New SMB

A place to talk about... anything!
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

New SMB

Post by Tivia »

I have done my share of hating on nintendo lately due to my discontent with how their cames have been the past few years, especially mario. I figured it was only fair that I give proper props however to the one I feel they truly did right.

Got to play the new SMB for DS, I am impressed. It plays and feels like the original mario's, and it has a reasonably newer look to it. This is the first Mario in years I have played where it did not feel like it was marketed to a 9 year old.

Props Nintendo, you may have finally given me the incentive to buy a DS.
Kailea
Mad Cat

Re: New SMB

Post by Kailea »

Tivia wrote:I have done my share of hating on nintendo lately due to my discontent with how their cames have been the past few years, especially mario. I figured it was only fair that I give proper props however to the one I feel they truly did right.

Got to play the new SMB for DS, I am impressed. It plays and feels like the original mario's, and it has a reasonably newer look to it. This is the first Mario in years I have played where it did not feel like it was marketed to a 9 year old.

Props Nintendo, you may have finally given me the incentive to buy a DS.
but Mario is for a young audiance.... it is supost to be marketed for 8-12 yearolds -.- mario is family so it must be family friendly, I have played every mario game made, and love them all alot ^.^ I dont care what a game was marketed for, if I enjoy playing it then it was done right in my book. :p
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Family Friendly does not have to mean boring to adults, nor condecending.

Remember those movies that used to advertise fun for all ages?

Civ is family friendly as is Sim City and ALL its spinoffs.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Run Mario. JUUUMMMP >< Feel the Power. FEEEL THE POWEEEEEER. Oh whats this? A fire flower. HAHAHAH. BURRRRRN BURRRRN. Now your crying, A Star yes Im INVINCIBLE. Ha Ha Ha what the hell? I feel to my doom? :(
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Pheonixhawk wrote:I feel to my doom?
Finally found the right castle and then got a little too friendly with the Princess, eh? :P
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Yeah ^^; :lol:
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

For the love of god, no SMB Hentai, I beg of you!!!
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Is the new SMB the old gameboy version with shiny graphics or is it considerably different? That was a classic ^^;
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Tsybil wrote:Family Friendly does not have to mean boring to adults, nor condecending.

Remember those movies that used to advertise fun for all ages?

Civ is family friendly as is Sim City and ALL its spinoffs.
Bingo

Original SMB I can play and enjoy without feeling like I am playing a kids game. Mario sunshine as an example I cannot play without that feeling.

The new SMB is more like original mario with updated graphics and some new areas and features. World 1-1 is Extremely simliar to the original.

I believe the Star was simply replaced with the Mega mushroom, something wierdly amusing about being as big as the screen and smashing through everything.
Whoohoo
Kitten

Post by Whoohoo »

The star is still in the game. It is especially fun in world 7-3.

I too, have been a mario fan through the ages. but there are a few I did not really care for either. Mario 64 and sunshine mario I did not care for at all, luigi's mansion was not any better either.

But they did do the DS version right. It is fun for the younger people and old foggies (like me) alike.
Maxi - Midgardsormr - RDM 20, BLM 9
Whoohoo - Ragnarok - RDM 45, DRG 25, WHM 31, SAM 20, NIN 25, BRD 20, THF 20, PLD 20, WAR 21, DRK 20, BST 21, RNG 21, SMN 30, MNK 21, BLM 20, PUP 30 (with all upgrades), BLU 31, COR 1
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

I played through Mario 64 and Sunshine both and loved'em. You people are crazy. :P
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

You can play as Luigi! Beat the game last night, even though I completely missed world 7 (oops). I'm going back, but right now, it's more fun to play as Luigi!

"Yay for me, Luigi!" lol
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

Kintrra wrote:I played through Mario 64 and Sunshine both and loved'em. You people are crazy. :P
yeha I agree, some of you may not like these games, or the type of "kiddy mario" (paper mario comes to mind lol) but some think that just because they did not like them, they are for children and are horable mario games, now I can tell you I played every mario game nomatter what it was (except the learning ones on SNES) and I have to say they are all good a represent Mario very well, but some dont care for them and that is ok, right now I am playing Paper Mario 2 TyD, and I have to say I am enjoying the crap out of it, but the dialog is ever..... well young :p then again it was supost to be lol
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I may have to pickup this Mario DS game then ^^;
I'm more looking for something that'd last me a while though, an RPG like pokemon or FFTA (never really cared for FFI&II) but DS seems to be lacking RPGs :(
Of course could always play pokemon on my DS but eh, might as well just play it on the SP :P
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: New SMB

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting