My Chocobo is Broken!!!!

A place to talk about... anything!
Baketsu
Feral Cat

My Chocobo is Broken!!!!

Post by Baketsu »

Ok, So I have had my Chocobo, let's call him "Chocy the Chocobo" for quite some time and he gets me around quite well, despite that one time he kicked me off in Khonschat, but i was riding him from Windurst... Anyways, the problem is with the casette deck that is installed in him. It plays the first song on the tape and then after I zone it goes dead and i have to listen to silence. When I get on him again the tape has somehow rewound and it plays the first song again and it diesn't even repeat the song, i love the song and would like it to repeat, but that button seems to be broken too. Why can't I get a chocobo with a working tape deck, or at least one with Sirius radio installed.... Please help me.....
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

Wait your choco tape deck is busted too?! I dont know how to use it.... I tried inserting the tape in the front, but it ate my tape. Then I tried inserting it in the rear, but the next thing I remember is waking in my Mog House the next day with alot of mysterious bruises. :? What can we do about this? :lol:
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

Huh?!
[color=indigo]New sig comin'. But in the meantime...[/color]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/baofowfwoosh.gif[/img]
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

Get a CD-player guys, or better yet: MP3-player! :rofl:
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

I borrowed a Taru's Chocobo, you know cause they like to pimp out thier chocobo's with neon lights and what not. Anyways, the Chocobo did have a CD player, but it only played track one and then froze up. Another annoying thing about borrowing a Taru choco is that their chocos are smaller and what with me being a tall elvaan my feet were dragging along the ground all the way from Windurst to Jeuno.
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

..I assume you do not have the tool that allows you to convert the ffxi music into mp3?
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Tivia wrote:..I assume you do not have the tool that allows you to convert the ffxi music into mp3?
I do have the tool

I am being funny
or trying
Waef
Tomcat

Post by Waef »

Trying :P

I hate it how it stops after you zone too. ><
PLD67, WAR66, NIN60
Genkai5 [O]
ZM14
PM8-1 (Yay sea! =D)
Currently leveling: Bard
Maisha
Kitten

chocobo

Post by Maisha »

I have a sirious radio on mine, so no problems to report about "lack of music". I suggest everyone gets one :thumb:
Paragon of Red Mage Excelence
Maisha

[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/maisha35/sig.jpg[/img]
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

My Chocobo song doesn't stop because I zone... it stops because it only goes through the song twice. I don't know if it is timed to fade out precisely at the end of the second time through or if it is dependant on the file playback length... so... it's possible that if you find the music file for the Chocobo riding music, you could copy the entire song, paste it at the end of the original which would double the size and (if the file properties determine Chocobo music playtime) would double the playtime of the music.

I've never tried messing with it because it doesn't really bother me that much. But, let us know what you find out. ;)
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Nobodyreal
Housecat

Post by Nobodyreal »

Well, whenever my chocobo breaks down I just sell it to KFC and get a new one.
[img]http://users.sisna.com/mschild/graphics/ffxisig.jpg[/img]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Sounds like you got a lemon. Did you purchase it frrrom here:

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=72

:oops:
Fayin
Feral Cat

Post by Fayin »

How do you mod the music files for FFXI? I'd love the change the chocobo music so that it fades out about 45 seconds before it bucks me so I can get to a safe spot.
[b]-Fayin-[/b]
46WHM   43BLM   48THF   21WAR
59+1 Cooking   58+1 Woodworking   25 Fishing

[b]-Entourage-[/b]
Name                     Lv     GB   MHE Aketon  Warp
Fayinsjeunomule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinssandymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinswindymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinsbastymule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]

[size=75]"omg Ebay..."[/size]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

My chocobo pwns.

Black Gloss feathers on silver base coat, blue tipped flames, 18 inch feet w/ black plating, CD/DVD changers 5 a piece, Ntrious tank, gauges, custom sadle, Spoiler, body kit, exhaust..... ya she's a beauty
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:My chocobo pwns.

Black Gloss feathers on silver base coat, blue tipped flames, 18 inch feet w/ black plating, CD/DVD changers 5 a piece, Ntrious tank, gauges, custom sadle, Spoiler, body kit, exhaust..... ya she's a beauty

did you say Exhaust? Ewwwww.. who wants a chocobo that farts alot...
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Nobodyreal
Housecat

Post by Nobodyreal »

Probably a chrome-plated exhaust. Poor choco.
[img]http://users.sisna.com/mschild/graphics/ffxisig.jpg[/img]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Purrrhaps a chrome plated, charcoal filtered exaust? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Janeth
Tomcat

Post by Janeth »

Unlike you, I have Complete and Total independence from chocobo tape decks, because... I can actually sing that song!! well, i guess not "sing" cuz it doesn't have words, just music, but whatever...

This is completely true, I have memorized the song, so has my brother, me and my bro always sing along with it when it plays, and when it stops playing, we just keep singing :P
Golddess
LVL (-1) Baka Neko

Post by Golddess »

It does too have words >.>;

Fi~nal Fan-ta-sy is an R-P-G~
The on-ly one that I need, it's the RPG for me~!

*cough*

But anyway.. there is no way to fix it to loop. It's set to end after about 7 minutes. I used some tool to put a different song in its place, much shorter, and it looped, quite a few times, but after 7 minutes it too faded. And I can't say I've ever heard it fade from zoning.
[color=blue][b]WHM-BRD75[/b][/color] | RDM62 | BLM38 | PLD30 | NIN25 | SMN22 | WAR20 | DRK18 | THF15 | SAM11 | DRG-RNG-COR10
Gold53.1+1 | Smith21.4 | Wood8.0 | Cook2.2 | Leather2.0
0/300 T.Whiteshell | 0/1400 Byne Bill | 0/6000 O.Bronzpiece | 0/10000 T.Whiteshell
Mithra have paws!
[img]http://www.mithrapride.org/boards/images/mithra_paws.jpg[/img]
Janeth
Tomcat

Post by Janeth »

Here is the whole song, for anyone who wants to know ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Final Fantasy is an RPG
The only one I need
It's the RPG for me
Final Fantasy is all that I play
All other games are lame
It puts them all to shame

I only play games that are popular
I only buy the games that magazines tell me to buy
That way I know i get good games for sure
I may have a shallow mind
But you can kiss my behind

Final Fantasy, it comsumes my life
And that is probably why
I'll never have a wife
Final Fantasy has awesome music
And that is probably why it
Always gets remixed

I always buy the soundtrack to each game
Oh it is the only thing that I will listen to
Oh sure one day it may drive me insane
You may think I'm a fool
Well, I'm here to say, "screw you"

Final Fantasy on PlayStation 2
With music by Nobuo
And graphics by Wong Chu
It is Final Fantasy number ten
Must save the world again
Right here from my own den

Hopefully I'll get through the game just fine
I don't know why I continue to play each game
They'll be making these till the end of time
Oh I guess that I will pay
For these new games till Doomsday
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In case you're wondering, the whole song can be found on newgrounds.com, and you can even print it out ^^
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

*drives up in her custom chocobo blasting Final Fantasy XI - Battle Theme #2* YO Yo YO mah mithran sistas~ Ka-Chan in da den~ Tell you what, we're gonna race outside of saruta to the palm tree in tahrongi, back around thru west saruta and back here at Port Windurst. 500 winner take all, oh and watch out for the tarutaru patrol.

:rofl: :lol:
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Well, I wish I coud join in this conversation but {um...} :| I'm not allowed to be within 30 feet of a chocobo and I am not allowed to sing either ... court order.
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

The Following is not an endorsment for Juiced or is endorsed by the creators of Juiced! Out Now For PS2 Xbox! Put It All On the Line!

I'm a Choco Racer! I put everything I had into my ride! People Wanted to run with me! People Said they had my back! Then I made this bet with some punk online racing for pennies! I made one stupid mistake! AND EVERYTHING I HAD.... GONE! Well Now I'm coming for your ride!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol:
Kuaru
Tomcat

Post by Kuaru »

ive had this vintage choco circa FF2 with an 8-track player installed in it for some time :3
but has this problem with bobbing its head way too fast or shaking its rear too fast when i ride around so it hasnt been too comfortable to get around :<
im thinking of upgrading to a FF8 model, so it can run to the beat of the music! :D
[color=red][b]Rank 9 Kitty of Sandy Oreo!! ^^[/b][/color] Weeee! >^.^<m

[b]PLD[/b]-64 [b]WAR[/b]-32
[b]WHM[/b]-43[b]BLM[/b]-21
[b]SAM[/b]-56 [b]WAR[/b]-28

~[i]Fishy Wishy kinda Squishy, Yummy Yummy in my Tummy[/i]~
Mmm... fishies! :D
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

cant beat the "Hot Cold" Chocobos
Golddess
LVL (-1) Baka Neko

Post by Golddess »

Dukuji wrote:Well, I wish I coud join in this conversation but {um...} :| I'm not allowed to be within 30 feet of a chocobo and I am not allowed to sing either ... court order.
So something like this happened to you?
[color=blue][b]WHM-BRD75[/b][/color] | RDM62 | BLM38 | PLD30 | NIN25 | SMN22 | WAR20 | DRK18 | THF15 | SAM11 | DRG-RNG-COR10
Gold53.1+1 | Smith21.4 | Wood8.0 | Cook2.2 | Leather2.0
0/300 T.Whiteshell | 0/1400 Byne Bill | 0/6000 O.Bronzpiece | 0/10000 T.Whiteshell
Mithra have paws!
[img]http://www.mithrapride.org/boards/images/mithra_paws.jpg[/img]
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

VGcats need to do more FF XI comix!!!
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Baketsu wrote:VGcats need to do more FF XI comix!!!
Indeed.
Tailfeather
Housecat

Post by Tailfeather »

um last time i used a chocobo i ended up at the policestation in windy :oops:
i dont think the taruwarus liked me going that fast, somehow i missed the turn right sign and crashed through the police house..

... and dont drink and drive a chocobo, i can tell you that my chocobo were drunk under this accident :? uuh maybe i should have said, dont drive a drunken chocobo w~ :roll: