Remora prices...

A place to talk about... anything!
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Remora prices...

Post by Ambrey »

I myself think Remora's prices are outrageous. I have checked the AH almost everyday and it seems like some of the most popular items raise in price by 500k every 2 days or so as of lately. :shock:

Vermy Cloak - 10 mill
Scorpian Harness - 11mill
Haubergeon - 8.5mill
Hauberk - 8.5mill
Emp Hairpin - 3mill
Leaping boots - 2.8mill
Winged boots - 3mill
Spiked fingergauntlets - 6mill
Valk mask - 1.1mill

Is Remora's the only server thats prices are getting out of control? Or is this on every server? :oops:
Nhiha
Tomcat

Post by Nhiha »

Pandemoniums prices arent that high but they are not sky-rocketing so everthing seems pretty stable except for crystals, they flucuate pretty badly at times but i think that leaping boots are 1.8m and emp hairpin is 2m
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

The true test of an economy on the server is its current crystal prices. All other synthed items are based on those ground values.
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Crystal prices fluctuate like crazy, though they often stay around similar prices.

Fire crystals are USUALLY 5k-6k a stack on Hades, Lightning are usually 4k, same with Wind. Dark Crystals are pretty much always 9k, and Earth crystals almost never get above 1.5k.

That being said, why do items keep rising in price?
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

LOL Fire crystals on Remora are like 7-9k a stack normally :lol:
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Ambrey wrote:LOL Fire crystals on Remora are like 7-9k a stack normally :lol:
Wow. :shock:

Fire crystals on Phoenix average around 4k. Sometimes they sell for 3k and sometimes for 5k. On rare occasions (like now) they are selling for 6k in windy due to the upcoming cooking update.
Nekiu
Big Cat

Post by Nekiu »

<<< Welcome to Midgardsormr! >>>

Vermy Cloak - 12 Mil
Scorpian Harness - 12.5 Mil
Haubergeon - 6 Mil
Hauberk - 5.2 Mil
Emp Hairpin - 3.3 Mil
Leaping boots - 2 Mil
Winged boots - 2 Mil
Spiked fingergauntlets - 5 Mil
Valk mask - 900K

Pretty much the same as Remora for the most part ^^
[img]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5814/mithrafishing2pc.jpg[/img]
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

I believe there was once a study done that compared a Fire Crystal Stack to average server prices, and it was found that on many servers, the ratio was the same. Meaning that even though an item will go for 600k here, and 1.3mil on another server, the ratio of basic inflation on that server is still constant.

However, it's interesting you bring this topic up, as I was just about to complain about it. I was looking into buying a Valkrie Mask, used to go for 450k. Walkure went for 400k. When the Gillsellers moved from Leaping Lizzy and Valkurm Emp, one of the places they went apparently has been to the two Masks.

Valkrie mask is now 1.1mil and over the past 3 days Walkure has bounced from 700k to 1mil. God damn piece of crap no good sons of bitches gilsellers! When I find your puny little hut in Beijing I will mail you a thank you bomb, you assholes....
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Eviticus wrote:I believe there was once a study done that compared a Fire Crystal Stack to average server prices, and it was found that on many servers, the ratio was the same. Meaning that even though an item will go for 600k here, and 1.3mil on another server, the ratio of basic inflation on that server is still constant.

However, it's interesting you bring this topic up, as I was just about to complain about it. I was looking into buying a Valkrie Mask, used to go for 450k. Walkure went for 400k. When the Gillsellers moved from Leaping Lizzy and Valkurm Emp, one of the places they went apparently has been to the two Masks.

Valkrie mask is now 1.1mil and over the past 3 days Walkure has bounced from 700k to 1mil. God damn piece of crap no good sons of bitches gilsellers! When I find your puny little hut in Beijing I will mail you a thank you bomb, you assholes....
Yup happened herrre as well with them. They now farm oozes while they wait for the NM to pop. Same thing with the Monster Signa. :roll:
Losfuin
Feral Cat

Post by Losfuin »

Prrsha wrote:The true test of an economy on the server is its current crystal prices. All other synthed items are based on those ground values.
Agreed. Things like high-end equipment (I'm thinking of Scorp. Harness here) can often be made by only a handful of people, and only a handful will have the gil and desire to purchase them. Other items are now from BCNMs, and have been replaced by rare/ex drops (boots, hairpin, I'm looking at you). On the other hand, far more people use crystals, and as a consumable product, are in constant demand.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Holy crap! And I thought bahamut was bad.

I sold a Hauberk for 4mil not so long back, think Empy is 2mil now. I'll have a look and edit this post with my findings.
Chaoskitten21
Feral Cat

Post by Chaoskitten21 »

with the way the gil sellers camp the sh*t out of everything it drives prices up making things we actually need (valkyrie's mask anyone?) nearly impossible to obtain,wether by camping or buying.christ just to buy it i'd have to buy gil and i'd rather have my face chained to a nasa rocket then launched into orbit then do anything to help the gil sellers
Something wicked this way comes!
Mithra Dark Knight of MithraPride Phoenix Division
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img414.imageshack.us/img414/3020/chaoskitten19no.jpg[/img][/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

It takes me about a week to get a mil together, maybe less. Now Moblin Helm and Mail have been put up to 10K makes it possibly more profitable to mine in Oldton than Gusgan, but more people are doing this :'(
Anyways here are my findings for Bahamut server.

Vermy - 9.8-10M
SH - 8.9-9M
Hauby - 5.5-5.7M
Hauberk - 4-4.2M
Empy Pin - 3M
Leaping - 1.8-2M
Winged - 1.8-2M
Spiked F.G. - 4.4-4.7M
Valk Mask - 1.5M

On a similar note if there's any aspiring DRGs that want to own the full barone set like me here are some pricings.

Corazza (body) - 10-12M
Cosciales (legs) - 400-500K
Manopolas (hands) - 1.2-1.5M
Gambieras (feet) - 2.9M
Zucchetto (head) - 1.3-1.5M

Note only the legs and feet are essential for exp to be pimp as the Assault Jerkin is pimp enough for body and there are better stuff available for head and hands.
Also note the Corazza is extremely rare as the ingredients are a bitch to obtain, your best bet is to find a crafter if you want it. I've been quoted 12mil (after being quoted 10mil originally), just another 2mil to go >.<
I bought the head for 1.5M (bastard put it up 200K >.<) today, now all I need is the body >.<
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Eviticus wrote:......I was looking into buying a Valkrie Mask, used to go for 450k. Walkure went for 400k. When the Gillsellers moved from Leaping Lizzy and Valkurm Emp, one of the places they went apparently has been to the two Masks.

It ain't the Gilsellers, it is their customers.

The rise in prices goes in jumps, not a steady climb. The jumps always corelate with a drop of the price of Gil in real cash.

Gillsellers have as many profesions in FF as any of us do. Some are high level crafters, some camp NMs, some Fishbot for fish or rustys. Some may even garden. And some keep prices DOWN.

On Asura recently someone got REAL MAD at being suspended for Fishbotting when she had been fishing while watching TV rather than the monitor. She dropped the dime on every fishbotter she knew of,and the prices of Black Sole and Sole Sushi skyrocketed.

http://www.lisaarndt.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... e15abf5f81

Check it out :shock:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Jae
Tomcat

Post by Jae »

Phoenix been rising price.. for couple weeks now...
whats funny is... all these price changed happened within few days(weeks ^^a)...

for example.. scorpion harness.. went 6mil to 10mil in a week? i believe?
lol.. AH price history.. each buyer makes 500k+ bids.
Haubergeon+1... friend bought it for 8 or 9mil for HQ..
now HQ is almost 20mil..
Royal Cloak was 7mil?
now HQ is almost 20mil

happened all in second >.>
now the dynamis currency sells for 30k~40k a piece in phoenix
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Hehe that's funny, I'd just love to come along and poke all the bots and get them banned :D

On a side note gilsellers don't camp Walkure Mask, it's a BCNM I believe but still increasing in price so just goes to show it's all due to people who are stupid enough to spend more money on these things.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Jae wrote:whats funny is... all these price changed happened within few days(weeks ^^a)...
Price of Gil Dropped to $8 - 9 / M recently...... :( :x
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

The crystals that I sell on Midgard are:

Earth: 1-1.5k per/stack
lightning: 7k p/s
water: 4k p/s
dark: 7-9k p/s

Clusters seem to sell at basically the same price with little difference.

but the spell prices are also nuts Erase 750k-1M
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

I've found that even though prices are rising even on Alexander, it's easier to earn money too. It's not like you're getting the same prices for farming things... those prices are going up at a similar rate.

So, really, I don't think it's any more difficult to obtain highly sought items. The numbers are different but the effort is about the same.
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Down to $6 - 6.50 / M

Grrrrrrrrr......

Hsssssss........

I so wish places like Mysterytour would stop carrying Gil for sale adds.

Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Tsybil wrote:Down to $6 - 6.50 / M

Grrrrrrrrr......

Hsssssss........

My god thats a bargain! >.>;
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Sigh... I might HAVE to buy gil if I want to ever afford to equip MNK...
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

Grrrrrrrrr......

Hsssssss........

That sucks because it is sooooo tempting. I could easily drop $20 for 3M gil <.<;; ._.
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Cyndari wrote:

Grrrrrrrrr......

Hsssssss........

That sucks because it is sooooo tempting. I could easily drop $20 for 3M gil <.<;; ._.
Not really, I believe those prices are conditional on buying 10M + or dropping $100 or so.

EVERYTIME I see a jump in the prices of big ticket items, I go to Mysterytour and look at the banner adds. Sure enough, 1/1 corespondence price drop of Gil, price rise in game. Makes me want to go out and kick something to death, but no Gilsellers ever seem to voulenteer.

Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Sugami wrote:Hehe that's funny, I'd just love to come along and poke all the bots and get them banned :D

On a side note gilsellers don't camp Walkure Mask, it's a BCNM I believe but still increasing in price so just goes to show it's all due to people who are stupid enough to spend more money on these things.
They do camp the NM for Valkyrie's Mask on Phoenix. It's a NM drrrop not BCNM. As for the Walkure's Mask... dunno.
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Weird, from the way you all talk sounds like recently every server has been jacking the prices up on hot items like the scorp harness, haubys, vermys, ect. Buyers get on the AH and buy these at an extra 250-500k per buy, jacking up the prices by the 100's of thousands in just a couple days.

Is it just me or does that almost sound like a conspiricy? I spoke to a GM once and the GM said and I quote; "SE has a policy on their game economy, no interference, they will not interfere with pricing on the servers, the players themselves dictate the prices". That doesn't seem right anymore. I can see that SE doesn't want to be the governing force on our economy but isn't it out of control? And many of us can't afford to effect pricing so what can we do?

I can remember when I first started the game, Oct of the NA release for PC. Stuff like Snipers, Leaping boots and hairpin were at most 200-250k... I miss those days.
:(
Naru Fugihara
Big Cat

Post by Naru Fugihara »

honestly if I could I'd hack through the FF system so that I could track any gilsellers that are camping NMs like crazy and not letting anyone else have a chance (weather for a quest or cause that person may only want the items for themselves rather than selling them). Then if I find any I'd do what I can to lock up their system or do something like spike them to totally fry their system.

The game would be so much more fun if all the gilsellers would leave.

This is comming from a main WHM so you'll mainly see me camping NMs that I'm fairly sure that I can take but a couple of them are highly camped by gilsellers (which unlike me are armed with Provoke or some other fast way of grabbing mob hate).

I wish SE would make anyone who plans on being a gilseller have to register on a national public list for all to see. From there you can figure out ways to put the list to use to either limit the number of gilsellers per server or put them on a 3 strike thing and they could use the payment information to zero in on the actual player and permently ban them no matter how many different ways they try to resignup.
"Mithras make every job look sexy"

Name:Narufugihara
Job lvls: 18 WAR, 28 MNK, 37 WHM, 20 BLM, 6 BRD, 8 SMN, 25 DRG (Lumiere: [i]Light[/i]), 12 NIN, 7 THF

Crafts: GS-3, FISH-12, COOK-7, CC-1, WW-3
Swimsuit: Top +1 [X] Bottom +1 [X]

Mules: Narunarusagawa (all my mules are gonna start with Naru >^_^<)

NPC Friend: Yoli Kohlpaka

Jobs I plan to take to AF lvl: WHM, DRG
Losfuin
Feral Cat

Post by Losfuin »

Ambrey wrote:Weird, from the way you all talk sounds like recently every server has been jacking the prices up on hot items like the scorp harness, haubys, vermys, ect. Buyers get on the AH and buy these at an extra 250-500k per buy, jacking up the prices by the 100's of thousands in just a couple days.

Is it just me or does that almost sound like a conspiricy?
Not really. It sounds to me like high-level crafters and those who got rare drops from BCNMs are finding that, as long as price increase is gradual, there's always *someone* who will pay that much money for the item in question.
Chaoskitten21
Feral Cat

Post by Chaoskitten21 »

Naru Fugihara wrote:honestly if I could I'd hack through the FF system so that I could track any gilsellers that are camping NMs like crazy and not letting anyone else have a chance (weather for a quest or cause that person may only want the items for themselves rather than selling them). Then if I find any I'd do what I can to lock up their system or do something like spike them to totally fry their system.

The game would be so much more fun if all the gilsellers would leave.

This is comming from a main WHM so you'll mainly see me camping NMs that I'm fairly sure that I can take but a couple of them are highly camped by gilsellers (which unlike me are armed with Provoke or some other fast way of grabbing mob hate).

I wish SE would make anyone who plans on being a gilseller have to register on a national public list for all to see. From there you can figure out ways to put the list to use to either limit the number of gilsellers per server or put them on a 3 strike thing and they could use the payment information to zero in on the actual player and permently ban them no matter how many different ways they try to resignup.
naru i totally aggre with ya.there have been times when i was so tempted to MPK those f***ing gil sellers.heh just ask prrsha bout our recent mask hunting expiditions.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img414.imageshack.us/img414/3020/chaoskitten19no.jpg[/img][/url]
Chaoskitten21
Feral Cat

Post by Chaoskitten21 »

As for the Walkure's Mask... dunno.
Walkure Mask is a BCNM drop.it drops from BCNM 60,forget which one tho.saw it on alla the other day