3K from 55 which is the cap for the 5-2 fight (No team of Level 75 RDM/NIN's by the way. It was all people that needed it in the fight and there were six counting me. I saw Deathga imminent.)

And a few minutes after that I am casting a Cure III on the Ninja following my Flash which allowed her to get Shadows up when everyone just froze in place. That's right, kids. My internet connection was shut down for maintenance.

I now know this because this morning I checked my e-mail to find one that was sent out ten minutes before my internet went out informing me that Comcast was going to turn off all Cable TV and Internet service for an hour for "Emergency Maintenance." WHO THE HELL TURNS OFF SERVICE AT 9PM FOR MAINTENANCE?!?! 3AM I can understand, but 9PM?

So, I imagine that my killer party either broke or found someone else. If they got someone else I know it wasn't a WHM because on my server there are like no WHM's at my level. Most are either below 45 or above 70 which is why I need to level my ass off now. WHM drought means I can get good exp :D

So tonight I will farm up the cash needed for Raise II and Shellra III and after I get those I will go back and level some more. I just wish that damn maintenance hadn't screwed me like that.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

My cable company does that crap too...in the middle of the day sometimes, or primetime without any notices before or after. They don't do it too often so I give them the benefit of the doubt. But its still really inconvenient when it happens.

Try not to get offended, but this is how I see it. If your LS had only wanted you for Teleport-Vahzl, then big deal, you had no obligation to leave an exp party. 3k-5k gil from each person for a group teleport is chump change, which would make them all chumps for not being willing to pay for a teleport when they saw you were unavailable. On the other hand, if you in fact agreed to participate in 5-2 when you were informed about it, then you were obligated to leave your party.
THF50/NIN25 [color=green]([/color]Mithra[color=red])[/color]

[color=red]Clothcraft: 82.0+2[/color] [color=green]([/color]Adept[color=red])[/color]
[color=blue]Leathercraft: 60.0[/color] [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Goldsmithing: 48.0 [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Smithing: 19.0 [color=green]([/color]Recruit[color=red])[/color]
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I never said I would tele them for the event. They ASSUMED that as the only WHM in the LS that I would gladly do it and be their WHM for the event.

Oh, and there's no way they'd pay but I got to cough up 100K to each Level 75 member for a guaranteed win in the WHM AF Body fight.

I'm gonna get a new LS.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

You're right, get a new LS.

[color=red]Clothcraft: 82.0+2[/color] [color=green]([/color]Adept[color=red])[/color]
[color=blue]Leathercraft: 60.0[/color] [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I joined this one because the leadership of my old LS took a two week vacation and everyone else wanted to see what other LS's were out there.

My old LS was always glad to help out, never harassed me about doing stuff for them, and has never hit me up for cash for any reason.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Keavy wrote:I got to cough up 100K to each Level 75 member for a guaranteed win in the WHM AF Body fight.
:o :shock: :o
Keavy wrote:I'm gonna get a new LS.
I would have dropped the pearl on the spot.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

Tsybil wrote:
Keavy wrote:I got to cough up 100K to each Level 75 member for a guaranteed win in the WHM AF Body fight.
:o :shock: :o
Keavy wrote:I'm gonna get a new LS.
I would have dropped the pearl on the spot.
me too
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

drop em, and set the LS on fire. That always works for me.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Leader and I had a talk about it (I have a few friends in the LS) and he apologized for the way certain members behaved in his abscence and to make up for it he promised me he'd het me the 5-2 fight and WHM AF Body.

We wiped at the 5-2 fight because one of the PLDs had no idea how to activate "Invincible." Level 51 PLD and can't activate his 2 hour :roll:

The guy was a f***ing moron. Didn't bring any oils or powders, constantly bitched about something, and nearly died twice because he didn't tell us he had aggro (I think he had someone on /follow and went AFK.)

After we lost the 5-2 fight with Shadow Lord at 1% (I was the only WHM, all the PLD's had subbed NIN, and the BLM had died after Manafonting SL through his "Only magic can harm me now!" phase.

We're gonna go again tonight ONLY if we can get another WHM and BLM.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

A LS full of greedy AND stupid people?

You and the leader need to have yet another talk.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Tsybil wrote:A LS full of greedy AND stupid people?

You and the leader need to have yet another talk.
I will as soon as I find my Beating Mace...

I think I left that in Pheonixhawk's back. :o
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Pulls a beating mace out of his back. "Oh my." -drops dead to the ground-
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Pheonixhawk wrote:Pulls a beating mace out of his back. "Oh my." -drops dead to the ground-
*Casts Raise on Pheonixhawk*

We'll finish OUR conversation when I get back.
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

Keavy wrote:After we lost the 5-2 fight with Shadow Lord at 1% (I was the only WHM, all the PLD's had subbed NIN, and the BLM had died after Manafonting SL through his "Only magic can harm me now!" phase.
I got really lucky when I did 5-2 on my first character ages ago. I shouted in Jeuno for about 15 minutes to get help for this and ended up with a bored 75 RDM/DRK and a bored 75 DRK/THF who were just looking for something to kill some time.

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: I hate Comcast right now.

Post by xaresity »