Equip help for THF

Sickazz
Kitten

Equip help for THF

Post by Sickazz »

Well, im only level 28, but was planning on future equips. Now the one thing i was really curious about was ring equips. I'm not sure if i need them but are 2x sniper's really necessary? Or can i get away with 1 sniper and 1 +dex ring, or a venerer ring and a sniper? I still dont have my leaping boots or emp pin, which ill go camping for soon enough. But as for buying equips, the ring slot are really concerning me as i dont really have a steady flow of cash at the moment. Thank you =)
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Suggestion for parties: Whatever adds the most DEX or AGI or ACC, in that order.

As for soloing your going to wan't ACC and ATK more than DEX or AGI.

I say the ACC as last as I've never had a problem with my SATA or WS's missing...ever.

For rings I say Deft +1 (thats +3 dex there...hold you until about 54 precisely....Plus the 4 defense from them both...Not to mention +4 dex rings are really going to cost an arm & a leg...literally...), as for earrings stick with the +2 AGI rings, I don't recall there being anything that gives more AGI with just one earring. The Merc. Cpt's. Belt is your best friend too until 50/52...A +1 Wolf mantle is also the best until something like Jaegar or better comes along (around the late 40s).

As for armor and legging its really up to you...Just keep my first suggestion in mind. :wink:
Darkmattre
Big Cat

Post by Darkmattre »

You won't need to worry about accuracy until later, say mid50s or so. Even then, a life belt and sushi is enough for most mithra(as our accuracy is higher than other races)
Get Drone earrings. They'll pretty much be the last pair of earrings you buy.

I used to have the wolf mantle+1, but the Nomad's mantle is better. Costs more, but adds to your AGI. and the +evasion is nice for when you're farming/soloing.

As for rings, yeah, the +1s are nice, but are terribly expensive. Don't be ashamed to go for the normal ones. Which I believe you'll soon be looking at Amethyst at lvl36. Or you could buy a pair of Balance rings and enjoy the same +2dex right now, and use them until you either..buy deft rings, or reach lvl56 and get Fluorite rings. My recommendation would be to buy a pair of Balance rings if you can, as they will last for quite some time. ;)

If you really are considering snipers rings, you'll need to be aware of equipment swap macros. right now, since I use life belt for meleeing, here is what my sata macro looks like.

/equip Waist "Royal Knight's belt +1"
/ja "Trick Attack" <me>
/wait 2
/ja "Sneak Attack" <me>
/wait 2
/ws "Dancing Edge" <t>

and after the skillchain, I hit my melee equip macro, which puts the life belt, among other things, back in. You can change up to 6 slots in a single macro. Like my melee equip macro, for now, looks like this.

/equip Body "Black Cotehardie"
/equip Ring1 "Fluorite Ring"
/equip Ring2 "Fluorite Ring"
/equip Ear1 "Drone earring"
/equip Ear2 "Drone earring"
/equip Waist "Life belt"

So if you got sniper's rings, I would macro those in for meleeing, then macro in balance rings when you're getting ready for the skillchain.

As for other equipment. If you can't afford Leaping/Winged boots, get Noct Gaiters +1. They will last you until you get AF boots.
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/Darkmattre/deadlybackwhite-1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.darknessfalls.net/upload/upload_files/tiele.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/Darkmattre/ninex.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/Darkmattre/whmex.jpg[/img]
http://hosted.filefront.com/Darkmattre
Sickazz
Kitten

Post by Sickazz »

Awesome info you 2, thank you very much. I have the Balance rings right now, and i probably wont upgrade til the level 50 rings, since by then ill probably have more gil to spend around. As for snipers, ill take your advice and wait til at least 50, since my acc should be good enough with life belt + sushi. Ill pick up the drones as soon as i get to the level where i can equip them.
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/SickazzSpanky/sickbanner.gif[/img]
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?61922
Mexel
Kitten

Post by Mexel »

Wow equipment for THF. Up until 60 anything that boosts DEX and AGI. What ever you can afford to get or spend time camping is well worth it.

After 60 the things to get are ACC equipment. Life belt, battle gloves (I had these from level 15 to 70)Scorp Harness and or Snippers. I got a scorp so I did not get snips. At 70 Optical hat, War boots and gloves are good to have. The best advice is to get equipment whenever you can. I spent alot of time after 45 farming gill to get gear to last untill 60. Then did the same thing at 60 to last till 75. Try to find the gear for your level with the best bonus that you can afford. I used merc headgear till 50 and finally got my emp pin. Just remember DEX and AGI till 60 then ACC gear. Then have a macro set for ACC and one for DEX/AGI gear. Use the ACC for tp building and then DEX/AGI for SATA or TA weaponskill.
[img]http://www.lpssonline.com/cc/workbook/pics/SIG.jpg[/img]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Darkmattre wrote:You won't need to worry about accuracy until later, say mid50s or so. Even then, a life belt and sushi is enough for most mithra(as our accuracy is higher than other races)
Get Drone earrings. They'll pretty much be the last pair of earrings you buy.
llucky you, >.> war/nin makes me stack ACC, lol thfs are lucky tho, they got a good set of ACC stacking from Job/Race hehe wellm ithra obviously
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Waef
Tomcat

Post by Waef »

<3 pld. You need almost no accuracy. Just a life belt. :)
PLD67, WAR66, NIN60
Genkai5 [O]
ZM14
PM8-1 (Yay sea! =D)
Currently leveling: Bard
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Equip help for THF

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting