How hard would it be?

A place to talk about... anything!
Toren
Tomcat

How hard would it be?

Post by Toren »

For square to implement new jobs in FFXI. Like say Gun Mage or the gambler(lady luck). Those i think would be good additions to the jobs system.
I dont know how the Gambler would fit into a party setting, but i think it may work.
[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/MaryAliceDa/twmr01.jpg[/img]

Might just go WHM/SMN if Meeyutu makes me a new SIG :) :)

Ha just think of the DMG i can do.....[RNG/SAM] :)

Kyuba No Michi Clan
Fayin
Feral Cat

Post by Fayin »

The problem with new jobs is they have to be balanced vs. the other classes. SE has done an awesome job in doing that w/ the exisiting jobs. If you haven't played other MM class-based games just know that you're spoiled to have your first one mostly gimp free. Only unbalanced jobs I've heard of is THF pre-15 and RDM at the very high end.

Introducing new classes has always been a double edged sword in MM games. On one side, you get new jobs to try out and maybe one of them is just 'you'. On the other, they have to be balanced and useful at all level ranges vs. each other and all the other jobs in the game.

While I would love (and I mean love) to play a Blue Mage, I would not mind a long wait for the devs to make sure it's a finished, polished, useful, unbroken, ungimped job.
[b]-Fayin-[/b]
46WHM   43BLM   48THF   21WAR
59+1 Cooking   58+1 Woodworking   25 Fishing

[b]-Entourage-[/b]
Name                     Lv     GB   MHE Aketon  Warp
Fayinsjeunomule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinssandymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinswindymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinsbastymule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]

[size=75]"omg Ebay..."[/size]
Phelisia
Kitten

Post by Phelisia »

yeah, a blue mage or a time mage or someting would be nice to see, or some of the FFT jobs, and some more races would be nice (with an option to a new race _ONCE_ (not that i would, but i know a lot of people would like that)
Paws
Kitten

Post by Paws »

Well, there is another expansion on the way eventually.

And they already had to do everything you've said when they introduced the advanced jobs in the expansion. Yes, we were lucky enough to get the original and it packaged together, but they had to remember to integrate it when it came out in Japan.
If they've already done it once, I can't see why another time isn't possible.
-Paws =^^=
Ishe
Tomcat

Post by Ishe »

They can implement more jobs, sure, it just takes a lot of time and work. Think about it, you need to create entire sets of equipment for the new jobs, as well as modify existing equipment so the new jobs can wear it. Not only that, you have to develop job=specific quests (AF armor, etc.) and a set of abilities that are original yet (as previous posters pointed out) balanced with the rest of the game. I think Blue Mage would be a great addition because you would have to search the world for monsters with learnable attacks and magic. This would keep the game interesting from the low lvls on up. But, I suppose only time will tell...
Thief 60 / Ninja 71 / Warrior 35 / Summoner 20 / Whitemage 10 / Monk 6 / Ranger 4 / Blackmage 3
Alchemy: 51 ~ Boneworking: 48+1
:::
Rank 10
Paragon of Ninja Excellence.
Shekhina
Kitten

Post by Shekhina »

i'm sure Square Enix is going to have to bring in new jobs at some point down the line or a lot of people will just become bored or just quit playing the game. New jobs, new summons, new missions & quests. I would think they would think about adding all the jobs from FF5 & FF Tactics into the FF11 game world. Square already knows how to implement the jobs, so it shouldn't be that much harder to place it into an online world. Though, I think the only way they will be able to add another expansion will be to come out with the Japanese/American/European versions at the same time, since all of them should be up & running by then. (not sure when the European version is suppose to go up)
44th whm/11th smn/16th thf
I can raise now! *Purrrs*
I can summon Carbuncle! =^_^=
I can Teleport!