Chocobo racing questions

Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Chocobo racing questions

Post by Kahvi »

How exactly do you finish the chocobo race mini-game/quest?

do you get a cut scene when you zone into the area mentioned?

or is there a npc you need to talk to?
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Nobodyreal
Housecat

Post by Nobodyreal »

There is an NPC standing outside the gate for the destination stable. I'm not sure if it's getting to them or talking to them that finishes the quest.
[img]http://users.sisna.com/mschild/graphics/ffxisig.jpg[/img]
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

okay, didnt know. I'll give it a try while i do G4 tonight
Windurst Rank 10

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Ride to the entry mentioned and do not dismount. For Windurst and San d'Oria this is trival, only one entry in the zone. For Bastok, ride to the Mines Gate. When you get there there will be a cutscene with an automatic dismount.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

just did sandy > windy

29 minutes 28 seconds...

i missed 2 vital shortcuts that prolly would have shaved 1min 30 off my time

by the way, how often can you do this quest?
Windurst Rank 10

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

I think once a day.

RT day or Vanad'iel day? Ummmmm.... Have to check on that.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Nobodyreal
Housecat

Post by Nobodyreal »

It can also be easily taken advantage of for free chocobo rental if you're in the right place at the right time.
[img]http://users.sisna.com/mschild/graphics/ffxisig.jpg[/img]
Sabre
Kitten

Post by Sabre »

Well, you can only get the EXP Scroll reward 1 time a week, never been able to get the quest again after I successfully do the run. So I doubt it is once a day.
Sabre
Homeland: Windurst Rank 10
Notable Jobs: 75 WHM, 75 BRD, 75 RDM, 61 PLD, 56 BST, 40 BLM, 38 WAR, 37 SMN
Gospel
Tomcat

Post by Gospel »

i could only do 1 run. Not even for any other items. Must be time based before u can do it again.
More barabric than Heaven.

There can be only one.

White Mage - AF1-[:2thumb:] AF2-[:2thumb:] AF3-[:2thumb:] AF4-[:2thumb:] AF5-[:2thumb:] AF6-[:2thumb:]
The relic hunt begins soon!!!
AFv2-1 (Mjollnir) [:(] - AFv2-2 (Cleric's Duckbills) [:(] - AFv2-3 (Cleric's Cap) [:(] - AFv2-4 (Cleric's Pantaloons) [:(] - AFv2-5 (Cleric's Briault) [:2thumb:] - AFv2-6 (Cleric's Mitts) [:2thumb:]

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style1,Gospel.png[/img][/url]
Gwynn
Big Cat

Post by Gwynn »

I hold the record for Sandy > bastok on both hades and Bismark. i love this quest. and yes, i 've only gotten it once per week, so far.

Bismark: 18'55"
Hades: 19'02"
[b]Gwynn[/b] : [color=Orange][i] Bismark Server[/i][/color]
Primary: RDM75/BLM37
Secondary:WAR75/NIN37
Next: NIN63/WAR31
Bastok Rank: 9
ZM:17 PM 3-5 TM: 8
AFb:
WAR: Head [x] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
RDM: Head [ ] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Is there a short way through Rolanbery fields?

Nohytuu
Kitten

Post by Nohytuu »

What would help is a map, or a way to skim extra seconds off the clock. >.<

I was a minute and a half over the time for the memoir going Windy>Sandy (yes, it's probably one of the hardest out there, I know).

Does it do anything to put my FFXI settings as low as possible? Staying in first person view - emptying my inventory space?

I can't do much about my DSL and computer, alas. It would stick if this quest were so biased.
One of the few Originally named Mithra around!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Nohytuu wrote:I was a minute and a half over the time for the memoir going Windy>Sandy (yes, it's probably one of the hardest out there, I know).
I rate them Norg, hardest, Windurst <=> Bastok, close second, Windurst <=> San d'Oria, Close third, Bastok <=> San d'Oria, piece of cake. Rolanbery Fields is my downfall.
Nohytuu wrote:Does it do anything to put my FFXI settings as low as possible? Staying in first person view - emptying my inventory space?
I can't navagate nearly as precisley in third person, so for me it is first. If you get weather lag, turn weather effects off. I have to unequip my LS. If you need faster load times, turn your settings down but I don't.

I don't think we get a weight penealty or those Galka on their fat birds would never win.

Did you know that the birds we and the Taru ride are a smaller breed called Jennets?

Nohytuu
Kitten

Post by Nohytuu »

Jennets, spiffy. :)

Well, I can certainly turn the weather off. I tried turnever as many things off/low as I could once to see how the game ran, and it felt like it didn't improve much. Real fuzzy screen too (was sorta amusing).

By item inventory I meant less items so there's less 'data' to load. It's possible that accounts a bit, since it has to load in your character too.

It's interesting this doesn't seem to be anywhere in the allakhazam quest books. barely found the one topic on it last time.

Well, I'll experiment.
One of the few Originally named Mithra around!
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Chocobo racing questions

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Chocobo racing questions

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting