De-Leveling tips?

A place to talk about... anything!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

De-Leveling tips?

Post by Keavy »

So I need a cheap source of crystals and I figured if I take some jobs I like and de-level then re-level them that would be an easy way for me to get some crystals that I need.

So anyone got any tips? We're talking like job's around level 10.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Set homepoint in Valkurm dunes. Run to goblins. Await death. Repeat as necessary. ^^;;
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Surely there's some very weak EPs you could tear through *shrug*
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Well, I was thinking I could run out in West Sarutabaruta naked and round up some mobs but then again, someone could call a GM on me and that would end my de-leveling pretty fast.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Why not go elemental hunting instead?
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

First, which crystals do you need? Second, you can always try mass production through gardening. Personally, I never have the time to garden so I've just been stock piling crystals from xp parties and also any random elementals I happen to kill. Tell your friends you need crystals. Anyone 30+ is usually doing something else for money by then and could care less about their crystals anyway.

I've gotten a lot that way too, it usually doesn't hurt to ask and now that my friends know I'm always in the need, they usually ask if I want them or just send them to me as a surprise. I have a Mog Locker and a mule filled with nothing but crystals right now as well as another 25 mog house slots on my character, so I had to tell them I'm ok for a while. :oops:
THF50/NIN25 [color=green]([/color]Mithra[color=red])[/color]

[color=red]Clothcraft: 82.0+2[/color] [color=green]([/color]Adept[color=red])[/color]
[color=blue]Leathercraft: 60.0[/color] [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Goldsmithing: 48.0 [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Smithing: 19.0 [color=green]([/color]Recruit[color=red])[/color]
Kistala
Tomcat

Post by Kistala »

The best job for leveling 1-10 is Dark Knight, in my opinion.

Dark Knight is really easy especially for 5-10: Stone > Ranged Attack > Deathbringer hit = dead EP mob that didn't get a chance to hit you more than once. You can sub WHM, RDM, or BLU for healing magic and extra MP on the offchance you do take some hits.

RDM and BLU are the next best choices, both have good melee damage with the Sword, healing with Cure and Pollen (respectively), as well as some more aggressive magic (Stone and Foot Kick). Red Mage also has the advantage of being able to use Bows for additional punch while Blue Mage has the advantage of Cocoon for additional defense.

SO yeah. If you want a job you can get crystals off of by soloing low levels over and over and over, go for DRK if you can (i.e. if you haven't already leveled it past Dunes), or RDM or BLU otherwise. Failing all those Paladin is also a good choice (Cure at lv.5), although its MP pool is a bit small.
"Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Currently: PLD69/WAR34 tank
PLD69/RDM34 soloer
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I'd elemental hunt, but I'm going after a wide variety of crystals and I can supplement my income with enemy drops.

Basically I have a simple yet effective plan: Delevel ONLY DRK and DRG to level 4, relevel them with Bard Subjob, and from 4-7 focus on bumblbees and crawlers, then from 7-10 focus on the larger bees near the outpost and more crawlers.

Sell the silk for Fire Crystals and turn the beehive chips into beeswax then sell the beeswax.

I mainly need Wind and Earth crystals now to get past Capes in Clothcraft (Farming my own necklaces along with bees in Giddeus for more chips) then gonna use my profits to support my purchasing of Water Crystals for cooking (Fish Oil and Pie Dough) and then farm some more so I can make Apple Pies (Also level woodworking and harvest my own wood for Maple Sugar) so I do have a plan. Sadly I am dependent on the Northlands for Apples (Phoenix can't seem to keep any nation there for too long) so I may need to find a way to garden.

Problem for me with gardening is I am far too busy some nights to log in and my roommate is pretty forgetful.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

You can't afford wind and earth crystals? Currently the cheapest on market *shrug*
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

Sugami wrote:You can't afford wind and earth crystals? Currently the cheapest on market *shrug*
I'm a bit surpised at this too. Why farm the crystals when it would be so much faster and easier to farm and sell something else and use that money to buy the crystals instead. It seems to me that even if you farmed easy stuff, it would take longer to farm say 10 stacks of crystals than it would to farm enough items to buy 10 stacks of crystals.
THF50/NIN25 [color=green]([/color]Mithra[color=red])[/color]

[color=red]Clothcraft: 82.0+2[/color] [color=green]([/color]Adept[color=red])[/color]
[color=blue]Leathercraft: 60.0[/color] [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Goldsmithing: 48.0 [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Smithing: 19.0 [color=green]([/color]Recruit[color=red])[/color]
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Yeah, always remember that even in FFXI, time is money.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

On Phoenix the price has been fluctuating on Wind, Fire and Water crystals. One day I log in and they're 2k, 3k, and 1k respectively.

Next day they're 3-6K a stack.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Just take that mule you have kicking around. Buy it armor and weapons. Level it to 8, mog house >> change job, do it again.

You know you want to get it to Rank 2 for the mog safe quest anyway....
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Yeah, I should...

I will!

Stacysmom will be leveled once again!
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: De-Leveling tips?

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо