So A Mithra Walked Into A Garage Sale.....

A place to talk about... anything!
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

So A Mithra Walked Into A Garage Sale.....

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I was browsing for games, consoles, and more importantly, spare 3 3/4th GI Joe spare parts and figures to finish a few customs.... so I found what I was looking for, but mixed in the bag, On my way back to mcdonalds for food fun and monopoly, I found some GI Joe Sigma 6 Series parts in there, snake eye's gear, duke's vest and pistols and holsters, storm shadows gear, and I thought, wow.... So off to big Lots.... half off sale, they had the entire series one line. Including the brand new hover ninja cycle. Now Dont get me wrong, Yes I customize action figures, but it means I'm still a kid at heart.

I bought Spirit for 7 bucks and the cycle for another 7, total 14.58

I get home and pull out my sculpy and my paint, finally a decent figure to do my female version of Spirit, Wolf-Eyes. Been wanting to for years. I mean I grew up with my brother, and parents, back then All I had was my brother to hang with and he turned me on to gi joe, (isnt that scary a girl who thinks barbie sucks :p ). So after baking and fixing up my new custom figure, I repainted the cycle with black gray and teal/aquamarine.

ALl thats left is a custom card back. Now let me say this, THANK YOU HASBRO!!!!! YOU HELPED MY CUSTOM VISION COME TRUE! These 8 inch figures are perfect!!!! More detail then anything! Props and Kudos To Hasbro, and You better have that next series out by christmas damn you! Big Ltos has that sale til the end of the month by me. Ima go pick up the rest of the series jsut becuase. well maybe Heavy Duty... heh.

--Karou, The Kitten At Heart Action Figure Customizer, Figure and vehicle pics coming soon, still a Work In Progress....

NOTE: Does anyone know any kind of fabric paint I can use for the vest? The uniform gear for the sigma 6 line is cloth and I need the vest to go gray to match the pants, plus the logo on the back.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I just go see what Jo-Ann calls fabric paints.

I have also used OPAQUE shoe dye, not the thinner alchohol based stuff. Dyo #2 is the line I used, but I spent years as a leathersmith and usually had it around.

/digs around and finds a crusty 25 year old bottle of Dyo

Barbie can be very amusing. My Barbie rides a '46 Indian Chief. Those out of scale Harleys are better suited to your 8" GI Joes than an 11" Barbie. My best friend's barbie wears black leather and has Skipper tied to a rack.....
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

lol sweeet, Barbie teh biker chick~ *laughs* I may be going overboard with the sigma 6 work, hell it is brand new, but I'm glad the sculpy boobies came out great, plus the little visible tummy action :oops:
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

I used to work at Jo-Ann's, their fabric paint will work....but unless you're visiting a Super Store, be sure to ask them what other stores in your area carry fabric paint. Compare.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

Kinda reminds me of what i tried to do with my macross figures from back in the 80s.. kinda sad i did that now. they'd prolly be worth a small fortune on e-bay
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
angelstar107
Tomcat

Post by angelstar107 »

Well what do you know... Hasbro can actually done something right. I mean, they killed the original TMNT, along with other good shows... *grumble* Stupid Hasbro and their idiotrity...
Mnk 75, Drg 75, Sam 75, Blu 74, War 50, Thf 41, Dnc 58, Nin 37, Whm 42, Rdm 46, Pup 41, Rng 63, Bst 19, Pld 4, Drk 26, Smn 3, Sch 7

[23:41] Starlight: Markov, why are bikini's getting smaller and smaller?
[23:41] MarkovBot: Because you are going to work.

Ninetails Pride! ^.~ Kittens are cool too...
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I like the new Sigma 6 series, I only wish I was at san diego convention to see the figures :/
Fayin
Feral Cat

Post by Fayin »

Girls who think of Barbie as a role model concern me more. Doomed, I think, to a life of superficial shallowness. Briteny Spears or Jessica Simpson anyone?

Soooo, Karou. Are you gonna throw a pic of this thing online or do we have to use our imagination. Like animals.
[b]-Fayin-[/b]
46WHM   43BLM   48THF   21WAR
59+1 Cooking   58+1 Woodworking   25 Fishing

[b]-Entourage-[/b]
Name                     Lv     GB   MHE Aketon  Warp
Fayinsjeunomule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinssandymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinswindymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinsbastymule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]

[size=75]"omg Ebay..."[/size]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

as I've said before, I dont have a camera to take pics with at the moment, and its not finished yet, I've been sick most of the week and havnt felt like locating acamera anyways...
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Fayin wrote:Girls who think of Barbie as a role model concern me more. Doomed, I think, to a life of superficial shallowness. Briteny Spears or Jessica Simpson anyone?....
Every Barbie owned by every girl under 12 seems to live in a state of perpetual nudity. I don't think this is the Role Model you meant though. :lol:

When she was younger, Briteny looked a LOT like Barbie.

Hurt by slumping sales in the Barbie department, Mattel is revamping Barbie's image, storyline, and wardrobe. Se here if interested:

http://netscape.businessweek.com/bwdail ... _db016.htm

Oh yes, revamping their exectuvies too. :lol:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: So A Mithra Walked Into A Garage Sale.....

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: So A Mithra Walked Into A Garage Sale.....

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting