A place to talk about... anything!
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Upcoming Version Update April 2005

Post by Dukuji »

Apr. 21, 2005 (JST*) Version Update
*Japan Standard Time

[Event-Related]

The following two areas are now open for exploration:The Grand Palace of Hu’Xzoi The Garden of Ru’Hmet

Several new Chains of Promathia area quests have been added.

A special new Ballista area has been added.
Click <<here>> for further details.

New sets of low-level equipment have been added to the list of armor that can be stored by certain NPCs located around Vana’diel. After trading a full set (4-5 pieces) of armor, a player will receive a “claim slip.” This claim slip and a small fee are required when having a set of armor returned.
Please note:
1. Signatures on checked armor will be lost.
2. High-quality and refurbished armor cannot be stored.

The clamming mini-game on Purgonorgo Isle has been expanded. The new features include:
1. A larger bucket offered to those who can fill the original bucket to the brim without going over its weight limit.
2. A larger variety of items that can be dug from the sand.
3. Less waiting time required to re-clam the same points.

New items are available for harvesting/mining in the following areas:
1. West Sarutabaruta
2. Newton Movalpolos
3. Giddeus

A new key item that will automatically inform players whether they have access to the Marble Bridge Tavern is now available (a message will appear upon entry into Upper Jeuno).

A new key item that will automatically inform players if a volunteer is needed for the “Community Service” quest is now available.

Under certain conditions, Tarnotik (located in Oldton Movalpolos) will now accept snow lilies as payment for teleportation to Mine Shaft #2716.

The number of items accepted by Yurim in the Tavnazian quest "In the Name of Science," as well as the types of rewards granted in exchange, have been increased.

Several new varieties of fish are now being accepted by Zaldon in the “Inside the Belly” quest.

[Battle-Related]

The amount of EXP required for leveling up after lv.51, and the amount of EXP lost when KO’d after level 25, has been greatly reduced.

Please note that at the time of the version update, if your character has more EXP than the new amount required, your EXP total will be adjusted to 1 point less than the amount needed for level up.

Example:
Player status before the version update -> Level=51 EXP=8100
Amount needed for level up (before update) = 10000
Amount needed for level up (after adjustment) = 8000
Player status after the version update -> Level=51 EXP=7999

Please visit http://www.playonline.com/ff11/index.sh ... %20further details on changes to the EXP system.

Several new types of ENM quests have been added. In addition, many of the existing quests have also been adjusted. Some of these adjustments include allowing larger parties and/or alliances to enter the battlefields (however, depending on the size of the parties, there may be a cut in the amount of EXP received when completing the quest).

Area
Battle Name
Restrictions

Boneyard Gully
Like the Wind
15 minutes/Lv.75/3 members recommended

Shell We Dance?
30 minutes/Lv.75/12 members recommended

Totentanz
30 minutes/Lv.75/18 members recommended

Mine Shaft #2716
Pulling the Strings
15 minutes/Lv.60/Solo battle

Automaton Assault
15 minutes/Lv.60/3 members recommended/
All members must be of same race

Monarch Linn
Fire in the Sky
15 minutes/Lv.40/3 members recommended

Bugard in the Clouds
15 minutes/Lv.50/3 members recommended

Beloved of the Atlantes
30 minutes/Lv.50/6 members recommended

The recommended number of party members for all existing ENM battles has been set at 6, with the maximum alliance size being 18.

New notorious monsters have been added to the Chains of Promathia areas.

The bard song Army's Paeon V (Lv. 65) has been added.

[Item-Related]

New mannequin poses have been introduced. After obtaining a mannequin and a certain key item, Mhauran goldsmith Fyi Chalmwoh will change the pose of your simulacrum upon request. Available poses are as follows:
1. /sit
2. /salute (Windurst/San d’Oria/Bastok)
3. /hurray
4. Special race-specific poses

Select guilds are now offering new key items available for purchase with guild points.

Adjustments and additions have been made to the types of items requested in exchange for guild points.

The Alchemists’ Guild will now accept poison baghnakhs +1 in exchange for guild points.

Several new fishing rods have been introduced.

New relic-type equipment has been added.

Numerous other types of items are also now available.

New synthesis and desynthesis recipes have been added.

The graphics displayed when a Galka equips the following shields have been changed:

Marine Shield
Shell Shield
Turtle Shield
Turtle Shield +1
Genbu's Shield

A new synthesis recipe for black ink has been introduced. In conjunction with this addition, the item's buying price has also been adjusted.

The following item names have been changed:
Ashigaru Gorget -> Agile Gorget
Mana Ring -> Mystical Ring
Mana Ring +1 -> Mystical Ring +1

[System-Related]

The Handle Name screen that would appear during login has been removed. In its place, a simple confirmation message has been introduced.

Group Messages can now be viewed while logged in to FINAL FANTASY XI. However, players must return to PlayOnline to respond to them.

Several unused buttons within the Friend List menu, as well as the "Busy" and “Away Mess.” options under Online Status, have been removed.
In conjunction with the removal of the corresponding button, a player’s “Privacy Level” will now automatically be set to level 2 (all players on your Friend List).

The "Accept" button originally used during Friend List registration has been removed. The current options are "Accept & Add" and "Decline."
Also, when "Accept & Add" is selected by the invitee, both players will be automatically registered on each other's Friend List.

"/busy" has been removed from the Auto-Translate feature.

A confirmation message will now appear when purchasing goods from another player’s bazaar.
Example: Purchase 3 sleepshrooms for 570 gil?

[The following adjustments have been made to the fishing system:]

Fishing locations in the following areas have been adjusted:
1. Beaucedine Glacier
2. Sauromugue Champaign
3. Ferries between Mhaura and Selbina

The more “tired” a player becomes after repeated fishing, the longer it will now take to recast his or her line.

Players will be “tired” for a short period of time after being raised.

New BGM is now played when battling it out with a bite.

New types of salt and freshwater fish, as well as rare “legendary” fish, have been added.

When a monster is caught, only the player who reeled it in (and his/her party or alliance) will be able to attack it (the monster's name will be displayed in red/purple).

Subject: Harvesting Adventure!

Message: From new quests and items to adjustments in mining and harvesting, the April version update will bring dozens of exciting changes in several different areas. Click here for further details!

Subject: New Areas!

Message: The FINAL FANTASY XI development team is currently working on several new areas to be released in the upcoming version update. What adventures await you in these unexplored new lands? Click here to have a sneak peek!

Subject: An Important Notice Regarding Experience System Revisions

Message: Our next version update will implement changes to the experience system. These changes will be applicable to players who are level 51 and above. Click here for more details.

Subject: Going Ballistic for Ballista

Message: Calling all Ballista freaks! In the version update coming later this month, the development team will be introducing an all-new area just for you! For more details, click here!

Subject: New Equipment, Synthesis Recipes, and More!

Message: In our next version update we will be introducing new equipment and synthesis recipes, as well as additional items to purchase with your guild points. Click here for a preview of the latest gear!

Further details will be announced at the time of the version update.

Subject: Strike a Pose!

Message: Have you ever wished you could change the pose of your mannequin? Well, following the next version update, your wildest dreams will come true! Just complete a series of quests, and Fyi Chalmwoh of Mhaura's Goldsmiths' Guild will reshape any of your mannequins to the following:

/sit
/salute (San d'Oria, Bastok, Windurst)
/hurray

As well as special poses for each of the races!

Keep an eye out for more information on mannequins in the coming weeks!

Subject: Fishing Frenzy!

Message: The FINAL FANTASY XI development team is currently working on a plethora of new changes to the fishing system. To reel in more details, cast your line here.

Subject: The New and Improved Friend List!

Message: On March 3rd, the PlayOnline Viewer Friend List was updated with several new and exciting features such as the Group Friend List. These additions are also scheduled to be implemented within FINAL FANTASY XI later this spring.

For further information on the Group Friend List and more, click here.

Subject: ENM Madness

Message: Ever since their implementation in the February version update, Empty Notorious Monster (ENM) quests have been taking Vana'diel by storm! But what you've seen has only been the tip of the iceberg! Our next update, planned for late April, will introduce even more action-packed, white-knuckle battles for parties of all shapes and sizes. There will also be various system changes that will allow you to take on the nefarious beasts with even more of your friends!

Keep an eye on this page for all the latest details!

Subject: Git Clammin'!

Message: For all you clammers out there, we have some great news--the ever-popular Purgonorgo mini-game is being made even better! Fill your bucket to the brim without busting its bottom, and you'll be rewarded with an even bigger receptacle to test your clamming skills! And with a larger bucket, who knows what treasures you'll be taking home after a day of digging?

Visit the topics section regularly for more details on clamming and other changes planned for the next version update!

Subject: Return Home To Vana'diel!

Message: For a limited time beginning April 14, we will launch the "Return Home to Vana'diel Part I," a special campaign aimed at players who have already unsubscribed from PlayOnline. For all players who had given up, thinking they could never play again, be sure to apply and grab this chance to come back! Details here!!

Subject: Equipment Storage

Message: In the previous version update, a new service was added allowing players to safely store full sets of artifact armor for a small fee. Due to the positive feedback regarding this new feature, the development team has decided to expand the equipment storage service to include over thirty new sets of various low-level armor and clothing. After trading a full set (consisting of 4 to 5 pieces) to one of four NPCs located in each of the major nations, players will receive a claim slip that can be presented when they wish to have their armor returned.

Whether for level-restricted orb battles, Promathia missions, or for raising support jobs, low-level equipment can eat up a lot of room in a player's Mog Safe. Utilizing this feature will make it easier to store and retrieve space-consuming armor sets, while leaving Mog Safes open to hold more important items. The days of throwing away sleepshrooms to open slots for your silver gauntlets are over!

Further details on the expanded service will be made available in the version update announcement released in late April.

Subject: Upcoming Version Update

Message: The development team is currently working on the next version update, which will include all the usual goodies--new quests, new Notorious Monsters, and various system additions and improvements--as well as the next installment of the Promathia story. Watch this space for the latest announcements regarding update details.
The next version update is scheduled to take place in late April.

There's a new version update next month and I think SE is going to feed us the update information in little bits and pieces like they did last time. I'm not sure if it was helpful or useful to anybody last update but I am going to maintain this post with all the latest information from http://www.playonline.com to keep us informed and give us a place to discuss the ever changing world of Vana'diel.
Last edited by Dukuji on Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:03 pm, edited 15 times in total.
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

I'm starting to become less hopeful for new jobs and more variety in lower-level equipment. I haven't even begun to dive into the Promathia story yet, so I'm not really that concerned about it. Meh.
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

new lower level gear would be wonderus. I mean, they got some great stuff for thf, rng, pld, and war... but what about eveyone else?
[color=indigo]New sig comin'. But in the meantime...[/color]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/baofowfwoosh.gif[/img]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

low lvl gear? HOW ABOUT BETTER JSE FOR WARRIORS ; ;

there i said it :P
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

What's wrong with the current JSE for Warriors? It's secksee. :P

My problem with the JSE is that it's the same outfit with different textures. I think armor should come in many different varieties and styles... special armor especially. I mean, look at all the things you have to go through to get Relic armor... why have it look almost exactly the same as Artifact armor?? Poor Paladins, White Mages and Beastmasters... the texture change is almost unnoticable.

The new armor they have added is a joke. Shade armor is worthless, as far as I've heard, and not worth equipping compared to my Chainmail gear. I don't really care for the style of either, so I'm stuck with having to equip for stats only. But I never run by someone and say "Hey, nice stats you're wearing!" When I choose equipment, I want to look good in it. I don't want to look like I went to a junk yard and played Mix 'n Match Metalpieces. But the coolest armor near my level is the Eisenbrust set, and that's at 29. I'm only planning to level WAR to 30 now, and 37 tops, because I want to go SAM. But I dunno... I just would like to have more options in how I look at different levels than wearing a robe that looks the same at level 30-something as it did at level 1, for example. :roll:

And having new job types would help. :P
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

dont like the barone gear, the adamn gear looks creepy, assault jerkin is cool, the drops from seiryu's gang are nice, but thats about it really
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Barone is not meant for War anyways. Really think you'll get much use out of those Jump enhancing effects? :lol: But seriously, yeah. Half the time I see War's running around mostly in their AF. Good news is you don't have to shell out the gazillions others do on equip. Bad news is...poor equipment choice....

A solution I see is don't be a war, but I guess that's not an option, hehe.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

Well, maybe the barone set was made by SE to encourage war/drg? I dunno...
[color=indigo]New sig comin'. But in the meantime...[/color]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/baofowfwoosh.gif[/img]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Um war AF sucks depending on subjob really, War/Nin is me, and my job and role is to DD, tanking ya, but not as effective, but our armor gives us Enmity +15 total, and the barone gear? its decent for war, just not good.
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

you guys have really not seen a bunch of high lvl wars then >.>;;

thier are LOADS of equip choices for you to choose from, but most go with generally one of two differnt options.

option 1. Haste tank, idea is to get as much haste+ gear as possible to attack as fast as possible and cut utusemi cast times downto near nothing, then just murder things, works very well, fabulously expensive.

option 2. pure muscle, idea is similar to drk, get as much acc+ att+ str+ and dmg+ stuff as possible and beat mobs sencelesss, also fabulously expensive.

war at end game becomes very expensive cause you need multiple different item sets (hauberk and Scorpion harness) for example, if you want to be both tank and dd. usually by 74/75, a war figures out what they want to be, and advertises themself at that, cauze frankly just the armor your gonna need is going to be rediculous by itself.

also karou, adaman gear looks really great on mithra wars (not adaman tanking armor, adaman hauberk :wink: )

as for new low lvl gear... i dont see any need for it, sure it would be nice, but there is a hell of alot of low lvl gear already. i remember switching out my gearset at low lvls very rapidly from lvl 1-20, and honestly, the problem i started to have was i was lvling so rapidly, my old gear wasnt selling fast enough. considering you get a new set of armor every 3-5 levels or so all the way to lvl 50, you really dont need much more, high lvls i can see needing more, cauze there really isnt much good there (hence the new pld jse ,which rocks, and new whm jse ){/drool})
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

Nivez wrote:you guys have really not seen a bunch of high lvl wars then >.>;;

thier are LOADS of equip choices for you to choose from, but most go with generally one of two differnt options.

option 1. Haste tank, idea is to get as much haste+ gear as possible to attack as fast as possible and cut utusemi cast times downto near nothing, then just murder things, works very well, fabulously expensive.

option 2. pure muscle, idea is similar to drk, get as much acc+ att+ str+ and dmg+ stuff as possible and beat mobs sencelesss, also fabulously expensive.

war at end game becomes very expensive cause you need multiple different item sets (hauberk and Scorpion harness) for example, if you want to be both tank and dd. usually by 74/75, a war figures out what they want to be, and advertises themself at that, cauze frankly just the armor your gonna need is going to be rediculous by itself.

also karou, adaman gear looks really great on mithra wars (not adaman tanking armor, adaman hauberk :wink: )

as for new low lvl gear... i dont see any need for it, sure it would be nice, but there is a hell of alot of low lvl gear already. i remember switching out my gearset at low lvls very rapidly from lvl 1-20, and honestly, the problem i started to have was i was lvling so rapidly, my old gear wasnt selling fast enough. considering you get a new set of armor every 3-5 levels or so all the way to lvl 50, you really dont need much more, high lvls i can see needing more, cauze there really isnt much good there (hence the new pld jse ,which rocks, and new whm jse ){/drool})
1) Haste shouldn't affect Ninjutsu, it only affects melee speed.

2) I particularly despise the fact that updates and events tend to favor the highest-level players. And I really don't think there's that much choice in low-level gear. There's no need to switch gear but twice between 1-10 and once between 10-20. It's not a problem of current available armor as it is current available armor all looks the same. Some people don't care about that, but I do. I think if you're wearing a level 13 Robe it shouldn't look the same as a level 1 Robe. Not only that, but there just needs to be more variety in equipment models.

Meh, I don't know why I care at this point... I know it's never going to happen. :roll:

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

SE proved they were able to do decent skirt animations with the Hina Matsuri rice cakes... what would be cool is if they started replicating the costumes of heroes from past final fantasy games....

or not... i can see in my head a bunch of Sephiroph Cos-Players in FFXI... or a Galka dressed like Yuna from FFX (full body shivers)
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

everyone picks on the war/nin ; ;

ya your right Niv, it does get expensive, you think im shelling out a lo9t for ninjutsu now? ha, can't wait for 75 *winks* :wink:
Fayin
Feral Cat

Post by Fayin »

Josiejo wrote:...1) Haste shouldn't affect Ninjutsu, it only affects melee speed....
Now I haven't put one exp point towards NIN but everytime I see one use Utsusemi, it says Soandso begins casting Utsusemi:whatever. To me that's a spell, and Haste does affect spells. It lowers the recast timer on them. I don't know what the recast timer is on Utsusemi so I don't know how helpful Haste would be in this case, but if you're blinking you're also dual wielding and if you're dual wielding, Haste is most sexah.
[b]-Fayin-[/b]
46WHM   43BLM   48THF   21WAR
59+1 Cooking   58+1 Woodworking   25 Fishing

[b]-Entourage-[/b]
Name                     Lv     GB   MHE Aketon  Warp
Fayinsjeunomule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinssandymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinswindymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinsbastymule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]

[size=75]"omg Ebay..."[/size]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Ninjutsu ARE SPELLS to a point. The Exory Uses Silence Gas. Karou is Silenced. (Karou) Spirrrits of Life Cast Upon me the Shadows of w/e Utesumi: Ichi. Unable to Cast Spells.

you get silenced you cannot cast. MND and INT help Ninjutsu Casting aswell, but is not a priority. Haste does affect the spells, becuase it not only helps get us attacking faster, but casting faster, tho my ninjutsu isnt capped yet dont ask why pls.

but over all to a point. Nivy correct me if im wrong, but if i am, ill be hiding under the couch from n00b syndrome :(
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

More information on the update:

The update is said to include fixes to problems and new things for players of ridiculously high level...It's also said to introduce new problems to things which are said to be complained about...
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

random thought.. >.>

I want my Blue Mage...

End of random thought.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

Fayin wrote:
Josiejo wrote:...1) Haste shouldn't affect Ninjutsu, it only affects melee speed....
Now I haven't put one exp point towards NIN but everytime I see one use Utsusemi, it says Soandso begins casting Utsusemi:whatever. To me that's a spell, and Haste does affect spells. It lowers the recast timer on them. I don't know what the recast timer is on Utsusemi so I don't know how helpful Haste would be in this case, but if you're blinking you're also dual wielding and if you're dual wielding, Haste is most sexah.
Meh... then the description of the spell is wrong. "Increases attack speed of the target." Sounds like what I said, eh? Since some spells are not attack spells, you'd think Haste would exclude spells. Oh well, if it works, that's cool with me. :)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

Josiejo wrote:2) I particularly despise the fact that updates and events tend to favor the highest-level players.
I don't agree with this. Looking at level 30 and below as "low level," there have been quite a few additions.

Promyvion missions, for example, start with the three crags that are level capped at 30. If you really are level 30 or less, you gain full experience for any monsters slain while those above 30 get 50% off. Clearly, this favors low level participation.

Astral Rings have been moved to BCNM 20s recently.

And speaking of which, there are BCNM 20s and 30s around the world that low level characters can participate in. These events offer exotic belts, earrings, and weapons that can be used at level 20 or 30.

Another relatively recent addition: Garrison. These events are capped as low as level 20.

And with Garrison came all the level 18 Garrison gear you could gain as drops.

There's also whole new sets of armor they've added at level 25 for tanks, and level 29 for tanks and mages that give really good stats.

The changes to fishing recently are also not restricted to level. A level 1 character can enjoy the changes to fishing as much as one at 75.

SE's holiday events are always open to everyone of all levels, so it's not like low level characters are left in the cold on these. Easter, Summerfest, Halloween, and Christmas last year offered level 1 gear as prizes. I still use my easter eggs to this day :P

And it's not like the selection of low level gear is lacking. If anything, it's completely saturated. There are very few of the first 20 levels where you can't at least consider picking up some new gear of some kind to use.

If the gear looks plain and lackluster and even a little "cookie cutter"... well it should. It's low level gear, after all. It would be silly for it to seem cooler than what someone at level 60 gets to wear :P Level up higher if you want a new look :roll:
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

I don't mind if the gear reflects lower levels, but I just hate the variety in textures and models, especially low level.

Well, I admit there have been some additions for lower level, but they're all mediocre at best. Garrison gear isn't worth going through the trouble of competing in Garrison matches. If anything, the Mannequin parts are about the only lure there. And the best place to use Garrison armor? Garrison. Why bother? From what I've heard, it's frustrating and not as lucrative as BCNMs, excluding mannequin parts.

So you think the best BCNM drops are going to fall to level 20-30? I'm sure there are good ones, but again, higher level players have had more opportunity to collect seals, which means if you don't have them yourself or don't know someone who does, BCNMs don't really count for much. People who are lower level tend to be interested in gaining levels anyway, not fighting a level-restricted boss, unless they're raising gil for something to buy.

And events... I remember working my tail off during the Halloween event to just get enough money to keep buying stacks of Oranges to trade to the costumed people before getting just the Treat Staff. I wanted everything, but there was no way I was going to spend any more time farming to make a little money just to blow it on the off-chance I might get something besides a Jack-o-Lantern. Clearly this favors higher-level people who have the means to get gil by participating in the events you stated because they've had more opportunity to get enough items/levels/fame to get it. I'm not saying they're not entitled, but people at low levels who want a rare item only given out once a year have to just kill themselves to have nothing to show for it but those items.

*sigh* Oh well, I suppose we'll just see it differently, because I'm still not convinced that low-level players are getting any lovin'.

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Neoshinobi wrote:More information on the update:

The update is said to include fixes to problems and new things for players of ridiculously high level...It's also said to introduce new problems to things which are said to be complained about...
Guess again ....

I updated the topic to include the new armor storage ... and it can even help out the lower levels. Check it out.
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

Sounds like you've already got your mind made up about this.

But for the sake of anyone else who's interested, I'll respond in kind.
Josiejo wrote:I don't mind if the gear reflects lower levels, but I just hate the variety in textures and models, especially low level.
You're supposed to hate the textures... it's low level gear :P It's supposed to make the high level gear look good. The idea here is to make leveling rewarding and to encourage you to level.
Josiejo wrote:Well, I admit there have been some additions for lower level, but they're all mediocre at best.
I wish these items were around when I was a low level character. They are a significant improvement over what used to be available.
Josiejo wrote:And the best place to use Garrison armor? Garrison.
There are some really good stat bonuses on Garrison gear. If they weren't so rare, I'd buy some for sure for some of my lower level jobs. And because they are rare, they sell for substantial amounts of money. You also don't have to consume any Beastman Seals to do a Garrison. Just get a dropped item from the local dungeon in the region.
Josiejo wrote:So you think the best BCNM drops are going to fall to level 20-30?
I didn't say they would be the best, nor would I expect them to be. But, Astral Rings are worth half a million on Alexander, and they are useful from level 10 to 75... that alone should be impressive enough.
Josiejo wrote: ... higher level players have had more opportunity to collect seals ...
Actually, it's easier to get seals at the lowest levels because you're able to solo challenging monsters. At higher levels, you only get a sixth of the seals that are dropped.
Josiejo wrote:I wanted everything, but there was no way I was going to spend any more time farming to make a little money just to blow it on the off-chance I might get something besides a Jack-o-Lantern. Clearly this favors higher-level people who have the means to get gil by participating in the events you stated because they've had more opportunity to get enough items/levels/fame to get it.
The reason people level up at all is because they gain priveleges and advantages like that. I certainly won't apologize for that concept, nor should it change. The effort put into your character should be rewarded, don't you think?

That said, you could still participate in the event, could you not?
Josiejo wrote:*sigh* Oh well, I suppose we'll just see it differently, because I'm still not convinced that low-level players are getting any lovin'.
You should look at it this way: Any content that's offered to high level characters is just another thing you have to look forward to when your character finally reaches that level. The trouble with games like World of Warcraft is there's nothing to do when you finally reach the maximum level. I'm glad the game is still interesting and challenging even though you've made it all the way, and that there will always be new things added to keep it that way.
Rise of Zilart Completed
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

Ok C-leaf, you win. So when are you gonna help me get some Astral Rings? ;)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

I doubt half the things you mentioned (garrison/bcnm/ect) are known by many "noobs."

Also to further go with the higher levels get more love: Most...if not all...of Promathia additions can't really be used unless your really over 30, take Promy...From what I've heard and experienced {Incredibly Tough} to {Impossible to Gauge}, not to mention some areas can't even be grazed until all Promathia missions are done. :?:
Sickazz
Kitten

Post by Sickazz »

Lower levels, as i see them are fine the way they are now. Post 30 is when things start getting interesting. Promivian, bcnm's (most of the ones that are worth it at least), and more leveling areas. Plus usually, not all the time, people start to understand there job much better. Meaning, exp will come faster and much easier.
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/SickazzSpanky/sickbanner.gif[/img]
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?61922
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

Josiejo wrote:Ok C-leaf, you win. So when are you gonna help me get some Astral Rings? ;)
Sure. All we need is a second summoner, and we can Astral Flow the bats to death while you distract them for a moment. ;)
Rise of Zilart Completed
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Added info on the "Return Home To Vana'diel" campaign. Not exactly "update" info but it's happening about the same time as the next update so ... why not?
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

The info keeps on coming in ......

Added info on the new ENM quests and the expanded Clamming.

-Cheers
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

What's clamming? I haven't even heard of it... :oops:

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

Josiejo wrote:What's clamming? I haven't even heard of it... :oops:
It's FFXI's "best kept secret" :P

If you have chains of promathia, you can go to Bibiki Bay off of Buburimu Peninsula. Not far from the entrance of the Bibiki Bay zone is a dock. A "manaclipper" docks there occasionally, and will follow one of 3 routes. Two of the routes are just pure fishing trips and you end up back where you started, but one of the routes takes you to an island. It could literally take up to half-an-hour to wait for this boat.

But if you do buy a ticket and take this boat and hop off on the island, there's a mithra there who, for a 500 gil fee, rent you clamming equipment. With this clamming equipment, you look for clamming points along the island's beaches which allows you to collect items.

When you're done collecting items, you can return the clamming equipment in exchange for them.

The down side is, occasionally your bucket will break. If it breaks, you lose all the items you collected so far and you have to return the empty bucket because it's useless now. Pretty much, you kiss your 500 gil and all your time spent goodbye.

Clamming is not very popular :roll:
Rise of Zilart Completed