A show of support for a dying mithra

A place to talk about... anything!
Crispleaf
Housecat

A show of support for a dying mithra

Post by Crispleaf »

The real life person who plays a character named Mimiru on Alexander has recently been in a horrible car accident. She broke several bones, but she's otherwise all right.

However, while at the hospital, the doctors discovered that she's dying from a brain tumor and it's unknown what her current chances of survival are. It may be terminal.

I know this is a heavy subject in an otherwise light-hearted forum, but I'm hoping, if you can find it in your heart, to offer Mimiru a word of encouragement from the MithraPride community on this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=1661

She's had a lot of heartache in her life recently, and she needs all the friendship she can get.
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Well, it kind of seems like she might be lying too. I don't really know the person so that I'm very uncertain about that. Its just the fact that she came here and posted it on a forum. . . and the fact that it occured after her incident with "Icey".

However situations like this are no joking matter and I cannot even begin to express how deeply sorry I feel for this person.
[Active]
Chi - Level 60 Undead Rogue - Member of Unison - [Rank 9] Centurion ~ 12,695 Honorable Kills - 3 Dishonorable Kills

[Retired]
Batsu - Level 60 Elvaan Paladin - Level 56 Samurai
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

I understand your suspicion.

But wouldn't we feel much worse if she really died and we said nothing when we had the chance because we didn't believe her?

Whether she's just hurting over Icey, or she could pass away, she still needs support either way.
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

post removed, im sorry for this problem, but im also preparing to leave.
Last edited by Karou Ariyen on Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Rueka
Tomcat

Post by Rueka »

Easy Karou. I'm not so sure this is the thread to start in on the Elvaan ^^;;
52 THF | 26 NIN | 42 DRG | 19 WAR | 28 WHM | 13 BLM | 15 BST | 12 SMN | 12 BRD | 19 RDM

52 THF/26 NIN:
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?25302

42 DRG/21 WAR:
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?70360
Wyvern- Qiqiru
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

Rueka wrote:Easy Karou. I'm not so sure this is the thread to start in on the Elvaan ^^;;
On the contrary, when isn't there a thread to start in on the Elvaan.

Back on topic though. I can definately agree with Crisp in saying: '"I'm sorry can't really speak for much."' and in this situation, I find myself at a lack for words.

And just outta curiosity, any info on the type of brain tumour she's got going there?
[color=indigo]New sig comin'. But in the meantime...[/color]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/baofowfwoosh.gif[/img]
Chatulio
Kitten

Post by Chatulio »

Yes, Karou you know I don't like batsu either but PLEASE think about what this thread is aimed at. And batsu I don't want to get into it on this thread but you desperately need to work on your behaviour on this forum, IMMEDIATELY. :x :evil: :x

I extend my deepest sympathies to Mimiru and am praying for the return of her health.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/unifiedchaos][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/unifiedchaos.png[/img][/url]

[b]Unifiedchaos:[/b] Male Elvaan | Rank: 4 Bastoken
29rdm / 11drg / 11war / 6nin / 5drk / 4mnk

[b]Cattibrie:[/b] Mithra | Rank: 2 Windurstrian
19thf / 14mnk / 7war

[b]Regis:[/b] Male Tarutaru | Rank: 1 Windurstrian
13whm / 3blm

[b]Kattibrie:[/b] Mithra | Rank: 1 Windurstrian
7war
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Alright. . . what the hell did I say wrong? You people are fucking morons I swear.

Also, what kind of person comes and posts on an internet forum to complete strangers about how they got into a car accident, have all these broken bones and a brain tumor? Really, no really think about it for a couple of minutes. There is a good reason to have my doubts and if you haven't noticed I did say I was sorry and that it’s not a joking matter. Maybe your dyslexic so I'll retype the message backwards so you can read it and will stop bitching at me.
.nosrep siht rof leef I yrros ylpeed woh sserpxe ot nigeb neve tonnac I dna rettam gnikoj on era siht ekil snoitautis revewoH
You people are fucking morons I swear.
This applies only to the self centered, narrow minded, assclowns who love to get fresh with me.
[Active]
Chi - Level 60 Undead Rogue - Member of Unison - [Rank 9] Centurion ~ 12,695 Honorable Kills - 3 Dishonorable Kills

[Retired]
Pyrexia
Tomcat

Post by Pyrexia »

Umm... many people I've met in MithraPride, I feel they are friends. And I would like them to know if something was going to happen to me so they could have me in their hearts, you know.

Maybe the bond we kitties form is stronger than what you silly elvaans can comprehend. I understand your suspiscion, but we all can learn a little something from Thumper's mom here, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." Seriously, the world would a much nicer place.
[img]http://filebox.vt.edu/users/cdove/beachsig.jpg[/img]

Pyrexia : Mithran Fishercat : Federation of Windurst : Midgardsormr and Hades
---
BLM 75 : RNG 73 : SMN 53 : WHM 40 : NIN 37 : RDM 37 : WAR 37 : THF 18 : MNK 10 : DRG 8 : BRD 8 : SAM 6
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Batsu!
I've been very friendly and quiet until now,
but now I'm angry!

ever since you came onto this board all you did was make useless posts and flame people under the name of humor.

Seriously I have never seen anyone in years of forum experience that hang out on boards as long as you did.
On my boards you would've been permed a long time ago!
I have asked you sooner to tone down on your behaviour, just as others did.
But you don't seem to learn how to act normally, do you?

If you like to flame, go to a board where they apreciate this childish behaviour, but leave us alone.
You scare people away, you bring down the good mood of people here on the boards.
This board was a fun place until you came!

This is how I classify your kind

On topic,

Mimiru,

I have no words to console you in the situation where you are now.
All I can do is wish you the best and pray that they will be able to make you better.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

Really Batsu...

Conversation is good as long as it stays as a conversation but your 'I'm right, and everyone who does not agree with me can go to hell' -attitude is getting on peoples nerves.

Concerning this thread, i don't believe anything like that outright either because this *is* internet and you can write anything you want here anonymously, but there's always a chance that she really is telling the truth. In which case I think it would be more appropriate to think of it as true than dismiss it outright and really make her feel bad. Whether what she told us is true or not, you might never know it. But you don't lose anything by being compassionate, don't you think?

Anyway...I haven't said anything to comfort her. I tried to think of something but words really seem so inadequate in situations like this.
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

Batsu,

我希望你慢慢死,但快点下地狱。

kthxbye

wow... I actually said kthxbye.... I feel so... dirty....
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Shirai wrote:Batsu!
I've been very friendly and quiet until now,
but now I'm angry!

ever since you came onto this board all you did was make useless posts and flame people under the name of humor.

Seriously I have never seen anyone in years of forum experience that hang out on boards as long as you did.
On my boards you would've been permed a long time ago!
I have asked you sooner to tone down on your behaviour, just as others did.
But you don't seem to learn how to act normally, do you?

If you like to flame, go to a board where they apreciate this childish behaviour, but leave us alone.
You scare people away, you bring down the good mood of people here on the boards.
This board was a fun place until you came!

This is how I classify your kind

On topic,

Mimiru,

I have no words to console you in the situation where you are now.
All I can do is wish you the best and pray that they will be able to make you better.
Nah, Batsu = http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warr ... lclown.htm

Or better yet = http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/ego.htm
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

FlameWarriors Description wrote: Evil Clown will attempt to avoid defeat by accusing his attacker of having no sense of humor.
The Accurately Described Batsu wrote:Its a joke. . . you have absolutely no sense of humor. . . The whole idea is that its making fun of how ignorant players get about Gods and HNMs. Obviously you can't "steal" a claim.
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Lihera wrote:Batsu,

我希望你慢慢死,但快点下地狱。

kthxbye

A slow and painful death? :o :shock:
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

When a friend befalls something like this, whether you know them or not, it hits hard fast, Ive been in tears for the past serveral hours, And im really sad over this and to be honest just as scared as all of us are, We are afraid of losing a friend, but in that position, we will rally around her, til there is no longer a time to, We will stand by her side, be her cusion if she falls, and be there to pull her up the next ledge of this mountain. Sisters and Brothers, listen well, This is a time we all will be here, to show a sister, who not only has begun to fall, taht we will never abandon her, in a time this serious.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Triple3Threat
Kitten

Post by Triple3Threat »

u have mission impossible mithra pictures?... and cat smiley icons!? woahhh, i think its time to pick up a hobby?

I as well dont understand why someone in that condition would tell random people on a video game of it.. they must not have lots of real friends, so i give her my utmost sympathy and hope she pulls thru and doesnt end up like steven hawking
sakono
Housecat

Post by sakono »

umm not knowing how she was able to post when she would be in the hosbitle recovering. if it is real i give you my best. if its all fake to get sympothy then... may this cruel joke come back 1,000fold on you.

but i would post is somthing bad happened to me on here because i have freinds in game or not there friends and when somthing bad happens you tell your friends, cause they'er there to help you.
Aesha Clan-Clan
Big Cat

Post by Aesha Clan-Clan »

well, at the hostpital by me (i volunteered there for a while - 150hrs), they have laptops with wireless interenet for the patients who are well enough to use them and who are bored/need contact with friends and relatives outside.

i know that if i were in such a situation, id probably post here as well, i have made alot of close friends while playing FF, almost all of which are withing MP.

And even though i dont know her, i hope she pulls through.
A catgirl is a woman or girl with cat ears and a cat tail, but an otherwise human body; they are found semi-commonly in anime and manga either as a form of cosplay or actual body parts, as well as in a few videogames. Catgirls wishing to look especially cute will wear over-sized mittens and shoes that look like paws. Fans unfamilar with the Japanese obsession with kawaii sometimes point out catgirls act more like kittens than grown cats, who can be aloof and surly.
Fayin
Feral Cat

Post by Fayin »

Woah woah woah... Everyone calm down a bit. Just because it's a post by Batsu, don't assume it's an attack or insult or w/e. Although most of his posts are childish babble, I read them before comming to that conclusion rather than assuming so simply because it's Batsu. If you want to attack an asshole, go after someone who is truely being one. Like Triple3Threat.

As odd as it is, I agree with Batsu in this case. This could be total BS. After the Subaru incident, I'm wary of situations like this. The anonymity of the internet is a double edged sword so I take everything I read on it with a grain of salt. In the event that this is in fact, true, then I wish all the best for her. Car accident + brain tumor = suck^4. :(
[b]-Fayin-[/b]
46WHM   43BLM   48THF   21WAR
59+1 Cooking   58+1 Woodworking   25 Fishing

[b]-Entourage-[/b]
Name                     Lv     GB   MHE Aketon  Warp
Fayinsjeunomule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinssandymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinswindymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinsbastymule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]

[size=75]"omg Ebay..."[/size]
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

Neoshinobi wrote:
Lihera wrote:Batsu,

我希望你慢慢死,但快点下地狱。

kthxbye

A slow and painful death? :o :shock:
Not quite, but now that you think of it :twisted:
我希望你慢慢和痛苦的死,但快點下地獄。
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

Not quite, but now that you think of it
我希望你太慢慢和痛苦的死,但快點下地獄。
Why don't you stop being such a wuss and say it to my face?
[Active]

[Retired]
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

babelfish is your friend, 'cause we aren't
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Lihera wrote:babelfish is your friend, 'cause we aren't
:rofl:
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

I didn't come here lookin for friends like you did.
[Active]

[Retired]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Batsu wrote:I didn't come here lookin for friends like you did.
Then what werrre you looking for? Hmmm?
Rekahkun
Big Cat

Post by Rekahkun »

Prrsha wrote:
Batsu wrote:I didn't come here lookin for friends like you did.
Then what werrre you looking for? Hmmm?
a response. and you are all obliging him. {Congratulations!} :roll:
Batsu
Feral Cat

Post by Batsu »

My mouse died while posting that so I had to reboot my PC, I'll post what all I said in a few moments.

Okay as I was saying. . .

I didn't come here looking for friends, because unlike most of you, my real life social life isn't lacking.
real life
Whoa!! Vocab word!

re·al1 (rl, rl) adj.

http://dictionary.reference.com/help/ahd4/pronkey.html - Here’s a link to a Pronunciation Key because I'm sure this is like a foreign language to you.

A. Being or occurring in fact or actuality; having verifiable existence: real objects; a real illness.
B. True and actual; not imaginary, alleged, or ideal: real people, not ghosts; a film based on real life.
C. Of or founded on practical matters and concerns: a recent graduate experiencing the real world for the first time.

2. Genuine and authentic; not artificial or spurious: real mink; real humility.
3. Being no less than what is stated; worthy of the name: a real friend.
4. Free of pretense, falsehood, or affectation: tourists hoping for a real experience on the guided tour.
5. Not to be taken lightly; serious: in real trouble.
6. Philosophy. Existing objectively in the world regardless of subjectivity or conventions of thought or language.
7. Relating to, being, or having value reckoned by actual purchasing power: real income; real growth.
8. Physics. Of, relating to, or being an image formed by light rays that converge in space.
9. Mathematics. Of, relating to, or being a real number.
10. Law. Of or relating to stationary or fixed property, such as buildings or land.

Hmmm. . . unfortunately for you, I don't have enough time to sit here and explain real life to you. So, you must write a three thousand word essay on the meaning and origin of real life before you respond.

I've also taken the liberty and arranged a cabin for all of you so that you can mate and create offspring of such incredibly suckiness that God himself will vomit in rage.

Thank you, thank you.
Last edited by Batsu on Tue May 03, 2005 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Active]

[Retired]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Batsu wrote:My mouse died while posting that so I had to reboot my PC, I'll post what all I said in a few moments.
Your mouse quite intelligent. That's or its a sign from god.
Triple3Threat
Kitten

Post by Triple3Threat »

chuuuuurch