Mitrha Pride Convention! The Kitties Converge^^

A place to talk about... anything!

Are you intrested in attending, if so WHERE is the best for you to travel?

--Sacramento CA--
29%
--Atlanta GA--
29%
--Buffalo NY--
43%

Total votes: 14

Mut
Kitten

Mitrha Pride Convention! The Kitties Converge^^

Post by Mut »

:) Dear Feline manthras and mithras,:)

It is time that we organize a good ol' get togeather for the members of Mithra Pride. We will rent conference rooms in a few hotels in choice states to make it a possible and enjoyable trip for all. Hopefully it can be aranged to meet on the same day all over the country so we can hook up enough web cams and links to contact the others of Mithra pride across the country while conventions are running simultaneously. Of course the rooms will have internet acess so we can play!
The following arangements are being looked into:

*Possibly July 27-29, keep in mind it will happen on only 2 of these days.
*3 conventions are going to be held(three hotels so far)
-Western Seaboard, Sacramento CA
Amerisuites Rancho Cordova
Old Town Sacramento 14 Miles / Rancho Cordova

-Eastern Seaboard, Atlanta GA
Sheraton Midtown Atlanta
Midtown / Atlanta

-Eastern Seaboard, Buffalo NY
Marriott Buffalo Niagara
Near State Univ Of New York / Amherst

It's suggested that you take and stay with your freinds while at a hotel, while the rooms are about 100 a night, so there not too pricey.

By answer the poll well know if we should change locations or which location is set.

Keep in mind this is all in the works, it's up to the mebers of mithra pride to respond to this message so we can make the proper preperations, and find out if enough of you Mithra out there are intrested in countinuing with this! Hope to see you all in the future! Pm me with any questions.
Mut
Last edited by Mut on Wed May 11, 2005 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

im out, can't affoard air fare and the like.... i still need to work /sigh
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Golddess
LVL (-1) Baka Neko

Post by Golddess »

I was under the impression that you had left FFXI long ago.
[color=blue][b]WHM-BRD75[/b][/color] | RDM62 | BLM38 | PLD30 | NIN25 | SMN22 | WAR20 | DRK18 | THF15 | SAM11 | DRG-RNG-COR10
Gold53.1+1 | Smith21.4 | Wood8.0 | Cook2.2 | Leather2.0
0/300 T.Whiteshell | 0/1400 Byne Bill | 0/6000 O.Bronzpiece | 0/10000 T.Whiteshell
Mithra have paws!
[img]http://www.mithrapride.org/boards/images/mithra_paws.jpg[/img]
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Dear Feline fellows and females
I really hope you aren't assuming everyones a female. . . :o >.>;
[Active]
Chi - Level 60 Undead Rogue - Member of Unison - [Rank 9] Centurion ~ 12,695 Honorable Kills - 3 Dishonorable Kills

[Retired]
Batsu - Level 60 Elvaan Paladin - Level 56 Samurai
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

I'd be happy to if I would be in USA at the moment. :rofl:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

No thanks

1, Distance.

2, I am one of those who insists on anononimity.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Mut
Kitten

I'm still in there!

Post by Mut »

I have been pursing other games at the moment, Wow, and guild wars. This just means i can't spend as much time on it. Were trying to see how well this will go, and if enough people are for it, well, we'll get a chance to meet! Keep the posts coming so we know who's intrested :)
Mut
sakono
Housecat

Post by sakono »

i could do cali if i could afford it and could get the time off.
both of which i can not
Mut
Kitten

Post by Mut »

Batsu wrote:
Dear Feline fellows and females
I really hope you aren't assuming everyones a female. . . :o >.>;
WELL... No, this is why i chose my words carefully, feline fellows (i usually call guys fellows..... ... .. .) and females. Feline is not feminine if that's what your gettin' at.
Does my picture look like a women?... well yes it kinda does, but it's supposta clearly be Manthra, enjoying a jolly right afternoon with a nice rolled cigar peering through my monicle of maturity, ahh yes.
Tally ho!
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Meow~

Buffalo, NY. is actually very near where I live...

I'm not sure if the time would be suitable but the location is. :)
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Well actually I didn't think fellows reffered to guys. I thought you were just addressing Mithra's and women. . . =P
[Active]
Chi - Level 60 Undead Rogue - Member of Unison - [Rank 9] Centurion ~ 12,695 Honorable Kills - 3 Dishonorable Kills

[Retired]
Batsu - Level 60 Elvaan Paladin - Level 56 Samurai
Rekahkun
Big Cat

Post by Rekahkun »

Batsu wrote:Well actually I didn't think fellows reffered to guys. I thought you were just addressing Mithra's and women. . . =P
as far as i know, fellows always means guys... dictionary.com says fellow is usually a person of equal rank (ie: business partner) or a man or boy. no female connotation at all. so, {Um...} {Huh?!} :?:

on a side note, dictionary.com rules. really, if you are ever unsure of a words meaning, it's always nice to have instant enlightenment. :D
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Rekahkun wrote:
Batsu wrote:Well actually I didn't think fellows reffered to guys. I thought you were just addressing Mithra's and women. . . =P
as far as i know, fellows always means guys... dictionary.com says fellow is usually a person of equal rank (ie: business partner) or a man or boy. no female connotation at all. so, {Um...} {Huh?!} :?:

on a side note, dictionary.com rules. really, if you are ever unsure of a words meaning, it's always nice to have instant enlightenment. :D
Already in my favorites :D
Mut
Kitten

tech·ni·cal·i·ties tech·ni·cal·i·ties

Post by Mut »

Well acutally, i did a little research of my own, and as it turns out according to Webster which i consider the 10 commandments of dictionaries, one meaning is

4. a obsolete : a person of one of the lower social classes b : a worthless man or boy c : MAN, BOY d : BOYFRIEND, BEAU

I stand corrected, for the sake of english and the Webster family's honor i shall change my above post. This term is obsolete, and the other terms apply, as such making it apperent to someone more well read then myself that fellows does actually technically in fact mean other mithras.

This term is now offically a colloquialism. HAHA!
Aesha Clan-Clan
Big Cat

Post by Aesha Clan-Clan »

i would LOVE to go to this, if it were in NY, i could drive there seeing that i live in CT, i could almost definately get time off from work, the only problem would be money, if its in NY, ill see what i can do about getting myself there :D
A catgirl is a woman or girl with cat ears and a cat tail, but an otherwise human body; they are found semi-commonly in anime and manga either as a form of cosplay or actual body parts, as well as in a few videogames. Catgirls wishing to look especially cute will wear over-sized mittens and shoes that look like paws. Fans unfamilar with the Japanese obsession with kawaii sometimes point out catgirls act more like kittens than grown cats, who can be aloof and surly.
Ephi
Housecat

Post by Ephi »

all those places are too far for me... then again i also like anonymity... i play the game as if i'm nvr gonna meet that person IRL
I like jellyfish
Gimme a jellyfish
mmmm mercury :P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/Ephisig2.png[/img]
<(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>
KIRBY DANCE!!!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Re: tech·ni·cal·i·ties tech·ni·cal·i·ties

Mut wrote:4. a obsolete : a person of one of the lower social classes b : a worthless man or boy c : MAN, BOY d : BOYFRIEND, BEAU

I stand corrected, for the sake of english and the Webster family's honor i shall change my above post. This term is obsolete, and the other terms apply, as such making it apperent to someone more well read then myself that fellows does actually technically in fact mean other mithras.

This term is now offically a colloquialism. HAHA!
You are misreading it Mut, the obsolete usage is the a : lower social order one. the b, c, & d are still in use. Could have fooled me, I have never seen the b in use outside of Victorian era literature.

Besides, there is a certian ring to the word that goes well with your top hat. (Also mostly obsolete.)
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Mut
Kitten

Hear, hear!

Post by Mut »

Hear, hear!
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

Buffalo would be a good locale for me though I am not 100% sure that I would go..... :?
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Chatulio
Kitten

Post by Chatulio »

Actually....my dad's side of the family lives in NY so maybe if I can get them to go there for my birthday but I doubt it. Wherever the most people will be is where i want to go. :D
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/unifiedchaos][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/unifiedchaos.png[/img][/url]

[b]Unifiedchaos:[/b] Male Elvaan | Rank: 4 Bastoken
29rdm / 11drg / 11war / 6nin / 5drk / 4mnk

[b]Cattibrie:[/b] Mithra | Rank: 2 Windurstrian
19thf / 14mnk / 7war

[b]Regis:[/b] Male Tarutaru | Rank: 1 Windurstrian
13whm / 3blm

[b]Kattibrie:[/b] Mithra | Rank: 1 Windurstrian
7war
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Atlanta = where I live..so yea I could definitally attend.

However I would be required to being a guest with me..she would positively insist...Though I somehow doubt many would object to a taru... :roll:
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

tivia i didnt know you lived in atlanta, which part?
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Just north of it actually,

Gwinnett/Hall county line just off I-85

I get that lovely commute each day of 85 south in the morning..and 85 north in the afternoon..which I will be taking my daily participation in shortly..yay :(

Of course on the brightside..at least I do not live on 400, that road sounds like a nightmare compared to mine.
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

holy crap, you live right next to me >.>;

i live just off spegetti junction, (I-85/I-285), and my dad has a house up at lake lanier off of exit 16 on I-985 >.>
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Ah nice,

Yea I am heavily debating moving down into that area. Mostly because I work off Jimmy Carter, and right now its a long ass commute for me. Only problem I am encountering is most apartment's in that area are not find of large animals. I unfortunatlly have a very big dog although she is an extremely good housedog..I swear she is neater then my cats. Unfortunatly most places down there have just a blanket policy, I can't blame them honestly most people havent the faintest concept of how to train a dog right, or they simply dont care.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Tivia wrote:Ah nice,

... Only problem I am encountering is most apartment's in that area are not find of large animals. I unfortunatlly have a very big dog ... most places down there have just a blanket policy, I can't blame them honestly most people havent the faintest concept of how to train a dog right, or they simply dont care.
That's odd, In my experience, the smaller the dog, the less likley it is to be trained at all. People don't seem to take the toy breeds seriously as dogs, so they often wind up as the real horror storys.

In my travels, I have occasionly run into a motel with a no dogs under 30 lbs rule. No problem, my dog is 80 lbs.

Then again, in the south you have more dogs who are hunting animals, but not pets, as well as the bubbas who WANT a mean dog.

Good luck in your hunt. Try talking to the local rescue scocieties, the local AKC members, anyone who's social life revolves around dogs. Some dog owners are landlords and there is where you can find a few of them.

Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Oh I do not disagree a bit. Toy animal's for the most part are the most irritating things on earth. Yet for some strange reason down here, everyone has this thing..No large animals.. :x
Aesha Clan-Clan
Big Cat

Post by Aesha Clan-Clan »

i cant stand toy dogs, give me a German Shepard, a Husky, Lab, or Retriever anyday.
A catgirl is a woman or girl with cat ears and a cat tail, but an otherwise human body; they are found semi-commonly in anime and manga either as a form of cosplay or actual body parts, as well as in a few videogames. Catgirls wishing to look especially cute will wear over-sized mittens and shoes that look like paws. Fans unfamilar with the Japanese obsession with kawaii sometimes point out catgirls act more like kittens than grown cats, who can be aloof and surly.
Mut
Kitten

toydogs

Post by Mut »

i can't stand toy dogs either, but i can make them sit! AHAHAHAH counted!

"I am your Hebrew Hammer"
-Moses
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

I can't stand dogs! :P Give me a cat anyday. Although I'm <sniff> allergic to them...hmmm...that would ruin my date with a Mithra too unless I remember to take my medication. :D
Last edited by Yukira on Mon May 16, 2005 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.