Should I?

A place to talk about... anything!

Should I raid the Wii fund to get a DS Lite?

Hell yes!
17%
NO!!!
25%
Pie!
58%

Total votes: 12

Keavy
Drunker than thou

Should I?

Post by Keavy »

So I got $400 in my Nintendo Wii/FFXII fund and well, should I raid it for a DS Lite and some games?

Also, what games should I definitely buy? I will rent a bunch but should I get some with the DS Lite so which ones?

Also, any super awesome GBA games I should get, too?
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Only if you say which games.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I am asking the DS and GBA owners here which games are definite buys.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

Wii {No thanks.}
DS {No thanks.}
GBA {No thanks.}
Pie {Yes please.}
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Just me personally, but I'd go with a normal DS...the DS Lite is nice I guess, but they're a bit too small in my opinion...the GBA's give me the same problem with the shoulder buttons, I have to cramp the hell out of my fingers to hit them. <.<;
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Undine
Tomcat

Post by Undine »

Wii {Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass}

PS3 {Yes Please}
Charaters: Undine- Caitsith, Shika- Alexander/Unicorn, Celsius- Cerberus

[url=http://www.nationstates.net/windurst1]Visit the ture windurst ^^![/url]

[img]http://test256.free.fr/UN%20Cards/catgirls4hn.jpg[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I have a DS Lite (Enamel Navy mmm) had it for past few months now ;) it isn't that much smaller than the standard but I think it's a lot nicer looking, basically an extended GBA SP along the width and the length is a tiny bit shorter.

PIE! I'd say get DS Lite but that's only 'cause I don't think much of the Wii.

As for games it really depends, the MUST buy is Phoenix Wright of course. If you like puzzle games then Bomberman DS and Tetris DS are both hours of fun but stay away from Worms (was really disappointed with it).
If you can get a game imported from Japan then Jump Superstars is just awesome, there's a guide/FAQ/walkthrough somewhere so you don't have to worry about it being in Japanese :P
Stockyboy
Big Cat

Post by Stockyboy »

Definatly: Jump Superstars, The latest mario game, Metroid and Yu-gi-oh game wasn't too bad either.
Mr. T pitties the fool, Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off, I /poke the fool.
Haubegeon: O
Hauberk: O
Drk75/War43/Nin60/Blm37/Thf37(DONE YES!)/Whm32/Drg22/Smn16/Rdm66/Bst18/Mnk10/Brd33/Pld11
All others not unlocked or not leveled ^^^
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c302/stockyboy/USSRallyourcookie-1.png[/img]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I vote with Leane.

She is one smarrrt kitty.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

I am with Leane also :D

Go Go PIE!!!
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/The-Master-Thief.png[/img]
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

PS3 hahaha... yeah I will pass on that peice of crap :p and go with somethign that will acualy give me soemthign new

anyway Keavy asked "should I get a DSlite with my Wii fund" not :hey should I get a Wii, DS or a PS3" so stop with the "nintendo sucks" BS and acualy answer the question properly.....

I just got a DS lite, traded in my old one, and the new HD LCD screens are soooo nice ^.^
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

Tsybil wrote:I vote with Leane.

I'm a guy
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Leane wrote:Wii {No thanks.}
DS {No thanks.}
GBA {No thanks.}
Pie {Yes please.}
Agreed

Why spend $400 or whatever on a game console thats just gonna be outdated in like 2 years. You could spend that much on a computer and get more functionability out of it and itll prolly last longer, plus you can always upgrade if you ever need it. Game consoles are a huge waste of money imo...
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Ambrey wrote:
Leane wrote:Wii {No thanks.}
DS {No thanks.}
GBA {No thanks.}
Pie {Yes please.}
Agreed

Why spend $400 or whatever on a game console thats just gonna be outdated in like 2 years. You could spend that much on a computer and get more functionability out of it and itll prolly last longer, plus you can always upgrade if you ever need it. Game consoles are a huge waste of money imo...
Until you consider that a lot of games can only be played properly via consoles since they never get ported to the PC (not to mention most PCs are barely able to run N64 games currently <.<; )
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Leane wrote:
Tsybil wrote:I vote with Leane.

I'm a guy
:oops: Well to me all us kitties arrre girrrls till stated otherwise.

Reinsated to girrrl status if I forget. :lol:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I mostly play games on my XBox and DS Lite (exceptions are FFXI on PC and the other odd game :P), had my XBox longer than 2hrs and yes 360 is out but I wouldn't consider it out-dated.

Over here DS Lite is £99 only colours available are Black and White. I paid about £115 for it from Japan via Hong Kong (excluding postage and import charges) but I got to play with it a good 2 or 3 months before anyone else here 8) also Enamel Navy mmm.
Some shops are letting you trade in the old DS (think they're £80 new) and will sell you a DS Lite for £60 so 99-60=£39 for the old DS and they probably resell it for £50-60.

Anyways back to the topic, if you really want both prioritise which one you'll use the most. Think you'll be travelling a lot then go for the DS Lite, think you'll be sitting at home a lot then wait for the Wii :)
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Well, the thing is that I really only spend weekend mornings and afternoons at home and on weekdays I am either at school, the gym, or work and there are times classes are cancelled or my schedule has a large break.

The more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards paying off FFXII and buying a DS.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Should I?

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо