Is Corsair Cool

A place to talk about... anything!
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Sugami wrote: RNG has B in Axe so why don't they melee? What would you say to a BRD who doesn't give the mages ballad or the melees their songs? It's essentially the same thing.
I was pretty sure most RNG did melee sometimes? It's mostly just for gaining TP faster when Barrage isn't up or something. I've only taken it to 30, but I already know I do the most damage standing at a distance in my ranged weapon's "sweet spot", which is pretty much always out of melee range.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Yeah I tossed the odd Refresh on the BRD but AoEs were an issue; besides wasting MP it takes longer to Cure everyone separately than Curaga would :( plus you are expected to sub WHM for main healing these merit burn parties, I'd have friends bug me and I'd just say "No WHM sub", which would usually shut them up :P

RNG don't melee anymore because their damage is horribly gimped if they shoot at point blank. Before the nerf they would and would have amazing TP gain that made SAMs {/cry} :P

Headbutt isn't 100% Stun I think... the Stun percentage is probably gimped when it's subbed too so if you plan on taking RDM to Sky you'll still need /DRK :P personally I'd rather just be a Refresh and backup healing whore than a Stun spamga.
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Keavy wrote:SMN can main heal as long as they have a decent backup healer or a damn good Ninja tanking.

Overall their gimped WHM spells can't cut it as a main healer with a meat shield tank.
I've had no problems with a Paladin tanking. In fact, I prefer it, becaue if the tank takes a heavy hit, he/she has Cure IV to hold hate and do a big heal while I'm working on my Cure III's.

I was in Bibiki with a Paladin tank for 5 hours and no one died. I used Titan's Earthen Ward and Barfira with Goblins and Diabolos' Noctoshield for Dhamels. We only rested like 3 times because of my insane MP at that level (903). :)
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

It all depends on the SMN and PLD in question, their style of play and how "good" they are :)
Not being either SMN or PLD I wouldn't know but I do know the odd SMN that doesn't like healing PLDs, I often end up contributing more heals as a RDM on a PLD with a SMN as main healer.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

By "Meat Shield" I meant a WAR.

A good PLD makes a WHM V-E-R-Y B-O-R-E-D.

I just hate main healing as a Summoner because it seems like most players feel like a SMN = WHM.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Sadly 95% of parties expect you to take the WHMs spot, your DD skills aren't all that great till lv70.

I thought NINs made WHM bored, PLD you still throw heals on and there's Regen too but their hate keeping skills means you rarely have to heal anyone else... :oops:
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

nin at least has that spike of action when utsu is down and you gotta heal them while they try to get it back up...

Pld... well... they heal themselves to keep hate... and usually they are the only ones taking damage
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Is Corsair Cool

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо