A place to talk about... anything!
Prrsha

WARNING! DO NOT USE THE FFXI WINDOWER!

Post by Prrsha »

You could be banned for it now!

Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

That GM is an asshole, just like the 5-0. He thinks that just because he has a bit of authority over others that he can take advantage of it and be an ass. I would tell him to go f*** himself.
[Active]
Chi - Level 60 Undead Rogue - Member of Unison - [Rank 9] Centurion ~ 12,695 Honorable Kills - 3 Dishonorable Kills

[Retired]
Batsu - Level 60 Elvaan Paladin - Level 56 Samurai
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

there are only four letters that can describe what happened in those two pictures....

P W N D

btw.. think we are up to see another gilseller massacre like the one in feb.?
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Lol, dunno but already SE has two more patches planed this month to stop cheat programs. Also the patch today nulled the fix for the windower that was posted yesterday. Coding wars! :lol:
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Exciting . . .
[Active]
Chi - Level 60 Undead Rogue - Member of Unison - [Rank 9] Centurion ~ 12,695 Honorable Kills - 3 Dishonorable Kills

[Retired]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

oh shove off batsu, he's doing his job, and unlike you, at least was leniant, using a 3rd party device is an automatic account suspension, but the player worked it out, and how do you know he was singled out? hmm are you a fugging GM DO YOU KNOW THAT HE WAS SINGLED OUT!? Batsu shut your mouth before you post, unless you know what your talking about.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Aesha Clan-Clan
Big Cat

Post by Aesha Clan-Clan »

ok, for one, they dont just 'single out' people, if they catch you, they prosecute you, simple as that. I dont agree with them going after people who use the windower, they should be focusing on bigger problems. the windower makes the game tolerable for some (i hate not having access to the MP IRC and my IM programs). Karou is right, he is only doing his job, and he wasnt being rude or anything about it. However, f*** SE, im not giving up the windower. if they suspend me for it, ill continue using it, if they ban me, then hello new MMO.
A catgirl is a woman or girl with cat ears and a cat tail, but an otherwise human body; they are found semi-commonly in anime and manga either as a form of cosplay or actual body parts, as well as in a few videogames. Catgirls wishing to look especially cute will wear over-sized mittens and shoes that look like paws. Fans unfamilar with the Japanese obsession with kawaii sometimes point out catgirls act more like kittens than grown cats, who can be aloof and surly.
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Karou . . . Karou . . . Karou . . . would you please . . . SHUT THE F U C K UP BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.
[Active]

[Retired]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Aesha Clan-Clan wrote:ok, for one, they dont just 'single out' people, if they catch you, they prosecute you, simple as that. I dont agree with them going after people who use the windower, they should be focusing on bigger problems. the windower makes the game tolerable for some (i hate not having access to the MP IRC and my IM programs). Karou is right, he is only doing his job, and he wasnt being rude or anything about it. However, f*** SE, im not giving up the windower. if they suspend me for it, ill continue using it, if they ban me, then hello new MMO.
The windower is bad because the new version allows open text support. The teleport hack used that feature for it as a plug in. That's why SE is cracking down on it. The old windower prob didn't concern them. The makers of the windower really shot themselves in the foot with this one. If you are using the windower you ARE using the app to gain an advantage over other players. The latest version has a TP monitior for example that allows you to see other player's TP.

You signed an agreement with SE when you installed the game. You are bound to that agreement. Don't like it? Play another MMORPG. I know I may sound harsh but I have no sympathy for those who were banned. They knew what they were getting into by breaking their agreement.

They are also not singling people out, there is an uproar on several forums about accounts getting banned across the boards. A 92 hr temp ban seems to be the punishment then a perm ban for 2nd offences.
sakono
Housecat

Post by sakono »

hmmonly thing i don't like about the pics are the fact that the gm didn't give a reason as to why it was 96hr sepention. he was just 96hrs keep asking why and i'll ban you from the game i don't need a reason other then you are useing a windower

which is against the rules set by SE but still gm was all that nice. he seem to want to bann the person
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Not really from my own personal experience, i was banned 48 hours for shouting an argument in bastok via /sh, i felt i was being singled out and i wasnt, both of us were charged as guilty and as i tried to bully so to speak my gm friend on diabolos, she doesnt gm there she's on FMO now, she told me flat out, 48 hours to she could just have my account terminated becuase she was sick of my antics of "weasling" out.

i took the 48 hours.

GMs make a sentance and they are set on it, he said 96 no more, but when he got badgered, he was at the point of just "wanna put it up for termination?" Technically the 3rd party windower has other applications so to speak, it is an automatic termination, but the GM didnt see that fit to a player who has never had a record of cheating.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

HOWEVER, I am siding wth Sakono now. The GM SHOULD have told the player why, by ignoring the player's honest question the GM was rude as hell but its not becuase he was doing his job. the GM did his job no questions asked. But it was common courtesy to answer the question which he failed to do.

if anyone thinks this is wrong, PM me ill give you my address and you can mailbomb me
Yugi
Mad Cat

Post by Yugi »

my brain hurts..what a wndower?
[img]http://www.fairyland.to/BakaMemo/catgirls.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.fairyland.to/BakaMemo/riaa-kittens.jpg[/img]
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

A windower is a third-party program that allows you to play Final Fantasy XI in a window. A good example would be . . . the window you're using right now to view this site.
[Active]

[Retired]
Nobodyreal
Housecat

Post by Nobodyreal »

A windower is a program that runs the PC version of FFXI in a window instead of full screen.

And Battsu, sod off. The GM was doing his job. From what I've seen so far you're the kind of person who whines and moans about things being unfair because you're not handed everything on a silver platter.

The ability to see other party members TP and MP is a cheat. Period. It's a modification of the game that allows you to do/see things that you aren't supposed to. And to quote directly from the FFXI user agreement (at https://secure.playonline.com/supportus ... 1user.html)
3.1 Prohibited Activities.
You may not use the Game or PlayOnline for any activities that are illegal, fraudulent, or a violation of the rights of any third party. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following acts and activities are strictly prohibited and shall, without prejudice to any other rights or remedies that SEI may have, be cause for immediate termination of your PlayOnline account and your right to play the Game (or any other services) in connection therewith:

(a) Any activities consisting of selling, purchasing or exchanging “gil” or any other currency that may be used in the Game from time to time, characters, and/or Game items for value (including, but not limited to, any payment in kind and any payment in any currency recognized as legal tender in any country, state, territory or other jurisdiction anywhere in the world) through any means or venue, including, without limitation, Internet auctions or other online exchanges;
(b) The use of or participation in the Game for the purpose, in furtherance of, or in preparation for committing any illegal acts (including, by way of example but not limitation, any kind of gambling) or otherwise violating any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any rules or regulations promulgated thereunder;
(c) The interference with or disruption of the Game or the PlayOnline Service or any servers or networks connected thereto, or the failure to obey any procedures, policies, regulations or other requirements of any networks connected to the PlayOnline Service;
(d) The unauthorized use, duplication, transmission, display, performance or distribution of any items owned by you or third parties, or any other commission of any act of copyright, trademark, or patent infringement, trade secret infringement or misappropriation, or any other violation of any intellectual property or other proprietary right;
(e) The impersonation or attempted impersonation of any employee of SEI or any SEI partner or affiliate, any other user of the Game or the PlayOnline Service, or any other person, in a manner intended to deceive or mislead any third party, or in any effort to access the account of another Game player or PlayOnline user;
(f) The use of the Game or the PlayOnline Service to harass any third party, including other users of the Game and PlayOnline Service, or to solicit, encourage or threaten bodily harm or destruction of property; and
(g) Use of any cheat codes or cheat devices.
Those are the rules. You don't like them? Fine, but you're still bound by them for as long as you play the game. That person was caught breaking the rules by using a cheat program and suffered the consequences.
[img]http://users.sisna.com/mschild/graphics/ffxisig.jpg[/img]
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Guess I'm going to have to explain it to another moron, blinded by their own ignorance.

I'm completely aware that the GM was doing his job. However, the GM was also being rude and disrespectful to the player when its also their job to HELP. The player was kindly and politely asking why he had to have a 96 hour suspension. The GM just ignored him, which he shouldn't have done, and eventually, basically said . . . "If you don't shut up I can ban you." That is not doing your job, thats being an asshole.

Anyways, about your wise ass comment about me getting everything handed to me on a silver platter and I don't whine. You're a fucking dumbass, I don't get sh*t handed to me on a silver platter, you know nothing about me. If you don't believe me ask your fellow Mithra Pride member, Jae. He knows me better than any of you do and he will gladly tell you that I do not have things handed to me on a "silver platter". Next time know what you're talking about before you go making false accusations.

Sorry I had to serve you such a tall glass of, "Shut the f*** up!"

Okay, now I'm done. No one else provoke me . . . I'm not looking for a fight. -.-
[Active]

[Retired]
Nobodyreal
Housecat

Post by Nobodyreal »

Battsu, if you don't want people to treat you like a whiney little prick, you should stop acting like one. Welcome to ignore.
[img]http://users.sisna.com/mschild/graphics/ffxisig.jpg[/img]
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Good, I'd rather not have to deal with someone who is incapable of comprehending the simplest of things and who can't even spell the damn word right. It’s Batsu (baht-soo), its Japanese for conflict, justice, ect . . . no use in explaining it because your just going to hide behind ignore like a coward.

Oh well, you're just putting me on your ignore list out of frustration that I made you look like a fool. I don't care though, just one less moron I have to worry about.
[Active]

[Retired]
Yugi
Mad Cat

Post by Yugi »

yeah justice and you have a bad attitude..;.; am i supposed to know everysingle thing on ffxi? you don't have to be such a jerk..;.;
[img]http://www.fairyland.to/BakaMemo/catgirls.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.fairyland.to/BakaMemo/riaa-kittens.jpg[/img]
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

SE can bite my tail, I will never stop useing the windower, and FYI if you dont tell anyone you are using it......noone can report you and you cant get banned...simple as that. The GMs cant detect taht youare using Windower so they have to rely on whiny people reporting them.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Kailea wrote:SE can bite my tail, I will never stop useing the windower, and FYI if you dont tell anyone you are using it......noone can report you and you cant get banned...simple as that. The GMs cant detect taht youare using Windower so they have to rely on whiny people reporting them.
Ummmm, I wouldn't be too sure on that. Some of the people posting on the allak forums are saying that they told no one. While there is no way I can prove what they are saying is true, one shouldn't likewise claim that there is no way it can be detected. I myself have no clue to how Arcbell's windower works so unless you are designed the program or know how it works in relation to FFXI's software, that's a mighty big claim to be making.

edit: I also agree that the GM should have disclosed what the player was getting banned for. GMs should never leave players in the dark to the reasons of why certain actions were taken against them.
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

PS2 for teh win :rofl: :mrgreen:
Yugi
Mad Cat

Post by Yugi »

yeah! :D
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

um the gm did tell what they were being banned for, windower is ilegal, the issue is that he wasnt told why it was a 96 hour ban :P
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

Yeah he did, he said because of the cooperation, it was reduced from immediate deletion, to just 96 hours. How much clearer you want?
kashell
Tomcat

Post by kashell »

I will keep using a windower regardless. They can't really detect that you're using a a windower unless they scan you computer which is illegal, and honestly if they could detect you running 3rd party programs why haven't they banned all the provoke bots, fish bots?
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Good point, and this brings into motion why the RIAA was in Federal Court in severe trouble, MP3 File sharers got caught by them Scanning your computer, and the Supreme court made it perfectly clear, UNLESS you are the FBI, CIA, OR ANY Branch of the United States Military, Scanning computers is ilegal as heck and will land you in federal prision for up to life. or some rediculas sentance.

point in case is, if thas what SE is doing, their in trouble.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

kashell wrote:I will keep using a windower regardless. They can't really detect that you're using a a windower unless they scan you computer which is illegal, and honestly if they could detect you running 3rd party programs why haven't they banned all the provoke bots, fish bots?
Once again, prove to me that they can't detect it. Do you have any idea how the windower works or even marks the TP of players? No. It could send TP requests to the server a million times a sec. That would be one way to detect it. You should know that not every program works the same way.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Again Prrrsha you made another good point, based of the fact that outright scanning of computers is basically Ilegal and restricted to the Feds in the United States, There are secondary ways to scan that are legal for game companies who run MMOs, and thats true, no program is the same, running TP requests to the server is like running into an ambush, unless your cloaked which most arnt. :P
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:Again Prrrsha you made another good point, based of the fact that outright scanning of computers is basically Ilegal and restricted to the Feds in the United States, There are secondary ways to scan that are legal for game companies who run MMOs, and thats true, no program is the same, running TP requests to the server is like running into an ambush, unless your cloaked which most arnt. :P
I also wonder if the program alters any FFXI files as well. As such wouldn't SE be entitled to scan to see if their own program files have been altered? Very much like the same way when they update your files? I'm not sure how this all works with the windower but if the programs work in conjunction with the FFXI software and alters it, would they be able to detect the altered files considering they have access to the windower patches on Arcbell's site?