Besieged – Additions and Adjustments(07/10/2006)

A place to talk about... anything!
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Besieged – Additions and Adjustments(07/10/2006)

Post by Leane »

In the upcoming version update, we will increase the importance of strategy during Besieged by introducing new Notorious Monsters as well as various system additions and adjustments.
Click herefor more details.

Details Below

Since its introduction in the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion disc, Besieged has become far more popular than the development team ever anticipated.

This popularity leads to certain victory with little need for strategy on almost every World, as hundreds of players unite to repel the beastman hordes. With the gradual adjustments that have been implemented, it is now possible to witness the furious battle unfolding within Al Zahbi. However, many players have voiced their desire to participate in a more strategy-based Besieged.
With this aim in mind, the following adjustments are planned for the upcoming version update.

New Notorious Monsters

With the addition of Notorious Monsters that require more than just numbers to defeat, Al Zahbi will find itself under attack from even more powerful beastman armies.

Invading the Beastman Bases

The composition of the armies advancing on Al Zahbi will be greatly affected by attacks on the beastman bases.
Invading the home ground of the savage beastmen and weakening their forces will become an essential step in the defense of Aht Urhgan's capital.

We are aware that the crowding that accompanies the Besieged event overwhelms the processing power of many clients, and prevents a smooth gaming experience.
The standard solution to this issue would be to restrict the number of players in the area; however, we feel that hundreds of characters of all levels participating in the same battle is what makes Besieged so popular in the first place.

We have no plans to restrict or remove this new feature based on hardware issues. While there is no simple solution, we intend to continue making adjustments that will improve players' enjoyment of Besieged.
We are also planning on implementing measures in the next version update that will address issues associated with insufficient memory for certain types of hardware.

Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Finally SE is starting to take FFXI seriously.

Only took, what, four years?

At least they're doing better than SOE.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Players: We pwnz you, Besieged. Make it harder.
SE: These NM's will spank you.
Players: We tuff.
SE: No really, we're tossing in 5 Absolute Virtue's on LV 5 Besieged Assualts. WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW?!
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

My teleport taru!!!! :cry:

Actually though, I think on Midgardsormr, the only time we have a good chance of losing is when its Undead Swarm. Although that one time 4 bombs self destructed at the same time right at the start of besieged and killed like 30 people, while pretty funny, didn't really help our cause very much either.

So my concern would be, "All right, a more strategic tactic is needed to win....wait a minute, there's 430+ people in zone >.<". Can you say "too many chiefs, not enough Indians"? Let's face it, large numbers breed stupidity and a boat with no captain is no way to sail. Not only that, I don't know about you, but I don't think I'll be taking the time to invade enemy bases as part of the "strategic" defense of Aht Urghan unless there is more incentive than just a couple hundred experience points and a couple hundred Imperial Standing. It is my opinion that SE has a history "wait and see", meaning, "We're going to make this change, then wait and study it for 6-12 months and see if it worked out."

I guess I'm just afraid SE will turn Besieged into something like Eco-Warrior. Something that's fun to do once, but ultimately is a complete waste of your time in the virtual world because it takes forever to set up and your reward is less than peanuts for your time and effort.

Still, I'll try not to pass judgement too early. I might as well just wait and see. :roll:
THF50/NIN25 [color=green]([/color]Mithra[color=red])[/color]

[color=red]Clothcraft: 82.0+2[/color] [color=green]([/color]Adept[color=red])[/color]
[color=blue]Leathercraft: 60.0[/color] [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Goldsmithing: 48.0 [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Smithing: 19.0 [color=green]([/color]Recruit[color=red])[/color]
Shinrasin
Tomcat

Post by Shinrasin »

So SE is getting smart for the first time in 4 years :o. About time
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/Shinrasin-Evil-Sigs.png[/img]

[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/Dark-Shinrasin-2.png[/img]
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

They said strategy is involved. Or will be. And when they elaborated, they hit on two things. One, the NM's, and two....
The composition of the armies advancing on Al Zahbi will be greatly affected by attacks on the beastman bases.
Invading the home ground of the savage beastmen and weakening their forces will become an essential step in the defense of Aht Urhgan's capital.
I believe that that is mostly what they are talking about. No, in the fight in Al Zhabi itself, they won't be introducing a 400 person box-puzzle we have to finish in order to blockade a door. No, they mean hampering the beastmen before they arrive.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

So these NMs will be the equivalent to our Generals, I guess...

Who will goto invade the enemy bases where you can actually lose exp and get not much back in return for it besides an easier besieged?

700exp not much but 700 Imperial Standings is a nice amount for the time invested.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Im sure besieged would be more fun for me If I were lvl 75 and could actually damage the mobs :(

Agentblack: Thake this suckers! Thunder II
Mamool Ja Savage: What thed heck was that? 2 dmg. Silly Rdm.
Agenblack: *Cry*
Mamool Ja Savage: Take this! Poke!
Agentblack: o.0 456 dmg? AAAAAHHH *Dies horribly and miserably*

So stronger mobs? yeah Sounds like fun...
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

Pheonixhawk wrote:Im sure besieged would be more fun for me If I were lvl 75 and could actually damage the mobs :(

Agentblack: Thake this suckers! Thunder II
Mamool Ja Savage: What thed heck was that? 2 dmg. Silly Rdm.
Agenblack: *Cry*
Mamool Ja Savage: Take this! Poke!
Agentblack: o.0 456 dmg? AAAAAHHH *Dies horribly and miserably*

So stronger mobs? yeah Sounds like fun...
wow your thunderII only does 2 DMG, your elemental skill must really be low, I'm only a 58 RDM (can't even cast thunderII yet) and my blizzardII does 5-6 damage with the odd 20 something, elemental seal brings it up to 32-38 with the odd 50 something
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I find Besieged a great way to skill up. Next one, I am going to /WHM and try to raise my Divine Skill.

Can't wait till I get good enough to actually hit them with a Sword or Dagger, I am positive the skillups there will be good to.

Pheonixhawk, don't worry about poor magic damage on the critters in Besieged, they are tough. I think I once did 22 to a Cluster with Elemental Seal Fireaga......
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

MY ELEMENTAL MAGIC WEAK?! Heck no its capped. ALWAYS! Its probably because I only had a dark staff on me at the time, or because apart from AF I have no INT booting gear.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

A RDM75 will get their nukes resisted down to 10-20. I have capped Sword and Dagger at 74 and I can't hit diddly-poop :( B skill doesn't cut it against Besieged :(
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

I can eat sole sushi and still only have a 10% hit rate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Yeah,the mobs in Besieged are insane. Full DD gear and capped A+ sword, I have maybe about a 50% hit rate....it's just icky. ;;
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Pheonixhawk wrote:MY ELEMENTAL MAGIC WEAK?! Heck no its capped. ALWAYS! Its probably because I only had a dark staff on me at the time, or because apart from AF I have no INT booting gear.
Gobbiebag 6. 2 INT+ rings*, Black Silk Neckerchief*, Merc. Captian's Belt, Morion Earring*, Red Cape +1, Magic Quisses*.

I NEED these for sticking Enfeebles in partys. Always have them on me. Two Torques and I can get rid of the BSN and Holy Phial.

* = Macrod in and out.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

I don't even bother trying to damage the mobs. I just put up Reraise and run around curing and raising people. The Besieged (Lag) can be really strange sometimes though. For example, just a couple days ago I was standing in the middle of bunch of people, because lets face it, its Besieged, and I hadn't even casted anything yet 5 minutes into the fight when out of no where I start getting my butt kicked and then a mob suddenly pops on my screen right next to me.

I mean, come on! Out of the group of 100 something people I must have been standing with, the mob just happened to aggro onto me. >.> Me thinks that mayhaps even the mobs experience Le Lag.

edit: Page 2 = Mine

[color=red]Clothcraft: 82.0+2[/color] [color=green]([/color]Adept[color=red])[/color]
[color=blue]Leathercraft: 60.0[/color] [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Thats odd seeing as my enfeebles hit 90% of the time...
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I think mobs agro the weakest or lowest level if there's a group to choose from the range gets smaller the higher level you are or something stupid :oops:
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

Sugami wrote:I think mobs agro the weakest or lowest level if there's a group to choose from the range gets smaller the higher level you are or something stupid :oops:
I was on my 70 RDM though. I still think either the mobs experience the lag too or I was being discriminated against. :(

Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

Sadira wrote:
Sugami wrote:I think mobs agro the weakest or lowest level if there's a group to choose from the range gets smaller the higher level you are or something stupid :oops:
I was on my 70 RDM though. I still think either the mobs experience the lag too or I was being discriminated against. :(
they're like Maat, they hate lvl 70 RDMs
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Leane wrote: they're like Maat, they hate lvl 70 RDMs
:lol: They hate Refreshers I guess, my COR was dying like err... something that dies a lot :lol:
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

Leane wrote:they're like Maat, they hate lvl 70 RDMs
Yeah, speaking of Maat, I beat him on my 4th try, but on one of my tries I made the mistake of silencing him while he was asleep... Big mistake, because when he woke up he ran at me from across the room so fast, (Asuran Fists) right when he reached me, then he got me with one crit right after that, then (Asuran Fists) again and I was dead. It happened so fast, that even though I was casting sleep from all the way across the arena the moment it wore off, Maat reached me and I was dead just before I would have casted at around 55-57%. I was litterally one nuke away from winning that time too. I thought he had (Double Attack)'d (Asuran Fists) at first until I looked at my log and saw the one critical hit inbetween....I guess that was Maat's and SE's way of validating the attack. I wish I had been on PC so I could have screen shotted it, I still find it hard to believe that happened.
Sugami wrote::lol: They hate Refreshers I guess, my COR was dying like err... something that dies a lot :lol:
:(

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Besieged – Additions and Adjustments(07/10/2006)

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Besieged – Additions and Adjustments(07/10/2006)

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт