Servers going down for more than a day ;;

A place to talk about... anything!
Sabre
Kitten

Servers going down for more than a day ;;

Post by Sabre »

Aug. 2, 2005 20:20 [PDT]

PlayOnline Scheduled Maintenance (Aug. 8th)

At the following time, we will be performing PlayOnline server maintenance. During this period, PlayOnline, Tetra Master and FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

The "Friend List Plus" feature, as well as the "Q&A" feature accessible from the official PlayOnline homepage (http://www.playonline.com/) will be unavailable as well.
You may also experience delays when sending mail through the "PlayOnline Mail" system.
[Affected Period]
From Aug. 8, 2005 from 8:00 to Aug. 9, 2005 2:00 (PDT)

*Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.
[Important Update Details]
Server machine upgrades
[Affected Services]
PlayOnline

What is a kitty to do???? :cry:
Sabre
Homeland: Windurst Rank 10
Notable Jobs: 75 WHM, 75 BRD, 75 RDM, 61 PLD, 56 BST, 40 BLM, 38 WAR, 37 SMN
Suhraa
Kitten

Post by Suhraa »

Arghhhhh, didn't see FFXI would be unavailable during that time !!!

I... need.../cough....ARGGHH.....FFXI.....dead kitty.
Suhraa PLD 60 THF 60 RDM 65 BST 35
Windurst rank 7 - mission 7-1
Cooking Artisan 70
G1-G4 done
PM 2-5 - ZM 4
PLD/THF/RDM AF complete
Other ls : Lightwarrior (social) - Beastmastersofhades (BST only)
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Suhraa wrote:I... need.../cough....ARGGHH.....FFXI.....dead kitty.
:? {/Poke} {/Poke}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, 8AM to 2AM is only 18 hours. So, that's 3/4ths of a day not quite, "More then a day." Cheer up, they first announced that it would last until 8PM. That would have been 36 hours.
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Sabre
Kitten

Post by Sabre »

Suhraa wrote:I... need.../cough....ARGGHH.....FFXI.....dead kitty.
:shock:

Bring in the pile of warm laundry!!! Let's see if we can revive this one!
Sabre
Homeland: Windurst Rank 10
Notable Jobs: 75 WHM, 75 BRD, 75 RDM, 61 PLD, 56 BST, 40 BLM, 38 WAR, 37 SMN
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Suhraa wrote:Arghhhhh, didn't see FFXI would be unavailable during that time !!!

/ma Raise Suhraa

Dang, I ran outta MP!!!
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Naru Fugihara
Big Cat

Post by Naru Fugihara »

Suhraa wrote:Arghhhhh, didn't see FFXI would be unavailable during that time !!!

Let me try.

/ma Raise Suhraa

*Many Bogies suddenly appear surrounding Naru in the dead of night*

o_o eeeppp.
"Mithras make every job look sexy"

Name:Narufugihara
Job lvls: 18 WAR, 28 MNK, 37 WHM, 20 BLM, 6 BRD, 8 SMN, 25 DRG (Lumiere: [i]Light[/i]), 12 NIN, 7 THF

Crafts: GS-3, FISH-12, COOK-7, CC-1, WW-3
Swimsuit: Top +1 [X] Bottom +1 [X]

Mules: Narunarusagawa (all my mules are gonna start with Naru >^_^<)

NPC Friend: Yoli Kohlpaka

Jobs I plan to take to AF lvl: WHM, DRG
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

/em Falls over Unconcious holding a rose*
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

/em comes riding to the scene with the MogWagon (tm) Moogle High Threat Response team.

Moogle 1: Team B, secure the area. Doc, we got three deaders here.

Kahvi: They're not all dead, just mostly dead.

Moogle 2: So, whats the difference?

Kahvi: If they were all dead, there'd be nothing left to do except to turn out thier pockets and look for loose change.

Moogle 1: >.<
Moogle 2: >.<

Kahvi: okay.. so it was a bad joke... just Tractor them to the LZ and I'll do my magic.

/em uses Chainspell
.. casts Raise on Suhraa
.. casts Raise on Naru
.. casts Raise on Karou

Moogle 1: They're breaching the front line. Our tanks cant seem to voke them away from this direction.

Kahvi: Aw mittins....
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Nobodyreal
Housecat

Post by Nobodyreal »

Amatuers.

/em summons Ifrit
Ifrit uses Inferno
/em waves goodbye to the Bogies
[img]http://users.sisna.com/mschild/graphics/ffxisig.jpg[/img]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Kahvi wrote:/em comes riding to the scene with the MogWagon (tm) Moogle High Threat Response team.
Lol! Shadowrun! :)
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

/em is revived realizes no XI and panics and faints again
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Naru Fugihara
Big Cat

Post by Naru Fugihara »

/em is revived.

Note to self: Don't any big magic like that in the dead of night.
"Mithras make every job look sexy"

Name:Narufugihara
Job lvls: 18 WAR, 28 MNK, 37 WHM, 20 BLM, 6 BRD, 8 SMN, 25 DRG (Lumiere: [i]Light[/i]), 12 NIN, 7 THF

Crafts: GS-3, FISH-12, COOK-7, CC-1, WW-3
Swimsuit: Top +1 [X] Bottom +1 [X]

Mules: Narunarusagawa (all my mules are gonna start with Naru >^_^<)

NPC Friend: Yoli Kohlpaka

Jobs I plan to take to AF lvl: WHM, DRG
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

its bad taht wi will be down for a whole day, but seeing as they are doing Hardware changes this time, its understandable.
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Ripley
Kitten

Post by Ripley »

Nothing understandable about it.
I'll go into withdrawl without my daily fix of FFXI. :?

:x SE better not take away the whole day. :x
WAR40 WHM30 BLM30 RDM55 THF20
DRG35 SMN15
San D'oria Rank 5

NPC: Karyn
Wyvern: Ember
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

/em writes perscriptions for ice cream and hands them to everyone that will suffer FFXI withdrawl when the servers are undergoing maintence.
Windurst Rank 10

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Damn SE! I know how to fix this problem... Planetside style!

/em grabs a cud.

Option number four. (a.k.a. Orbital Strike)

*map is brough up along with the radius that the OS can be used*

Just target the SE corporate office of North America...

*presses upload cordinates*

*Purple line of light appears on top SE NA*

Who would like to do the honors and destroy launch the Orbital Strike?

((Note: OS is basically Planetside's beam cannon of doom that can be summoned from any place and once firednwill decimate and entire area. Similiar to Unreal Tournament's Redeemer weapon. Although this isn't a missle. it's just an Orbiting platform that can fire a beam at X place for an instant kill. Similiar to the infamous "Pugil's screw driver attack on weak little Tarutaru blackmage."))
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

I really want to know why Square-Enix has decided to schedule these full day maintenances on the birthdays of people in my family. July 18th was my birthday and August 8th is my father's. =b
[Active]
Chi - Level 60 Undead Rogue - Member of Unison - [Rank 9] Centurion ~ 12,695 Honorable Kills - 3 Dishonorable Kills

[Retired]
Batsu - Level 60 Elvaan Paladin - Level 56 Samurai
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Batsu wrote:I really want to know why Square-Enix has decided to schedule these full day maintenances on the birthdays of people in my family. July 18th was my birthday and August 8th is my father's. =b
They are just being considerate of your quality family time.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Rakshasa
Tomcat

Post by Rakshasa »

Prrsha wrote:
Kahvi wrote:/em comes riding to the scene with the MogWagon (tm) Moogle High Threat Response team.
Random thought I've been wondering for a long time:

Anyone know anything about a Shadowrun MMORPG? If there was ever a game I have looked forward to, it'd have to be that. Last I heard they were half done with it, then FASA tanked. :roll: Haven't heard anything in years.
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/Furbewok/SigTemp.jpg[/img]

You can't stop the Rak. ^^
-Rakshasa
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Werewolf: The Forsaken MMORPG, that's a neato Idea, packs of wolves running around beating up vamps, mages, and other werewolves..... dammit!! that stupid freak downtime is waarping my mind
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

PC support tech goes teh h@x0r INSANE: THE MMORPG. In this game you play a cubilce monkey who must quest for items like "the golden floppy disc of virus immunity" and "The USB flash drive of forgiveness" to achieve the vaunted position of (King of the Geeks). Your inventory slots are: Glasses, Pocket Protector (10 spaces), Front Pocket (2 spaces), and Bookbag (inifinity spaces). You do side quests like fix Mary's PC in accounting, or help the new temp employee figure out how to use their e-mail.... Lots of grinding involving running windows update on everybody's machine.
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

hey Baketsu, I can't get to an XI PC atm for model viewer, ya feel like throwin somethin together for me really quick?
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:hey Baketsu, I can't get to an XI PC atm for model viewer, ya feel like throwin somethin together for me really quick?
Sorry, I am work right now..... Plus I have no idea how to use modeler, been playing too much FFXI, I wanna play witht eh modeler, cause i have some ideas for a FFXI music video. But alas,

Baketsu is intimidated by FFXI's presence.

Sorry
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

lolz
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Baketsu wrote:PC support tech goes teh h@x0r INSANE: THE MMORPG. In this game you play a cubilce monkey who must quest for items like "the golden floppy disc of virus immunity" and "The USB flash drive of forgiveness" to achieve the vaunted position of (King of the Geeks). Your inventory slots are: Glasses, Pocket Protector (10 spaces), Front Pocket (2 spaces), and Bookbag (inifinity spaces). You do side quests like fix Mary's PC in accounting, or help the new temp employee figure out how to use their e-mail.... Lots of grinding involving running windows update on everybody's machine.
Baketsu, my best friend IRL was a great X files fan. She is also a government employe with middle managment responsibilites.

Of course she bought the X files game, but she couldn't play it. "Its too much like WORK!! They got the Goverment offices just right, and I swear they even use the same model cell phone I have."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Some games were not meant to be played by some people. Your proposed game.... no one who works in IT will put more than an hour into it.
Last edited by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) on Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Tsybil wrote:
Baketsu wrote:PC support tech goes teh h@x0r INSANE: THE MMORPG. In this game you play a cubilce monkey who must quest for items like "the golden floppy disc of virus immunity" and "The USB flash drive of forgiveness" to achieve the vaunted position of (King of the Geeks). Your inventory slots are: Glasses, Pocket Protector (10 spaces), Front Pocket (2 spaces), and Bookbag (inifinity spaces). You do side quests like fix Mary's PC in accounting, or help the new temp employee figure out how to use their e-mail.... Lots of grinding involving running windows update on everybody's machine.
Batsu, my best friend IRL was a great X files fan. She is also a government employe with middle managment responsibilites.

Of course she bought the X files game, but she couldn't play it. "Its too much like WORK!! They got the Goverment offices just right, and I swear they even use the same model cell phone I have."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Some games were not meant to be played by some people. Your proposed game.... no one who works in IT will put more than an hour into it.

I am NOT BATSU!!!!!! I AM BAKETSU!!!!!! Please, I don't want to be associated with Batsu, because i am not him!!!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Baketsu wrote: I am NOT BATSU!!!!!! I AM BAKETSU!!!!!! Please, I don't want to be associated with Batsu, because i am not him!!!
/kneels at Baketsu's feet and begs forgivness.

Corrrected.

Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Tsybil wrote:
Baketsu wrote: I am NOT BATSU!!!!!! I AM BAKETSU!!!!!! Please, I don't want to be associated with Batsu, because i am not him!!!
/kneels at Baketsu's feet and begs forgivness.

Corrrected.
Apology accepted! Don't let it happen again!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

Baketsu wrote:
KarouKaniyashia wrote:hey Baketsu, I can't get to an XI PC atm for model viewer, ya feel like throwin somethin together for me really quick?
Sorry, I am work right now..... Plus I have no idea how to use modeler, been playing too much FFXI, I wanna play witht eh modeler, cause i have some ideas for a FFXI music video. But alas,

Baketsu is intimidated by FFXI's presence.

Sorry

... and out of the firey crucible of a previous Karou sig, comes the steely presence of a..... new... Karou... sig.
[color=indigo]New sig comin'. But in the meantime...[/color]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/baofowfwoosh.gif[/img]
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

Rakshasa wrote:
Prrsha wrote:
Random thought I've been wondering for a long time:

Anyone know anything about a Shadowrun MMORPG? If there was ever a game I have looked forward to, it'd have to be that. Last I heard they were half done with it, then FASA tanked. :roll: Haven't heard anything in years.
no, as much as i'd love to be in Seattle 2066 right now, i havent heard anything of the sort. I did hear that there was a Dungeons and Dragons MMORPG in the works of being made, but i didnt hear who was making it.

D&D is the one thing that could pull me from ffxi... >.<
Windurst Rank 10